The Klartext Landfill for Absurd, Ignorant, and Deplorable Posts VI
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 24, 2024, 08:43:06 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Forum Community
  Forum Community (Moderators: The Dowager Mod, YE, KoopaDaQuick 🇵🇸)
  The Klartext Landfill for Absurd, Ignorant, and Deplorable Posts VI
« previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 32 33 34 35 36 [37] 38 39 40 41 42 ... 77
Author Topic: The Klartext Landfill for Absurd, Ignorant, and Deplorable Posts VI  (Read 149973 times)
Lexii, harbinger of chaos and sexual anarchy
Alex
Junior Chimp
Argentina

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #900 on: February 22, 2017, 01:31:50 PM »

It's Xenophobe Morty, why would anyone expect any better from him?
Illiniwek
Junior Chimp
Vatican City State

« Reply #901 on: February 23, 2017, 12:25:00 AM »

Freedom governments (red) and horrible governments (blue):

WTH is this? IRAN, Iraq, and Syria are Freedom Governments? What in the world makes them Freedom Governments? This is from a self-proclaimed right-winger?

Lithuania and the Baltics are Horrible Governments??
FEMA Camp Administrator
Cathcon
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #902 on: February 23, 2017, 12:53:22 AM »

Freedom governments (red) and horrible governments (blue):

WTH is this? IRAN, Iraq, and Syria are Freedom Governments? What in the world makes them Freedom Governments? This is from a self-proclaimed right-winger?

Lithuania and the Baltics are Horrible Governments??

"Oh, well, the Baltics have discriminatory citizenship policies against people that are only there as a result of an ethnic colonization scheme by a country that should have never controlled them in the first place, so they're obviously on par with Saudi Arabia and worse than Iran!"
Antonio the Sixth
Antonio V
Atlas Institution
United States

Political Matrix
E: -7.87, S: -3.83

P P
« Reply #903 on: February 23, 2017, 01:31:36 AM »

Also wtf Somaliland? Huh
Xing
xingkerui
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix
E: -6.52, S: -3.91

P P P
« Reply #904 on: February 23, 2017, 01:51:38 AM »

Not to mention the Philippines...
parochial boy
parochial_boy
Junior Chimp

Political Matrix
E: -8.38, S: -6.78

« Reply #905 on: February 23, 2017, 03:42:45 AM »

I'm not very happy with Switzerland being lumped in as the same class as Russia, Iran and all tbh...

(he does know that the UDC aren't actually in control, right?)
(Still) muted by Kalwejt until March 31
Eharding

« Reply #906 on: February 23, 2017, 08:55:25 AM »

Iran, Iraq, and Syria are fighting ISIS, which gives them points in my book. Switzerland isn't part of the E.U. and has many referendums, which I like. The Baltics are there for the same reasons Cahcon points out, plus they keep unjustifiably fearmongering about Russia. Germany, Sweden, North Korea, and Cuba are all on there for the same reason: their governments keep shooting their people in the foot. The Philippines is there because of Duterte flipping off Obama.
Dr. Arch
Arch
Atlas Icon
Puerto Rico

« Reply #907 on: February 23, 2017, 09:22:41 AM »

Iran, Iraq, and Syria are fighting ISIS, which gives them points in my book. Switzerland isn't part of the E.U. and has many referendums, which I like. The Baltics are there for the same reasons Cahcon points out, plus they keep unjustifiably fearmongering about Russia. Germany, Sweden, North Korea, and Cuba are all on there for the same reason: their governments keep shooting their people in the foot. The Philippines is there because of Duterte flipping off Obama.

You really should think about moving to Russia. You are completely out of step with our country.
Alex
Junior Chimp
Argentina

« Reply #908 on: February 23, 2017, 09:27:27 AM »

The Philippines is there because of Duterte flipping off Obama.
I guess that's worse than state-sanctioned murder without any resemblance to due process....
IceAgeComing
United Kingdom

« Reply #909 on: February 23, 2017, 09:28:21 AM »

"Oh, well, the Baltics have discriminatory citizenship policies against people that are only there as a result of an ethnic colonization scheme by a country that should have never controlled them in the first place, so they're obviously on par with Saudi Arabia and worse than Iran!"

I mean Estonia and Latvia had some awful citizenship policies albeit for understandable reasons (basically they both only granted automatic citizenship to all who could prove residence in the country before the Soviet invasion of 1940: which meant that a big chunk of people the vast majority of whom were ethnic Russians who were suddenly stateless people; both states made them go through naturalisation and Latvia especially put up loads of barriers to citizenship until the EU told them to knock it off if they wanted to join).  Lithuania shouldn't be on the same list; they automatically granted Lithuanian residents to all legal residents in the Lithuanian SSR when they declared independence.

Those decisions were made many, many years ago and you're starting to see the barriers break down a bit: young Russian-Estonians and Russian-Latvians generally speak both Russian and the language of their country (and also English are well usually; especially if they're planning to work elsewhere in the EU: children of resident aliens are granted citizenship automatically) and while they identify as Russian still its becoming a distinct identity to Russians who live in Russia: more distinctly linked to the country that they've lived in: and linked to Europe more broadly as well.  A really interesting topic; really...  I think the stigma against Russians (in terms of those living in the country rather than the Russian state) is inwinding: the Centre party are in government in Estonia at the moment (sans Savisaar; thankfully) and in Riga you've had a Russian mayor for a fair few years who still seems to be really quite popular, although his party (Harmony) still haven't participated in government despite topping the poll in the last bunch of elections.  A positive thing, really...

Nothing to do with this thread really; I probably should post it in the other one instead!
MASHED POTATOES. VOTE!
Kalwejt
Atlas Institution

« Reply #910 on: February 23, 2017, 11:07:02 AM »

I'd also like Ehardon to provide us with explanation about regarding Equatorial Guinea having a "Freedom Government".
Alex
Junior Chimp
Argentina

« Reply #911 on: February 23, 2017, 01:54:58 PM »

I'd also like Ehardon to provide us with explanation about regarding Equatorial Guinea having a "Freedom Government".

Check the map, it's blue for horrible
MASHED POTATOES. VOTE!
Kalwejt
Atlas Institution

« Reply #912 on: February 23, 2017, 02:11:14 PM »

Check the map, it's blue for horrible

Eharding

« Reply #913 on: February 23, 2017, 04:11:47 PM »

You really should think about moving to Russia. You are completely out of step with our country.

-Check who won in last year's elections.
Okay, maybe Mike Johnson is a competent parliamentarian.
Nathan
Moderators
Atlas Superstar

« Reply #914 on: February 23, 2017, 06:14:17 PM »

Lumping Germany and Sweden in with North Korea and Cuba in your explanation is far worse than merely disapproving of the governments of all four.
Dr. Arch
Arch
Atlas Icon
Puerto Rico

« Reply #915 on: February 23, 2017, 06:23:00 PM »
« Edited: February 23, 2017, 06:24:43 PM by Arch »

-Check who won in last year's elections.

My post was none of the things to be posted here. You yourself said that you would have moved to Russia if Hillary had won. Regardless of Trump's squeaked victory, most of your positions are not mainstream or even moderately accepted.
NOVA Green
Oregon Progressive
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #916 on: February 24, 2017, 04:16:47 AM »

Yeah--- that's definitely yet another weird one.

Assuming it has something to do with the fact that it was the former Italian colony under the Fascists and that US troops didn't roll in unlike Southern Somalia?

IDK: Logic of the FF/HP Country map is bizarre anyway you look at it from the poster in question....

All of us could post a global map of FF/HP countries in 2016, although it might be more interesting to roll it in 10 year increments starting in 1950 through present day to look at the changing perspectives of Americans from a variety of political affiliations over the years and geo-political changes....

MASHED POTATOES. VOTE!
Kalwejt
Atlas Institution

« Reply #917 on: February 24, 2017, 07:33:15 AM »

What the f**k could you possibly know.

Seriously, are you aware of what happened in Eastern Europe?

Personally, I disagree with these laws, but "unjustifiably fearmongering" is a testimony to your ignorance.
Santander
Atlas Star
United Kingdom

Political Matrix
E: 4.00, S: 2.61

« Reply #918 on: February 24, 2017, 09:57:11 AM »

In us terms it's probably mild to extremely liberal. In world wide terms it's center right.
You do realize most of the world's population lives in countries where SSM is illegal, right?

You realize Hillary Clinton would be a far right candidate in many countries.
Eharding

« Reply #919 on: February 24, 2017, 02:02:38 PM »
« Edited: February 24, 2017, 02:06:51 PM by Eharding »

What the f**k could you possibly know.

Seriously, are you aware of what happened in Eastern Europe?

Personally, I disagree with these laws, but "unjustifiably fearmongering" is a testimony to your ignorance.

-Kalwejt, I know what's going on very well. Russia has zero concern over the Baltics. Their population is shrinking (unlike RU's), they're tiny, their soil is barren, their population is hostile to Russian rule, their language is foreign, and they're protected by NATO. Russia would have more interest in taking Alaska or Finland than the Baltics.

Somaliland is there because it has avoided many of the errors of other African countries, especially on the Somali peninsula. It has a reasonable electric grid, it isn't in a state of civil war, and its structure of government has avoided the descent into dictatorship so common among African states.
MASHED POTATOES. VOTE!
Kalwejt
Atlas Institution

« Reply #920 on: February 24, 2017, 03:18:00 PM »

-Kalwejt, I know what's going on very well. Russia has zero concern over the Baltics. Their population is shrinking (unlike RU's), they're tiny, their soil is barren, their population is hostile to Russian rule, their language is foreign, and they're protected by NATO. Russia would have more interest in taking Alaska or Finland than the Baltics.

Russia is viewing former Soviet Republics as their natural sphere of influence or, at the very least, not a western one. No, I don't think Russia would literally "take" anything, but geopolitical realies are more complex than "just taking the land". 
Eharding

« Reply #921 on: February 24, 2017, 03:24:00 PM »

Russia is viewing former Soviet Republics as their natural sphere of influence or, at the very least, not a western one. No, I don't think Russia would literally "take" anything, but geopolitical realies are more complex than "just taking the land". 

-NATO members are almost by definition within the US sphere of influence.
MASHED POTATOES. VOTE!
Kalwejt
Atlas Institution

« Reply #922 on: February 24, 2017, 03:52:36 PM »

-NATO members are almost by definition within the US sphere of influence.

Well, and Russians doesn't like it.
Atlas Has Shrugged
ChairmanSanchez
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix
E: 5.29, S: -5.04

« Reply #923 on: February 24, 2017, 04:30:06 PM »

Eharding is aware that the President of the Philippines is basically Idi Amin minus the low IQ right?
🦀🎂🦀🎂
CrabCake
Atlas Icon
Kiribati

« Reply #924 on: February 24, 2017, 05:01:58 PM »

Eharding is aware that the President of the Philippines is basically Idi Amin minus the low IQ right?

I dunno, Duterte isn't the brightest individual himself.
Pages: 1 ... 32 33 34 35 36 [37] 38 39 40 41 42 ... 77  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies