The Klartext Landfill for Absurd, Ignorant, and Deplorable Posts VI
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 24, 2024, 09:24:40 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Forum Community
  Forum Community (Moderators: The Dowager Mod, YE, KoopaDaQuick 🇵🇸)
  The Klartext Landfill for Absurd, Ignorant, and Deplorable Posts VI
« previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 17 18 19 20 21 [22] 23 24 25 26 27 ... 77
Author Topic: The Klartext Landfill for Absurd, Ignorant, and Deplorable Posts VI  (Read 149974 times)
Horus
Sheliak5
Atlas Icon
United States

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #525 on: January 03, 2017, 03:11:14 PM »

I question those who link the actions of the israeli government and people of Jewish descent together in a way that a criticism of one is equal to an attack on the other.
This is like saying "I support segregation but I really really like black people"
I spent the winter writing songs about getting better
BRTD
Atlas Prophet
Ukraine

Political Matrix
E: -6.50, S: -6.67

P P
« Reply #526 on: January 03, 2017, 03:12:09 PM »

It's of course utterly depressing that Duck Dynasty has the strongest correlation with T***p vote, but the fact that the show that correlates most strongly with Clinton vote is Family Guy is honestly even more sickening to me. I have the feeling that this explains a lot of what's wrong with American political culture.
Antonio the Sixth
Antonio V
Atlas Institution
United States

Political Matrix
E: -7.87, S: -3.83

P P
« Reply #527 on: January 03, 2017, 03:14:37 PM »

LOL, of course you'd post that here.
Chancellor Tanterterg
Mr. X
Moderators
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #528 on: January 03, 2017, 11:21:29 PM »

I mean, I'd vote for Lynch, but this is a pretty awful post:

Well, apart from the forever-single feminists with ten cats in their urban studio apartment demographic, who else would support that SJW nutjob?

Figueira
Atlas Icon

« Reply #529 on: January 04, 2017, 12:48:44 AM »

Sometimes I start to warm up to DavidB., and then he says things like this:

I question those who link the actions of the israeli government and people of Jewish descent together in a way that a criticism of one is equal to an attack on the other.
This is like saying "I support segregation but I really really like black people"
To a non-Jew, this comparison is hard to comprehend.
To a Jew, this comparison is still ridiculous.
A Jew who's not merely an asaJew will understand, though.
Santander
Atlas Star
United Kingdom

Political Matrix
E: 4.00, S: 2.61

« Reply #530 on: January 04, 2017, 09:46:31 AM »

The effect on the Mexican Peso will be interesting.

Mexico will pay for the wall ten times over if this continues - simply through lost business and investment.

$1.6Bn plant in Mexico is a lot of jobs.

The FORD company clearly did this as a result of Trump and the only thing that was not surprising was the slimy executive saying it was the right decision for Michigan.

When Obama was President, did Michigan get a mention in the companies' future plans?

You do know Obama is still president, right?
JerryArkansas
jerryarkansas
YaBB God
United States

« Reply #531 on: January 04, 2017, 11:43:54 AM »

Mexico will pay for the wall ten times over if this continues - simply through lost business and investment.

The FORD company clearly did this as a result of Trump and the only thing that was not surprising was the slimy executive saying it was the right decision for Michigan.

When Obama was President, did Michigan get a mention in the companies' future plans?

Again just because you disagree with a post doesn't mean it is bad.  You really need to get over yourself.
Santander
Atlas Star
United Kingdom

Political Matrix

« Reply #532 on: January 04, 2017, 11:54:38 AM »

Again just because you disagree with a post doesn't mean it is bad.  You really need to get over yourself.
A company made a decision on a long-term investment that hasn't even broken ground yet - Obama is only president for 16 days.
Santander
Atlas Star
United Kingdom

Political Matrix

« Reply #533 on: January 04, 2017, 04:42:43 PM »

Economic: 34
Cultural: 33

Authoritarian Capitalist

I do prefer the more scientific term True Conservative™ though.

my score proves im more of a free market conservative so you should stop laughing when I call my self a free market conservative.
Since I'm the mad scientist proclaimed by myself
omegascarlet
Junior Chimp

« Reply #534 on: January 04, 2017, 05:55:58 PM »

This technocratic obsession with "competence" and "qualification" as the being most crucial criterion in choosing political leadership, as if politics is nothing but a managerial job - as opposed to, you know, a question of choosing between values, ideas and models of society. This is one of the most insidious ideological tools for the promotion of neoliberalism.
DavidB.
Atlas Icon
Israel

Political Matrix
E: 0.58, S: 4.26

« Reply #535 on: January 04, 2017, 07:22:21 PM »

This technocratic obsession with "competence" and "qualification" as the being most crucial criterion in choosing political leadership, as if politics is nothing but a managerial job - as opposed to, you know, a question of choosing between values, ideas and models of society. This is one of the most insidious ideological tools for the promotion of neoliberalism.
Not a bad post.
SATW
SunriseAroundTheWorld
Junior Chimp
United States
« Reply #536 on: January 04, 2017, 08:10:56 PM »

John Kerry is the reason the US lost in Vietnam? You learn something new every day!
I love when teenagers claim we lost Vietnam because that generation "wasn't tough enough" lol. I'd love to see these chickenhawks get transported back for a day.

you and i both know that real neoconservatives and foreign policy experts, regardless of ideological leaning, don't think like FairBol.
Mr. Smith
MormDem
Atlas Superstar
United States

« Reply #537 on: January 04, 2017, 08:34:16 PM »

Not a bad post.

Indeed, this belongs in the GPG.
Sprouts Farmers Market ✘
Sprouts
Atlas Icon
Italy

Political Matrix
E: -4.90, S: 1.74

« Reply #538 on: January 04, 2017, 08:49:29 PM »

Nowhere in the article does it say he was a Trump supporter. Nice try though.
Why would it matter, at all, if he's a Trump supporter or not.  It's actually a little worse if he's NOT a Trump supporter.
Because it proves these kids are just some sociopaths with too much free time, not people with a real agenda.
MT Treasurer
IndyRep
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #539 on: January 05, 2017, 07:47:00 AM »

White Trash
Southern Gothic
YaBB God

« Reply #540 on: January 05, 2017, 08:20:32 AM »

Not a bad post.
Yeah, this really doesn't belong here.
I spent the winter writing songs about getting better
BRTD
Atlas Prophet
Ukraine

Political Matrix
E: -6.50, S: -6.67

P P
« Reply #541 on: January 05, 2017, 09:35:10 AM »

Someone doesn't know their election history:

As much as some on the left would like to think so the fact is repealing and NOT replacing Obamacare will have virtually no effect on the GOP. Think about what the GOP have gotten away with for the last 3 decades:

1) Massive deficits under Reagan
2) Iran-Contra
3) S&L scandal
4) Impeaching Clinton over nothing
5) The 2000 election
6) The failed Iraq War and the consequences of it that are still wreaking havoc today (refugee crisis)
7) K street and Abramoff Scandals
Cool More massive deficits under Bush
9) Hell the entire Bush presidency itself
10) Complete implosion of the economy in 2008
11) Obama obstruction in Congress
12) Obstructing SCOTUS replacement
13) Their entire conduct in the 2016 election

Despite all those things, the GOP keeps on winning so lets face it...the GOP knows their locked in no matter what they do.

I've given up on this idea that sooner or later their really "gonna goof this time"
Santander
Atlas Star
United Kingdom

Political Matrix

« Reply #542 on: January 05, 2017, 10:28:01 AM »

Sometimes what's right isn't what's popular. Hence her hesitancy to embrace Bernie Sanders' dishonest "free everything" platform (though he certainly pulled her to the edge).

Yeah, letting people die because they can't afford healthcare is definitely the right thing to do. How principled. Roll Eyes
Sometimes what's right isn't what's popular. Hence her hesitancy to embrace Bernie Sanders' dishonest "free everything" platform (though he certainly pulled her to the edge).

Healthcare and college are not "everything."

Quite rich coming from you, considering you get free healthcare and very cheap college tuition in your country.
Look at both of these gems...
Since I'm the mad scientist proclaimed by myself
omegascarlet
Junior Chimp

« Reply #543 on: January 05, 2017, 09:45:00 PM »

There are about a thousand ways to make Mexico pay for the wall, from taxing money transfer from the U.S to Mexico, to increasing tariffs, to keeping American factories in the US and so on.

Yes, Mexico will pay for the wall. It's the least they can do for deporting their poverty and drugs to us.

Why do you so badly want to punish the poor people in Mexico?  How are they supposed to pay for it?  Not very Christian.

Funny, it seems to me that the ones who are being punished are the American people who have to compete with 12-20 million illegal immigrants for jobs. And the countless kids/young adults who die from drugs coming from the border (as well as the complete destruction of entire neighborhoods due to drug/gang violence). Women being raped/killed from criminal illegal gang members that have been deported 5 times. Beheadings and gang violence happening along border towns.

It seems to me that the American economy, being forced to be a welfare state for another country, is being punished. But of course, mentioning these problems will get you branded as a racists from ignorant liberals who do not suffer the consequences of open border like us in border states do. They don't contend with Mexican gangs. They don't see families/neighborhoods ripped apart by drugs. They don't have to compete with foreign nationals who will work for a fraction of the wage (and then send that money to Mexico)

I do not give a damn about the problems of Mexico. It is not America's job to fix Mexico's problems, which frankly is steeped in their corrupt government (one of the most corrupt in the western hemisphere IMO).

Mexico is bordered with the most secure, prosperous nation in the world, and yet they are still a third-world hellhole - largely due to government corruption. And I'm tired of Americans being the ones to pay for the poverty and chaos that results from it.

🦀🎂🦀🎂
CrabCake
Atlas Icon
Kiribati

« Reply #544 on: January 05, 2017, 09:47:17 PM »

God, please enough with the dynasty politics. Enough Clintons. Enough Bushs. Enough Kennedys.

I still seethe every time I think about how the parties tried to set us up for another Bush/Clinton race.

Actually now that I think about it Ivanka would be a good fit for New York. She's fiscally moderate while being more liberal on social issues.
Virginiá
Virginia
Administratrix
Atlas Icon
Ukraine

Political Matrix
E: -6.97, S: -5.91

WWW Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #545 on: January 05, 2017, 09:51:34 PM »

God, please enough with the dynasty politics. Enough Clintons. Enough Bushs. Enough Kennedys.

I still seethe every time I think about how the parties tried to set us up for another Bush/Clinton race.

Actually now that I think about it Ivanka would be a good fit for New York. She's fiscally moderate while being more liberal on social issues.

"God, please enough with the dynasty politics (unless I like the person, then please elect the whole family!)"
Mr. Smith
MormDem
Atlas Superstar
United States

« Reply #546 on: January 05, 2017, 11:00:37 PM »

Irony thread seems better.
Chancellor Tanterterg
Mr. X
Moderators
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #547 on: January 06, 2017, 06:25:42 PM »

If Trump wants to do this, I say let him. It might be the sort of thing that could backfire enough for Republicans to support impeaching him.
And if Hillary had won and had purged the FBI leadership because she was unhappy with their actions during the election would that have merited impeachment? Or would that have been different?

Impeachment doesn't happen because of a specific wrongdoing. Nixon's involvement in the Watergate cover up was far from the worst thing that recent Presidents have done. Nixon was forced to resign because powerful interests in both parties wanted him replaced as President and found (or manufactured) the pretext for doing so.
Figueira
Atlas Icon

« Reply #548 on: January 07, 2017, 11:21:49 AM »

Moderate heroism at its finest.

Ok, where do I go to donate money to Lynch? If there's anything I dislike more than the alt-right, it's social justice warriors.

For me - they are mirror images of each other. So - i equally dislike BOTH...

People who care about racial issues are JUST AS BAD as neo-Nazis!!!!!1

No. People who are unable able to listen , always think they are (and - only they) - right, and impose their point of view on other by ANY means (including slander) are as bad as neo-Nazis. I am color-blind, so i am absolutely for ALL possible rights for minorities, and as absolutely - against ANY privileges for them
The world will shine with light in our nightmare
Just Passion Through
Atlas Legend
Norway

Political Matrix
E: -6.32, S: -7.48

P P P

« Reply #549 on: January 07, 2017, 01:31:14 PM »

The problem with SJWs is the way they take up causes which are in themselves noble and worth pursuing, but wind up making themselves the focus of their causes rather than the issues themselves so that they can feel morally superior to people they deem "bigoted," including those who support the changes they claim to be rallying for but criticize the questionable tactics and demeanor of certain individuals.  And if you dare pointing that out, they either try to censor you or they associate you with the people who tried to silence civil rights activists in the 1950s.  Which is a tad ironic, if you think about it.  But, if there's one thing SJWs are good at, it's eating their own, and that's why they will never be taken seriously.

I wouldn't compare them to the alt-right, per se, but I do see many parallels between them and the folks who were part of the "Moral Majority" that dominated the culture wars in the 80s and 90s.  Back then, the fiends responsible for society's disintegration were Marilyn Manson and Ice T.  Now it's a bunch of comedians and video game programmers and people who write for TV shows.  And the quality of our entertainment media has suffered for it, if you want one person's opinion.
Pages: 1 ... 17 18 19 20 21 [22] 23 24 25 26 27 ... 77  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies