The Klartext Landfill for Absurd, Ignorant, and Deplorable Posts VI
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 25, 2024, 11:31:44 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Forum Community
  Forum Community (Moderators: The Dowager Mod, YE, KoopaDaQuick 🇵🇸)
  The Klartext Landfill for Absurd, Ignorant, and Deplorable Posts VI
« previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 21 22 23 24 25 [26] 27 28 29 30 31 ... 77
Author Topic: The Klartext Landfill for Absurd, Ignorant, and Deplorable Posts VI  (Read 150002 times)
Cassius
YaBB God

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #625 on: January 19, 2017, 05:00:54 PM »

That is a genuinely absurd post in light of the fact that Communist parties have a hilariously poor track record at crushing fascist and fascist-aligned movements (Germany, Spain, Italy, Hungary etc).
Figueira
Atlas Icon

« Reply #626 on: January 19, 2017, 05:17:58 PM »

That is a genuinely absurd post in light of the fact that Communist parties have a hilariously poor track record at crushing fascist and fascist-aligned movements (Germany, Spain, Italy, Hungary etc).

In that sense, sure.
Xing
xingkerui
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix
E: -6.52, S: -3.91

P P P
« Reply #627 on: January 19, 2017, 05:18:25 PM »

Putin is not wrong.

I would go one step further.

People who spread allegations about Trump are worse than Nazis.

Santander
Atlas Star
United Kingdom

Political Matrix
E: 4.00, S: 2.61

« Reply #628 on: January 19, 2017, 05:21:45 PM »

In that sense, sure.
What other "sense" is there?
Figueira
Atlas Icon

« Reply #629 on: January 19, 2017, 05:36:30 PM »

In that sense, sure.
What other "sense" is there?

The Soviet Union (along with the US, UK, etc.) crushing the Nazis?

However, looking at the context of the quoted post, it was referring to the other sense, so meh. You win this one I guess.
Intell
Junior Chimp
Nepal

Political Matrix
E: -6.71, S: -1.24

« Reply #630 on: January 20, 2017, 07:47:00 PM »

The people who need to get an education are those Trump supporters who sit around waiting to get paid $50 an hour to glue parts to something and blame minorities for those jobs going away. Let's be real about who is sitting around blaming other people for their own failings.

I guess, democrats are going to be the party of thatcher now!
Antonio the Sixth
Antonio V
Atlas Institution
United States

Political Matrix
E: -7.87, S: -3.83

P P
« Reply #631 on: January 20, 2017, 07:55:59 PM »

The people who need to get an education are those Trump supporters who sit around waiting to get paid $50 an hour to glue parts to something and blame minorities for those jobs going away. Let's be real about who is sitting around blaming other people for their own failings.

God how low have we fallen.
Santander
Atlas Star
United Kingdom

Political Matrix

« Reply #632 on: January 20, 2017, 07:59:38 PM »

JFC...
FEMA Camp Administrator
Cathcon
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #633 on: January 20, 2017, 08:23:59 PM »

In general, liberal democracy and communism share the sorry feature of creating circumstances that allow for the rise of fascism, but in different ways. Liberal democracy serves as the staging ground--both electorally and socially--while communism provides both a convenient foil, and a convenient point of mobilization. Looks like the Doom of Man is everyone's fault; surprise, surprise.
Xing
xingkerui
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix

P P P
« Reply #634 on: January 20, 2017, 10:50:32 PM »

I'm confident that this sort of attitude isn't going to fly with most Democrats in 2018 and 2020.
I spent the winter writing songs about getting better
BRTD
Atlas Prophet
Ukraine

Political Matrix
E: -6.50, S: -6.67

P P
« Reply #635 on: January 21, 2017, 12:11:44 PM »

Are you being serious? Because centuries of Christian dominance in Europe would tell you otherwise.

Roman persecution, other European pagans, Islamic invasions, religious violence in the Reformation, the rise of Communism.  Had Hitler been successful he had plans to eventually eliminate Christianity as well.

And then, of course, there is the rest of the world.

No pagans have killed as many Christians for religious reasons as Christians did. As I said, killing Christians seems to be the main Christian doctrine: at least, it is the one thing they all happily do.
Oswald Acted Alone, You Kook
The Obamanation
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #636 on: January 21, 2017, 02:06:35 PM »

Further back (probably the worst since FDR, maybe even since Buchanan)
MASHED POTATOES. VOTE!
Kalwejt
Atlas Institution

« Reply #637 on: January 21, 2017, 05:46:06 PM »

Shaheen, Hassan, Kuster and Shea-Porter

"Republicans are rural uneducated voters!" - said the Democrat from New Hampshire.

If she wins the Democratic nomination, NH is off the table.

NH is fool's gold for Republicans. Shaheen is beyond safe.

If NH really was such a competitive bellwether state

Thank you for your imput.
The world will shine with light in our nightmare
Just Passion Through
Atlas Legend
Norway

Political Matrix
E: -6.32, S: -7.48

P P P

« Reply #638 on: January 21, 2017, 06:05:37 PM »

bronz is becoming a self-parody now.

Real men don't talk about "toxic masculinity". We know clearly who the alpha males and the beta males are.

Also, I love kindness. But you can't be kind to everyone. You can't be kind to rapists, terrorists, criminals, thugs. Extreme tolerance gave us 9/11.
100% pro-life no matter what
ExtremeRepublican
Moderators
Atlas Icon

Political Matrix
E: 7.35, S: 5.57

« Reply #639 on: January 21, 2017, 10:42:49 PM »

makes sense, ER is still pissed off that FDR beat his Fuhrer.
Xing
xingkerui
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix

P P P
« Reply #640 on: January 21, 2017, 11:31:27 PM »

bronz is becoming a self-parody now.

Real men don't talk about "toxic masculinity". We know clearly who the alpha males and the beta males are.

Also, I love kindness. But you can't be kind to everyone. You can't be kind to rapists, terrorists, criminals, thugs. Extreme tolerance gave us 9/11.

Bronz has really been on a roll today. There are plenty of gems in that thread.
BuckeyeNut

Political Matrix
E: -8.65, S: -7.30

« Reply #641 on: January 23, 2017, 03:30:28 AM »

ヽ༼ຈل͜ຈ༽ノ LETS GET DONGERATED ヽ༼ຈل͜ຈ༽ノ  No blacks please
Santander
Atlas Star
United Kingdom

Political Matrix

« Reply #642 on: January 23, 2017, 01:45:28 PM »

I think it's really simple: Trump supporters are amazingly stupid.  Not an "I don't agree with them" stupid. And not  just "not that smart" or "missing some education stupid". They have a sort of aggressive, willful stupid that is only possible with real effort. And  I think the cause is fear and cognitive dissonance.

Things are bad for a lot of people in the US. And they're also deeply challenging and uncomfortable to a lot of people, often the same people. And they're not going to get better, or go back to being the way they were without change that doesn't seem really possible right now. Including from Trump. But they've already bit on the Trump bait. Admitting that he's the pinnacle of Dunning-Kruger would be both admitting how screwed they are, both ideologically and economically, AND it would be a huge blow to their self esteem because they'd need to acknowledge just how stupid they've been. And they'd rather die or kill than do that.

heatcharger
Junior Chimp
Sweden

Political Matrix
E: -1.04, S: -0.24

« Reply #643 on: January 24, 2017, 12:37:38 PM »

I know the posters here who are advocating for the murder of Trump supporters or Republicans in general are mostly just #edgy spoiled kids, but make no mistake: There's enough trash out there that wouldn't hesitate to pull the trigger. These people are fine with torture and murder, as long as it's the "right guys" who get treated like this.
DavidB.
Atlas Icon
Israel

Political Matrix
E: 0.58, S: 4.26

« Reply #644 on: January 24, 2017, 01:16:44 PM »

I know the posters here who are advocating for the murder of Trump supporters or Republicans in general are mostly just #edgy spoiled kids, but make no mistake: There's enough trash out there that wouldn't hesitate to pull the trigger. These people are fine with torture and murder, as long as it's the "right guys" who get treated like this.
How is this an absurd post? It is objectively true.
MASHED POTATOES. VOTE!
Kalwejt
Atlas Institution

« Reply #645 on: January 24, 2017, 01:18:39 PM »

There are at least one or two Trump opponents who would seriously entertain the thought. It happens on every side.
RINO Tom
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix
E: 2.45, S: -0.52

« Reply #646 on: January 24, 2017, 01:46:21 PM »

Note that this was said by a Democrat from rural New Hampshire, lol:

Texas most definitely does not fit the Republican Party.

It has a huge educated population, is quite urban, very diverse, and benefits greatly from globalization.

There are way too many factors in the modern day that makes Texas an outlier in today's Republican Party.   10-15 years ago it probably would've been perfect though.

I'd probably say either West Virginia or Arkansas perfectly fits the modern day Republican Party.

Obviously one of Non Swing Voter's monikers. Smiley
heatcharger
Junior Chimp
Sweden

Political Matrix
E: -1.04, S: -0.24

« Reply #647 on: January 24, 2017, 03:55:07 PM »

I found the assertion that there's a sizable number of people who oppose Trump that would be willing to kill his supporters, and that they are fine with torture and murder, to be rather tasteless.
MASHED POTATOES. VOTE!
Kalwejt
Atlas Institution

« Reply #648 on: January 24, 2017, 04:10:45 PM »

I found the assertion that there's a sizable number of people who oppose Trump that would be willing to kill his supporters, and that they are fine with torture and murder, to be rather tasteless.

In this regard I agree.
(Still) muted by Kalwejt until March 31
Eharding

« Reply #649 on: January 24, 2017, 05:08:45 PM »

-It might be tasteless. It's also true.
Pages: 1 ... 21 22 23 24 25 [26] 27 28 29 30 31 ... 77  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies