The Klartext Landfill for Absurd, Ignorant, and Deplorable Posts VI
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 26, 2024, 06:59:42 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Forum Community
  Forum Community (Moderators: The Dowager Mod, YE, KoopaDaQuick 🇵🇸)
  The Klartext Landfill for Absurd, Ignorant, and Deplorable Posts VI
« previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 19 20 21 22 23 [24] 25 26 27 28 29 ... 77
Author Topic: The Klartext Landfill for Absurd, Ignorant, and Deplorable Posts VI  (Read 150053 times)
Since I'm the mad scientist proclaimed by myself
omegascarlet
Junior Chimp

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #575 on: January 11, 2017, 08:56:16 AM »

Why does consent matter in terms of morality? Is it acceptable to take drugs, because you consented to it. Is it acceptable to have a sword fight to the death if both parties consented to it? Consent matters jack shyte, in laws or morality.

Well, I would say that the lack of consent matters a very great deal to morality and laws...

Lack of Consent, yes, giving consent should not matter on a vast of majority of circumstances.
White Trash
Southern Gothic
YaBB God

« Reply #576 on: January 11, 2017, 09:21:14 AM »

What does "unaffiliated" actually mean? Like, if you go to church at times but you're not a member of it yet you do self-ID as a certain denomination, are you considered to be unaffiliated?

Anyway, great to see quite some Congresspeople don't want to come out regarding their irreligiosity. It should not be normalized or promoted.

F**king disgusting.
Isn't an important part of atheism a rejection of trying to evangelize and convert others?
Figueira
Atlas Icon

« Reply #577 on: January 11, 2017, 09:23:55 AM »

Moderate heroism at its finest.

Ok, where do I go to donate money to Lynch? If there's anything I dislike more than the alt-right, it's social justice warriors.

For me - they are mirror images of each other. So - i equally dislike BOTH...

People who care about racial issues are JUST AS BAD as neo-Nazis!!!!!1

No. People who are unable able to listen , always think they are (and - only they) - right, and impose their point of view on other by ANY means (including slander) are as bad as neo-Nazis. I am color-blind, so i am absolutely for ALL possible rights for minorities, and as absolutely - against ANY privileges for them

Nothing wrong with opposing affirmative action, it is the morally correct position.

I happen to support affirmative action, but the reason I posted that there is because of the comparison of "SJWs" to neo-Nazis.
Figueira
Atlas Icon

« Reply #578 on: January 11, 2017, 09:25:56 AM »

What does "unaffiliated" actually mean? Like, if you go to church at times but you're not a member of it yet you do self-ID as a certain denomination, are you considered to be unaffiliated?

Anyway, great to see quite some Congresspeople don't want to come out regarding their irreligiosity. It should not be normalized or promoted.

F**king disgusting.
Isn't an important part of atheism a rejection of trying to evangelize and convert others?

No. The only important part of atheism is the belief that God does not exist. Everything else is superfluous.
Santander
Atlas Star
United Kingdom

Political Matrix
E: 4.00, S: 2.61

« Reply #579 on: January 11, 2017, 09:26:37 AM »

Why does consent matter in terms of morality? Is it acceptable to take drugs, because you consented to it. Is it acceptable to have a sword fight to the death if both parties consented to it? Consent matters jack shyte, in laws or morality.

Well, I would say that the lack of consent matters a very great deal to morality and laws...

Lack of Consent, yes, giving consent should not matter on a vast of majority of circumstances.
This is a fact. Consenting to something does not make it moral.
Figueira
Atlas Icon

« Reply #580 on: January 11, 2017, 09:27:47 AM »

I don't see why that's a bad post in that context. It can certainly be disagreed with from a left- or right-libertarian perspective, but it's not a bad post.
Since I'm the mad scientist proclaimed by myself
omegascarlet
Junior Chimp

« Reply #581 on: January 11, 2017, 09:37:42 AM »

F**king disgusting.

This person is claiming atheism is bad and atheists being seen as normal people is bad.
Antonio the Sixth
Antonio V
Atlas Institution
United States

Political Matrix
E: -7.87, S: -3.83

P P
« Reply #582 on: January 11, 2017, 10:22:34 AM »

Can we please stop using this thread for posts we happen to disagree with?
Intell
Junior Chimp
Nepal

Political Matrix
E: -6.71, S: -1.24

« Reply #583 on: January 11, 2017, 10:30:09 AM »

Roll Eyes

Consent, or giving it, should not matter in terms of laws, just because you consent to it, should not make it legally right. Consent does not matter. Lack of consent makes such a already immoral, or even moral action be bad or even worse. Consent should definitely not define morality, just because you consented to it, does not make it morally acceptable.
FEMA Camp Administrator
Cathcon
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #584 on: January 11, 2017, 11:39:40 AM »

F**king disgusting.

This person is claiming atheism is bad and atheists being seen as normal people is bad.

Sociologically, he has a point...
Devout Centrist
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix
E: -99.99, S: -99.99

P P
« Reply #585 on: January 11, 2017, 12:53:32 PM »

F**king disgusting.
Yes. However, stating your beliefs isn't a call to agree with them or evangelization. I have no problem with someone telling me they're a Jehovah's Witness. I do have a problem when they come to my home Sunday afternoon and ask me to stop donating blood.
Goldwater
Republitarian
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix
E: 1.55, S: -4.52

« Reply #586 on: January 11, 2017, 02:46:14 PM »

One issue of course is getting to where my girlfriend lives, since that would require traveling through a Trump state and many Trump counties. So my plan is to only get gas and food in Hillary counties. That basically means stopping in Eau Claire, and then filling up in Dane County along the way. Rockford would be OK too, since in the end Winnebago County narrowly voted for Hillary. But I'm not going to get out and set foot in any of the Trump counties that exist between Hennepin County and Lake County, IL. Ideally I could just boycott Wisconsin altogether but alas that wretched place has to be stuck between us.

This has however convinced me that everyone's hatred of the Green Bay Packers is 100% justified.
MT Treasurer
IndyRep
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #587 on: January 11, 2017, 04:35:34 PM »

Can we please stop using this thread for posts we happen to disagree with?

I agree, especially since people like Scarlet are really hijacking this thread. But then again, what would one expect from a thread like this? This was always going to end badly.
BuckeyeNut

Political Matrix
E: -8.65, S: -7.30

« Reply #588 on: January 11, 2017, 04:53:48 PM »

One issue of course is getting to where my girlfriend lives, since that would require traveling through a Trump state and many Trump counties. So my plan is to only get gas and food in Hillary counties. That basically means stopping in Eau Claire, and then filling up in Dane County along the way. Rockford would be OK too, since in the end Winnebago County narrowly voted for Hillary. But I'm not going to get out and set foot in any of the Trump counties that exist between Hennepin County and Lake County, IL. Ideally I could just boycott Wisconsin altogether but alas that wretched place has to be stuck between us.

This has however convinced me that everyone's hatred of the Green Bay Packers is 100% justified.
This is God tier.
MASHED POTATOES. VOTE!
Kalwejt
Atlas Institution

« Reply #589 on: January 11, 2017, 05:15:20 PM »
« Edited: January 11, 2017, 05:18:27 PM by Kalwejt »

This is God tier.

This post makes me wish Trump won Minnesota. It was only about 1.5% difference.
Santander
Atlas Star
United Kingdom

Political Matrix

« Reply #590 on: January 11, 2017, 05:44:34 PM »

Democrats are supposed to pretend to not be total pawns of Wall Street. So Bain Capital directors are bad running mates.
NOVA Green
Oregon Progressive
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #591 on: January 11, 2017, 07:27:00 PM »

This is God tier.

I think this definitely qualifies as God tier for the "funny post" thread, although arguably it might fit the definition of absurd for a place on this thread, although the way the post was written it definitely seems a bit tongue in cheek....
Okay, maybe Mike Johnson is a competent parliamentarian.
Nathan
Moderators
Atlas Superstar

« Reply #592 on: January 11, 2017, 10:04:20 PM »

Democrats are supposed to pretend to not be total pawns of Wall Street. So Bain Capital directors are bad running mates.

Didn't you used to be a populist?
Santander
Atlas Star
United Kingdom

Political Matrix

« Reply #593 on: January 11, 2017, 10:20:56 PM »

That does not mean I cannot be pro-finance and it does not make what jfern said any less ridiculous.
Antonio the Sixth
Antonio V
Atlas Institution
United States

Political Matrix
E: -7.87, S: -3.83

P P
« Reply #594 on: January 12, 2017, 11:46:19 AM »

That does not mean I cannot be pro-finance

Yes it does.
RINO Tom
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix
E: 2.45, S: -0.52

« Reply #595 on: January 12, 2017, 11:53:27 AM »

I wouldn't describe Santender as populist ... he seems just to not like politicians who seem to tell him what to do on the cultural front.
Chancellor Tanterterg
Mr. X
Moderators
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #596 on: January 14, 2017, 02:39:29 PM »

Context (bolded the part that makes this a terrible post):

Nothing will happen, His supporters are too deluded.

The men will only look up to him more for his tremendous womanizing skills. Plus, he's so rich that he can soak Obama hotel beds in urine and pay off the help the next day!
Virginiá
Virginia
Administratrix
Atlas Icon
Ukraine

Political Matrix
E: -6.97, S: -5.91

WWW Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #597 on: January 14, 2017, 02:43:37 PM »
« Edited: January 14, 2017, 02:47:36 PM by Virginia »

Context (bolded the part that makes this a terrible post):

Nothing will happen, His supporters are too deluded.

The men will only look up to him more for his tremendous womanizing skills. Plus, he's so rich that he can soak Obama hotel beds in urine and pay off the help the next day!

It was a joke in reference to him having a posse of women in his hotel room doing his bidding. In retrospect, its not as amusing to me with his other criminal antics considered. I'll modify to make that clear.
I spent the winter writing songs about getting better
BRTD
Atlas Prophet
Ukraine

Political Matrix
E: -6.50, S: -6.67

P P
« Reply #598 on: January 14, 2017, 10:22:29 PM »

Mitt Romney was wrong then and is wrong now. Putin is among the most moral current leaders of any present Great Power.
Dr. Arch
Arch
Atlas Icon
Puerto Rico

« Reply #599 on: January 14, 2017, 10:28:10 PM »

Mitt Romney was wrong then and is wrong now. Putin is among the most moral current leaders of any present Great Power.

Is this real?
Pages: 1 ... 19 20 21 22 23 [24] 25 26 27 28 29 ... 77  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies