The Klartext Landfill for Absurd, Ignorant, and Deplorable Posts VI
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 23, 2024, 02:57:12 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Forum Community
  Forum Community (Moderators: The Dowager Mod, YE, KoopaDaQuick 🇵🇸)
  The Klartext Landfill for Absurd, Ignorant, and Deplorable Posts VI
« previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 10 11 12 13 14 [15] 16 17 18 19 20 ... 77
Author Topic: The Klartext Landfill for Absurd, Ignorant, and Deplorable Posts VI  (Read 149935 times)
SUSAN CRUSHBONE
evergreen
Junior Chimp
Antarctica

WWW Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #350 on: December 09, 2016, 06:42:03 AM »

The cause of most problems in today's society is the fact that stupid people are allowed to breed.

well, thank you for doïng your part to alleviate that problem
NeverAgain
Junior Chimp
United States

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #351 on: December 09, 2016, 02:59:42 PM »

You just got elected to the 115th Congress. What is the first piece of legislation you introduce?

For me, it's one I've talked about before. It would be titled the "Football Protection and Collegiate Athletics Reform Act," and it would do the following:

Abolish the NCAA and create a new governing body for college sports that reports directly to the House Oversight Committee.

Prohibit the new committee from creating or enforcing a targeting rule in football.

Shield the NFL, former NCAA, new governing body, NFHS, or any other athletic conference or league from being sued due to player injury, in the same way that gun manufacturers are shielded from lawsuits.

Specify that Title IX relates to biological sex only, and does not apply to athletics in any way, shape, or form at any level.

Remove most brainless restrictions on recruiting.

Your first action as a member of Congress is to nationalize American football.

Wow.

Absolutely. We've got to make football great again and restore it to its former glory. The NCAA has turned into a tool of the Social Justice Warriors, from ruining football because a couple guys got hurt, to using basketball as a weapon against North Carolina because they dared pass a state law the Tumblrinas in charge of the NCAA didn't agree with, the NCAA has got to go.
Santander
Atlas Star
United Kingdom

Political Matrix
E: 4.00, S: 2.61

« Reply #352 on: December 09, 2016, 03:01:35 PM »

Rename this thread after Wolverine, I say.
NeverAgain
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #353 on: December 09, 2016, 03:04:43 PM »

Rename this thread after Wolverine, I say.

One thing I entirely agree with Santander on.
Bojack Horseman
Wolverine22
YaBB God
United States

« Reply #354 on: December 09, 2016, 03:12:43 PM »

What happened yesterday is what happens when I don't take my medication.
Atlas Has Shrugged
ChairmanSanchez
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix
E: 5.29, S: -5.04

« Reply #355 on: December 09, 2016, 03:14:27 PM »

What happened yesterday is what happens when I don't take my medication.
Is that what happened when you said you hated transpeople as well?
Bojack Horseman
Wolverine22
YaBB God
United States

« Reply #356 on: December 09, 2016, 03:33:20 PM »

Probably. It usually never ends well when I'm unmedicated.
RINO Tom
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix
E: 2.45, S: -0.52

« Reply #357 on: December 09, 2016, 05:11:56 PM »

Probably. It usually never ends well when I'm unmedicated.

So ... take it.
Okay, maybe Mike Johnson is a competent parliamentarian.
Nathan
Moderators
Atlas Superstar

« Reply #358 on: December 09, 2016, 05:15:32 PM »

I'm heavily medicated as well and, even though Wolverine is still a miserable Hitlerite cur if what he was saying reflects his actual views (hidden or otherwise), I have to defend him in that it's often not nearly as simple as just 'take it', especially for someone with executive dysfunction and/or a complicated med regime.
Santander
Atlas Star
United Kingdom

Political Matrix

« Reply #359 on: December 09, 2016, 05:23:38 PM »

Come on, surely you have more empathy than that?
Bojack Horseman
Wolverine22
YaBB God
United States

« Reply #360 on: December 09, 2016, 06:03:51 PM »

I'm really not hateful on the inside. It's just that when I'm unmedicated, some things make more sense than they should. Especially as someone with an IQ of 122.
Enduro
Junior Chimp

« Reply #361 on: December 09, 2016, 08:12:44 PM »

But... It is.
MASHED POTATOES. VOTE!
Kalwejt
Atlas Institution

« Reply #362 on: December 09, 2016, 08:19:54 PM »

I'm really not hateful on the inside. It's just that when I'm unmedicated, some things make more sense than they should. Especially as someone with an IQ of 122.

Bragging about having a high IQ on the internet is always suspicious.
Bojack Horseman
Wolverine22
YaBB God
United States

« Reply #363 on: December 09, 2016, 08:38:30 PM »

Bragging about having a high IQ on the internet is always suspicious.

I'm not bragging, I'm embarrassed.
The world will shine with light in our nightmare
Just Passion Through
Atlas Legend
Norway

Political Matrix
E: -6.32, S: -7.48

P P P

« Reply #364 on: December 09, 2016, 09:18:55 PM »

I feel more fascistic when I'm off my meds, as well, come to think of it.

I'm heavily medicated as well and, even though Wolverine is still a miserable Hitlerite cur if what he was saying reflects his actual views (hidden or otherwise), I have to defend him in that it's often not nearly as simple as just 'take it', especially for someone with executive dysfunction and/or a complicated med regime.

^^ Also very true.  It's a hard problem to describe to those who've never dealt with it.
RINO Tom
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix
E: 2.45, S: -0.52

« Reply #365 on: December 09, 2016, 10:30:03 PM »

I'd be interested to hear more about this, in complete seriousness.

And Santender, I'd describe myself as ignorant on the issue, rather.  Maybe I'm being too kind to myself, but I don't think I'm coming from a lack of empathy (a word you wouldn't comprehend if it smacked you in the face).
Santander
Atlas Star
United Kingdom

Political Matrix

« Reply #366 on: December 10, 2016, 02:45:54 AM »

Natural selection is eugenics. We just need to stop leftist attempts to redefine strong as weak and beautiful as ugly.

Quite ironic given the implicit leftist endorsement of positive eugenics (at least for such valued traits as promiscuity and indolence)

Not leaving people to starve in the streets for being worthless lazy sluts or the children thereof='positive eugenics,' apparently. Slink off back to /pol/ where you belong, fash.

I would think that taxing those that are better able to plan for the future to fund those that cannot (and providing more money for each additional kid) is the very essence of "encouraging reproduction by persons presumed to have inheritable desirable traits"

The purpose of these policies, you vile piece of sh**t, is to ameliorate the situation caused by the fact that these people are already having these children. Sure, you can argue that the effect of the policies is to tacitly encourage poor women to have 'too many' children--if you assume that the working poor of this country are Hugolian mauvais pauvre who value children and their lives based on how much sweet sweet welfare moolah they're 'good for'. However, arguing that says far more about you than it does about them, and the proposed 'solutions' that eventuate from this type of thinking obscure the real issues at play and also lead to endemic pediatric malnutrition in what is otherwise a first-world country.

One of the biggest actual reasons why poor women have 'too many' children too young and by too many men (no scare quotes around too in these cases because these are actual objective problems; I, the Catholic convert, am certainly not going to argue that teen pregnancy and promiscuity are somehow adiaphora) is that they simply see no reason not too, because unlike their f**ked-up neurotic 'betters' most of them still see children as a blessing and as a light to lives that don't really have much else going for them. Why not have a child at sixteen, if your chance of going to college is equally nonexistent whether you do or not? Why not shack up with another man after a while, if the father of your first child won't and can't marry you because he's in prison for a bullsh**t drug offense? Your proposed answer--'because if you do we will let you and your children die in a heap, you abhorrent slut'--certainly is an answer, but so are 'because you have legitimate hopes and dreams' and 'because public universities are actually affordable these days' and 'because you actually have attainable models of stable married love and family in your community who aren't senescent grandparents who got married back in the old days when the working class was still intact'.

I've been compared to Daniel Patrick Moynihan in the past, and I took that as a compliment because while Moynihan may have had some racist presuppositions and was certainly more of an advocate of 'tough love' in welfare policy than I think is appropriate he also did actually have a vision of an America in which working families of all races could form and stay together and live free from want. He identified the problem as that too many children were being raised without fathers—a debatable diagnosis, and obviously one that’s ~problematic~ by a lot of people’s lights, but one that’s a far cry from saying that it somehow constitutes ‘eugenics’ to not let ‘the wrong kind’ of children (or children born to ‘the wrong kind’ of mothers—WHORES WHORES WHORES WHORES WH, amirite?) have intolerably horrible lives and die miserable screaming deaths.

You cannot kill the poor mothers of America or their children. You can starve them and let them die of preventable diseases and kick them out onto the mean streets to your heart’s content, but there will always be more of them as long as people live free from outright murder, relatively free from forced sterilization, and spiritually free from the cancerous idea that children at worst crushing burdens and at best optional accessories to be looked into (and if necessary made to order, possibly even using one of these disgusting tarts as a surrogate—it’s not like she’s using her womb for anything that would reasonably be more important to her than the precious Chester Peyton Fairweather IV you selected from his dozens of siblings) once you’re sick of your Bichon Frise. You can bitch and moan about having to support these undeserving ‘takers’ or ‘forty-seven-per-centers’ all the livelong day, but it’s useful to reflect, especially this time of year, that the primal image of the mother and child will still be here when all the best-laid plans of the upper and upper-middle classes are one with Nineveh and Tyre. We should by now have all learned the bitter lesson, that none of us in the end are ‘makers’.

P.S. It’s impossible to know the ultimate destiny of all but a select few people, and I’m certainly not one to despair of the mercy of God on even the most inveterate sinner, but it’s a distinct possibility that your namesake is currently burning in hell for his sins against the American reading public. I hope he is not. But if he is, there would be worse places to put him than the second ditch of the Malebolge, reserved for flatterers. Henry Louis Mencken spent his life flattering and fawning and toadying to a pseudo-intellectual pukwudgie aristocracy half of his own invention, insinuating his readers into his little cabal where they could titter about how superior they were to the ‘boobs’ and anybody so uppity as to try to better herself through something like the Chautauqua Movement. To snowclone a devastating but somewhat unfair observation that Christopher Hitchens, the farce to Mencken’s tragedy, made about Mother Teresa, not only did Mencken think it was beneath him to comfort the afflicted, he didn’t even bother to afflict the comfortable. For your sake, I hope you mend your ways and do not follow after him.
Okay, maybe Mike Johnson is a competent parliamentarian.
Nathan
Moderators
Atlas Superstar

« Reply #367 on: December 10, 2016, 02:56:25 AM »

Well, you would say that, wouldn't you?
FEMA Camp Administrator
Cathcon
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #368 on: December 10, 2016, 02:48:16 PM »

Someone really hates Kentucky, don't they?
MASHED POTATOES. VOTE!
Kalwejt
Atlas Institution

« Reply #369 on: December 10, 2016, 02:49:11 PM »

Someone really hates Kentucky, don't they?

Chicken sure does, but that one's self-explanatory.
Since I'm the mad scientist proclaimed by myself
omegascarlet
Junior Chimp

« Reply #370 on: December 10, 2016, 03:30:06 PM »

Natural selection is eugenics. We just need to stop leftist attempts to redefine strong as weak and beautiful as ugly.

Quite ironic given the implicit leftist endorsement of positive eugenics (at least for such valued traits as promiscuity and indolence)

Not leaving people to starve in the streets for being worthless lazy sluts or the children thereof='positive eugenics,' apparently. Slink off back to /pol/ where you belong, fash.

I would think that taxing those that are better able to plan for the future to fund those that cannot (and providing more money for each additional kid) is the very essence of "encouraging reproduction by persons presumed to have inheritable desirable traits"

Sprouts Farmers Market ✘
Sprouts
Atlas Icon
Italy

Political Matrix
E: -4.90, S: 1.74

« Reply #371 on: December 11, 2016, 11:40:08 AM »

If we don't like what Trump and his crony's do, then we can take to the streets. We have power collectively. We don't have to take abuse sitting down. We can always revolt. Even grannies and grandpas have their breaking point, especially when you try to mess with Social Security and Medicare.

Most of them voted for Trump. As far as I'm concerned, they can die quickly if it means they won't be voting in 2020.
SUSAN CRUSHBONE
evergreen
Junior Chimp
Antarctica

WWW Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #372 on: December 12, 2016, 10:38:31 AM »

https://uselectionatlas.org/FORUM/index.php?action=profile;u=14398
Sprouts Farmers Market ✘
Sprouts
Atlas Icon
Italy

Political Matrix
E: -4.90, S: 1.74

« Reply #373 on: December 12, 2016, 10:39:57 AM »

Every bit of logic both political and sports-related in both of these posts is completely incorrect or deeply flawed. 

Um, Trump won because this Republican field was SO deep that they split the vote, not the other way around.  This is just like when people say that the SEC isn't great because we have teams with more losses than some from other conferences; but, we really have so many great teams that we beat up on each other (and therefore wind up with more losses).

Total myth, the SEC is overrated and the 2014 bowl season proves it
Santander
Atlas Star
United Kingdom

Political Matrix

« Reply #374 on: December 12, 2016, 10:41:22 AM »

Every bit of logic both political and sports-related in both of these posts is completely incorrect or deeply flawed. 

Um, Trump won because this Republican field was SO deep that they split the vote, not the other way around.  This is just like when people say that the SEC isn't great because we have teams with more losses than some from other conferences; but, we really have so many great teams that we beat up on each other (and therefore wind up with more losses).

Total myth, the SEC is overrated and the 2014 bowl season proves it
Jesus...
Pages: 1 ... 10 11 12 13 14 [15] 16 17 18 19 20 ... 77  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies