The Klartext Landfill for Absurd, Ignorant, and Deplorable Posts VI
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 19, 2024, 04:45:09 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Forum Community
  Forum Community (Moderators: The Dowager Mod, YE, KoopaDaQuick 🇵🇸)
  The Klartext Landfill for Absurd, Ignorant, and Deplorable Posts VI
« previous next »
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 6 7 8 ... 77
Author Topic: The Klartext Landfill for Absurd, Ignorant, and Deplorable Posts VI  (Read 149858 times)
‼realJohnEwards‼
MatteKudasai
United States

Political Matrix
E: -6.19, S: -4.87

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #50 on: October 21, 2016, 08:06:31 AM »

If it's not moral for an individual to pursue their self-interest at the expense of others, then it's not moral for a country to pursue its self-interest at the expense of other countries.

Any moral foreign policy should put universalist goals to the forefront.
So you approve of China dumping steel on American markets?
Figueira
Atlas Icon

« Reply #51 on: October 21, 2016, 10:02:38 AM »

The semi-competitive races I care about most apart from just the Senate majority and the Electoral College:

-McCrory vs. Cooper
-Rubio vs. Murphy
-Toomey vs. McGinty
-Burr vs. Ross
-Johnson vs. Feingold
-NO on all marijuana initiatives
-Not allowing any Southern state (other than Virginia, which is a given) to vote for Clinton
-Utah going for McMullin
-Mike Lee winning by at least 50 over Mr. Snow
Figueira
Atlas Icon

« Reply #52 on: October 21, 2016, 03:46:32 PM »

The semi-competitive races I care about most apart from just the Senate majority and the Electoral College:

-McCrory vs. Cooper
-Rubio vs. Murphy
-Toomey vs. McGinty
-Burr vs. Ross
-Johnson vs. Feingold
-NO on all marijuana initiatives
-Not allowing any Southern state (other than Virginia, which is a given) to vote for Clinton
-Utah going for McMullin
-Mike Lee winning by at least 50 over Mr. Snow

Pretty much everything he's ever posted belongs here.

True, but that was especially egregious.
The world will shine with light in our nightmare
Just Passion Through
Atlas Legend
Norway

Political Matrix
E: -6.32, S: -7.48

P P P

« Reply #53 on: October 21, 2016, 09:41:22 PM »

I don't support gay marriage. Civil union yes. Marriage no.
I think gay couples shouldn't be allowed to adopt children either.

I think gay campaign groups have to much money and influence on politics today.

Am I homophobic?

I think that these kinds of questions can be answered by taking the original question and applying it to other groups. Is not supporting women's sufferage ... sexist?

This really isn't applicable unless you think gays shouldn't be allowed to vote.
🐒Gods of Prosperity🔱🐲💸
shua
Atlas Star
Nepal

Political Matrix
E: 1.29, S: -0.70

WWW Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #54 on: October 22, 2016, 12:21:20 AM »

I don't support gay marriage. Civil union yes. Marriage no.
I think gay couples shouldn't be allowed to adopt children either.

I think gay campaign groups have to much money and influence on politics today.

Am I homophobic?

I think that these kinds of questions can be answered by taking the original question and applying it to other groups. Is not supporting women's sufferage ... sexist?

This really isn't applicable unless you think gays shouldn't be allowed to vote.

We are putting statements that should be self-evident in this thread now too?
Kingpoleon
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #55 on: October 22, 2016, 11:09:34 AM »

Well, do you mean you don't support gay marriage, or you think it's okay to discriminate against people for any reason? The latter could obviously be a liberty issue.
Just to be clear, libertarianism doesn't think it's okay to discriminate. We just think that it shouldn't be the government's job to force you to be a decent person as long as you're not hurting anyone.

So you support anti-discrimination laws then?
MASHED POTATOES. VOTE!
Kalwejt
Atlas Institution

« Reply #56 on: October 22, 2016, 02:03:45 PM »

If it's not moral for an individual to pursue their self-interest at the expense of others, then it's not moral for a country to pursue its self-interest at the expense of other countries.

There's literally nothing wrong with this post.

A morality-driven foreign policy is more likely to do harm than actual good, I'm afraid.

Still, it's hardly a "Absurd, Ignorant, Bigoted and Just Plain Awful Post".
Figueira
Atlas Icon

« Reply #57 on: October 22, 2016, 04:27:42 PM »

A morality-driven foreign policy is more likely to do harm than actual good, I'm afraid.

By definition, the most moral foreign policy is the one that does the most good.
Antonio the Sixth
Antonio V
Atlas Institution
United States

Political Matrix
E: -7.87, S: -3.83

P P
« Reply #58 on: October 22, 2016, 04:48:30 PM »

Prostitution is one of those issues where people are stuck in an irrational mindset due to tradition and other things. Prostitution being illegal hurts prostitutes more than anyone else. The only reason prostitutes are dependent on abusive pimps is because prostitution is illegal. The oft suggested idea of only arresting pimps and johns (aside from making no legal or moral sense) doesn't fix this since prostitution would still be an illicit business in that scenario and they would still need pimps to "push" for them and get their clients in a lot of cases. If it were legal they could work independently and easily advertise like any other business (especially in the age of the internet) or work at a heavily regulated legal brothel. If you're actually interested in what's best for sex workers this is the best scenario.

The reasons people oppose legal prostitution are-

A.- Traditional Western/Christian morality (why conservatives oppose it) backed up by a bunch of pseudo-intellectual gibberish about "culture rot"

B.- Women with cuckold (or I guess cuckqueen) anxieties who subconsciously think their husbands/boyfriends will got out and screw a bunch of prostitutes if it's legal. Men's sexual anxieties/insecurities/frustration have been oft discussed as having an effect on their political beliefs (see Dr. Strangelove, or posts in this thread) so this is a perfectly valid hypothesis.

MASHED POTATOES. VOTE!
Kalwejt
Atlas Institution

« Reply #59 on: October 22, 2016, 04:53:46 PM »

By definition, the most moral foreign policy is the one that does the most good.

OK, I should've said missionary-style foreign policy then.
MASHED POTATOES. VOTE!
Kalwejt
Atlas Institution

« Reply #60 on: October 22, 2016, 04:55:01 PM »

Prostitution is one of those issues where people are stuck in an irrational mindset due to tradition and other things. Prostitution being illegal hurts prostitutes more than anyone else. The only reason prostitutes are dependent on abusive pimps is because prostitution is illegal. The oft suggested idea of only arresting pimps and johns (aside from making no legal or moral sense) doesn't fix this since prostitution would still be an illicit business in that scenario and they would still need pimps to "push" for them and get their clients in a lot of cases. If it were legal they could work independently and easily advertise like any other business (especially in the age of the internet) or work at a heavily regulated legal brothel. If you're actually interested in what's best for sex workers this is the best scenario.

A.- Traditional Western/Christian morality (why conservatives oppose it) backed up by a bunch of pseudo-intellectual gibberish about "culture rot"

B.- Women with cuckold (or I guess cuckqueen) anxieties who subconsciously think their husbands/boyfriends will got out and screw a bunch of prostitutes if it's legal. Men's sexual anxieties/insecurities/frustration have been oft discussed as having an effect on their political beliefs (see Dr. Strangelove, or posts in this thread) so this is a perfectly valid hypothesis.

Ugh... While I (reluctantly) believe making prostitution illegal does more harm than good for the prostitutes, HisGrace's explanation of why people oppose it is pure nonsense,
DC Al Fine
Atlas Icon
Canada

« Reply #61 on: October 22, 2016, 07:09:10 PM »

In the 'Bigoted' category

representatives of religious organisations have no business in an hospital.
World politics is up Schmitt creek
Nathan
Moderators
Atlas Superstar

« Reply #62 on: October 22, 2016, 07:20:04 PM »

In the 'Bigoted' category

representatives of religious organisations have no business in an hospital.

It's also one of the most absurd things I've ever read on this forum.
they don't love you like i love you
BRTD
Atlas Prophet
Ukraine

Political Matrix
E: -6.50, S: -6.67

P P
« Reply #63 on: October 22, 2016, 07:31:17 PM »

It's actually not a terrible post that makes good (if albeit somewhat crude) points until it gets to that last paragraph.
Figueira
Atlas Icon

« Reply #64 on: October 22, 2016, 08:04:29 PM »

Well, do you mean you don't support gay marriage, or you think it's okay to discriminate against people for any reason? The latter could obviously be a liberty issue.
Just to be clear, libertarianism doesn't think it's okay to discriminate. We just think that it shouldn't be the government's job to force you to be a decent person as long as you're not hurting anyone.

So you support anti-discrimination laws then?

Could someone explain why this is a bad post?
Figueira
Atlas Icon

« Reply #65 on: October 22, 2016, 09:59:54 PM »

Republicans should pass a law mandating that a Republican be appointed to any vacancy.
Since I'm the mad scientist proclaimed by myself
omegascarlet
Junior Chimp

« Reply #66 on: October 22, 2016, 11:08:24 PM »

It's actually not a terrible post that makes good (if albeit somewhat crude) points until it gets to that last paragraph.
I second that motion.
omegascarlet
Junior Chimp

« Reply #67 on: October 22, 2016, 11:09:56 PM »

I think this is entirely accurate. We need to do everything we can to avoid this nightmare.

This is why the War on Terror has been a bad idea from the start. Just like the War on Drugs. It creates a breeding ground for authoritarians.

But that's no excuse for anyone to actively support someone who says they will be a dictator.

I'll agree with the first paragraph.

The second part of this is a stretch.  We survived Nixon, and Hillary is far more Nixonian than Trump.
omegascarlet
Junior Chimp

« Reply #68 on: October 22, 2016, 11:12:55 PM »

This should be a wake up call to all renegade Republicans to flock to Trump and help prevent this wicked witch of the east from becoming the next president.

If they fail to do it, they will have no one but themselves to blame for their own ruin.

omegascarlet
Junior Chimp

« Reply #69 on: October 22, 2016, 11:15:13 PM »

Too many people take our federal republic, democratic institutions, and our status as a free, self-governing people for granted, it seems.  We have long forgotten what it was like to be ruled by despots....  

We will remember that, if Clinton wins.

Only if Hillary is elected we will sink into anarchy. If the chief executive is someone who is breaking the law how can they enforce it?

I need to up my standards for posts that belong in the bad post gallery. This is from like 5 minutes browsing the 2016 board.
omegascarlet
Junior Chimp

« Reply #70 on: October 22, 2016, 11:20:55 PM »

Antonio the Sixth
Antonio V
Atlas Institution
United States

Political Matrix
E: -7.87, S: -3.83

P P
« Reply #71 on: October 22, 2016, 11:21:49 PM »

oh ffs
omegascarlet
Junior Chimp

« Reply #72 on: October 23, 2016, 01:27:30 AM »

oops wrong gallary. This one is funny.
MASHED POTATOES. VOTE!
Kalwejt
Atlas Institution

« Reply #73 on: October 23, 2016, 07:52:42 AM »

Context:

they don't love you like i love you
BRTD
Atlas Prophet
Ukraine

Political Matrix
E: -6.50, S: -6.67

P P
« Reply #74 on: October 23, 2016, 12:20:23 PM »

Uh, it's true. He allied with all sorts of loony quasi-fascist people and organizations in opposition to the New Deal.
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 6 7 8 ... 77  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies