The Klartext Landfill for Absurd, Ignorant, and Deplorable Posts VI
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
March 28, 2024, 04:28:02 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Forum Community
  Forum Community (Moderators: The Dowager Mod, YE, KoopaDaQuick 🇵🇸)
  The Klartext Landfill for Absurd, Ignorant, and Deplorable Posts VI
« previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 39 40 41 42 43 [44] 45 46 47 48 49 ... 77
Author Topic: The Klartext Landfill for Absurd, Ignorant, and Deplorable Posts VI  (Read 149313 times)
OSR stands with Israel
Computer89
Atlas Legend

Political Matrix
E: 3.42, S: 2.61

P P P

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #1075 on: March 24, 2017, 12:40:16 PM »

Nov 4 1980-Nov 4 1986- The rise of conservatism and an era where we finally reversed decades old economic policy of taxing  and regulating . This was also a rare republican president who emphasized  economic converstism over social conservativism and even Foriegn policy conservativism . This era ended when democrats took back the senate in 1986 .

what's so deplorable in that.
15 Down, 35 To Go
ExtremeRepublican
Moderators
Atlas Icon

Political Matrix
E: 7.35, S: 5.57

« Reply #1076 on: March 24, 2017, 01:34:38 PM »

Nov 4 1980-Nov 4 1986- The rise of conservatism and an era where we finally reversed decades old economic policy of taxing  and regulating . This was also a rare republican president who emphasized  economic converstism over social conservativism and even Foriegn policy conservativism . This era ended when democrats took back the senate in 1986 .

I would put it more in the absurd category, as Reagan did not de-emphasize social issues in any way.
Santander
Atlas Star
United Kingdom

Political Matrix
E: 4.00, S: 2.61

« Reply #1077 on: March 24, 2017, 01:43:49 PM »

I would put it more in the absurd category, as Reagan did not de-emphasize social issues in any way.
And, if anything, he was the first modern GOP president to bring social issues (as we know them today) to the foreground.
JustinTimeCuber
United States

Political Matrix
E: -5.16, S: -6.78

« Reply #1078 on: March 24, 2017, 01:47:00 PM »

Ben being a partisan hack like always
We have no consensus. Cuber's ballot is invalid as it was edited more than 10 minutes after it was cast.

Since we don't have any precedents of a tie vote for Speakership here in the South, I am going to appoint a commission of three members to sort this out.

I am appointing Leinad, Spiral and Peebs to the new

'Electoral Commission for the South'.
Note: there is no rule about editing ballots for the Speaker election
OSR stands with Israel
Computer89
Atlas Legend

Political Matrix
E: 3.42, S: 2.61

P P P

« Reply #1079 on: March 24, 2017, 02:02:31 PM »
« Edited: March 24, 2017, 02:17:00 PM by Old School Republican »

And, if anything, he was the first modern GOP president to bring social issues (as we know them today) to the foreground.

I said he emphasized economic conservatism more then social conservativism, not that he did not emphasize social conservatism.

Ronald Reagan emphasized lowering taxes ,  limiting government, opposing the regulatory state, implementing pro business policies  more then any other issue  .

Nixon on the other hand emphasized law and order more then any other issue , Dubya emphasized the Iraq war and family values more then any other issue .

Trump emphasizes immigration and protectionism more then any other issues .
JerryArkansas
jerryarkansas
YaBB God
United States

« Reply #1080 on: March 24, 2017, 06:36:47 PM »

It sounds as if those same fifth graders are about to get an even more informative first-hand field experience in early twenty-first century HR etiquette.

I suppose that the substitute teacher should have stuck with the mind-numbing busywork or "educational" videos that are usually their assigned province. Do people really want their public schools so regimented and rationalized that this shocks and offends them and demands a media and administrative response (that probably involves hundreds of hours of work)? What a strange code it is by which we are now expected to live.

When I was in high school my history teacher called me to the front of the class without explanation for an impromptu re-enactment of the execution of Charles I involving a yardstick. I suppose I should have called the local television station with a sob story about how horrifying and insensitive the whole ordeal was.
Cashew
United States

« Reply #1081 on: March 25, 2017, 12:48:52 AM »
« Edited: March 25, 2017, 12:54:11 AM by Cashew »

It appears Republicans are moving on to their next agenda item, tax reform, so I think now is a good time to talk about where and how we think it might go.  Will the Freedom Caucus and moderates clash once more, scuttling Republican consensus, or will it be much easier to find areas of agreement on this issue than health care reform?  Might some Dems vote in favor of a bill they come up with? Share your thoughts.

Well, 12 conservadems voted for the 2001 Bush tax cut. Feinstein is the only one still in the Senate.

Feinstein the blue dog. I can see what he's trying to say, but what terrible terminology!
they don't love you like i love you
BRTD
Atlas Prophet
Ukraine

Political Matrix
E: -6.50, S: -6.67

P P
« Reply #1082 on: March 25, 2017, 08:07:49 AM »

if they're gonna class attacking terrorists for beïng terrorists as a hate crime, it should apply to all terrorists
She is literally calling the police terrorists. I don't know how this is remotely defendable.

X Kingpoleon
heatcharger
Junior Chimp
Sweden

Political Matrix
E: -1.04, S: -0.24

« Reply #1083 on: March 25, 2017, 04:57:12 PM »

I really think he'll do well. This ban likely knocked some sense into it.
LLR
LongLiveRock
Junior Chimp

WWW Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #1084 on: March 26, 2017, 02:46:23 PM »

This guy is a parody, right?

MASHED POTATOES. VOTE!
Kalwejt
Atlas Institution

« Reply #1085 on: March 26, 2017, 02:48:50 PM »

Adam's intelectual property had been violated.
Santander
Atlas Star
United Kingdom

Political Matrix
E: 4.00, S: 2.61

« Reply #1086 on: March 26, 2017, 02:48:59 PM »

Should be banned, along with his sock account.
Lexii, harbinger of chaos and sexual anarchy
Alex
Junior Chimp
Argentina

« Reply #1087 on: March 26, 2017, 08:03:11 PM »

Had she [sic.] competed in the male division,(...).  Frankly, given how kids can go through phases, I think it should be illegal for kids to do anything to try to change which gender they appear as (I don't believe that transgenderism is a real thing, but that is beyond the point here).
President of the civil service full of trans activists
Peebs
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #1088 on: March 26, 2017, 08:10:12 PM »

Frankly, given how kids can go through phases, I think it should be illegal for kids to do anything to try to change which gender they appear as (...).
MAINEiac4434
Junior Chimp
France

Political Matrix
E: -7.42, S: -8.78

« Reply #1089 on: March 27, 2017, 02:33:32 PM »

I feel like posting Klartext is cheating but...

Big Schulz veeeeeeeeeeery strong candidate! Veeeeeeery strong! The German Hillary!

It's a wonderful morning in Germany, lots of sun, still a bit cold beacuse of the wind, but the summer is clearly loading.

Yesterday, once again, I was proven damn right. Not a big surprise, but enough to write a few sentences.

As you all know the litte Saarland voted yesterday. Normally not that important, but always interesting.

There are these takeaways:

1. SPD/Schulz: The big Loser of yesterday. There's no "Schulz effect" or euphoria for the Capo outside of German media headquarters, there's simply an interest of getting rid of Merkel. This guy has nothing to show. Neither is he a good rhetorician, neither has he Charisma nor a program. Simply hot air, big mouth and a radical plan to destroy and dissolve Germany to be part of a big "United Nations of Europe". The more the people learn about him, the fewer fall for his and the medias Propaganda. He's the German Hillary Clinton. Veeeeeeeery popular in polls, veeeeery weak at the Ballot box.

2. CDU: Big win, not question. I stopped being angry about voters who always fall for their conservative election campaign after and before governing like Liberals. People liked Madame Prime Minister and therefore the party got a boost. Once more it shows that German state and local elections are more about people and likability than politics.

3. Greens: Big joy yesterday. This radical left-wing anti-German crap is disappering every day a bit more. Very good! At least Schulz has something I can thank him for :-D

4. FDP: Well... I wouldn't bet that they will easily enter Bundestag again. They will get a boost from NRW and Schleswig-Holstein because of their most prominent politicians being Leaders there, but they still suck and without having any reasonable plan or utility they will have a hard time in a lot of states.

5. AfD: The Saar AfD is a totally chaotic group having had several scandals and infights over the last couple of years. They got a poor showing and they absoluetly deserved it. Unity is important, I hope Petry learns from it and the Saar AfD starts to become ONE party and takes the role as the secon-biggest Opposition Party in parliament.
Nevertheless it is promising that even when the national party is nearly doing nothing to help (very few Money ressources and menpower to help in the election campaign) and with a bit strange and questionable candidates on the Ballot and with an election campaign only speaking about CDU vs. Red-Red-(Green), there are enough voters everywhere in the country to easily enter parliament. With FDP and Greens failing, there is nothing to be ashamed of.

6. Left: Oscar we still love you - but there are every time fewer people who still remember the 80s and 90s.

All in all: Thanks to the AfD there's no red-red majority. Secretly, the CDU will be very pleased with the result and this fact.
JustinTimeCuber
United States

Political Matrix
E: -5.16, S: -6.78

« Reply #1090 on: March 27, 2017, 05:40:31 PM »

Is it possible to be a parody and a serious person at the same time, because that just about sums up my life.
Lexii, harbinger of chaos and sexual anarchy
Alex
Junior Chimp
Argentina

« Reply #1091 on: March 27, 2017, 08:53:25 PM »

Mr Mortimer is one of the best and most valuable contributors to this forum.  I guess by "reform" you all mean "renounce your mainstream views that I dont like".  He is one of the few posters on here who has the respect of all sides. 
[/quote
White Trash
Southern Gothic
YaBB God

« Reply #1092 on: March 27, 2017, 09:02:32 PM »

I vehemently disagree with Non Swing Voter's economic views but I am increasingly disturbed by the reality that almost no one here is interested in engaging with him without being wrathful and verbally abusive about it.
You reap what you sow. You're right in that I should probably be a bit more restrained and civilized when replying, but it's difficult to maintain your table manners when dining with Attila the Hun.
Deblano
EdgarAllenYOLO
United States

« Reply #1093 on: March 27, 2017, 09:03:47 PM »

Yawn, not news. Some minority millennials don't like him because their God Obama was demonized by Trump.

bronz finds another way to disrespect a group of people.
He's a centrist, alright? A moderate, if you will: moderately racist. Both sides do it. As long as he can point to one racist Democrat, it's okay for him to be racist.

"moderates" like him make moderates like me look bad.
White Trash
Southern Gothic
YaBB God

« Reply #1094 on: March 27, 2017, 09:08:10 PM »

I vehemently disagree with Non Swing Voter's economic views but I am increasingly disturbed by the reality that almost no one here is interested in engaging with him without being wrathful and verbally abusive about it.
You reap what you sow. You're right in that I should probably be a bit more restrained and civilized when replying, but it's difficult to maintain your table manners when dining with Attila the Hun.

Again, the feeling is mutual.  You basically single-handedly have shifted my views 10 notches to the right.  Your views work in an echo chamber here where most people share your exact belief because they are similarly situated.  Unfortunately for you, a lot more than "1%" of the population shares my views on taxes... and your cause is pretty much an epic failure right now... so you should probably try reaching out to more voters rather than flat out saying you don't want people who make a lot of money to vote democrat.  
I'm surprised that a bunch of poorly educated 20-year old welfare queens were able to change the views of a such a gentleman and scholar like yourself.
Technocracy Timmy
YaBB God
United States

« Reply #1095 on: March 27, 2017, 09:09:36 PM »

I've engaged with him a few times and it's never devolved into mudslinging.
Sprouts Farmers Market ✘
Sprouts
Atlas Icon
Italy

Political Matrix
E: -4.90, S: 1.74

« Reply #1096 on: March 27, 2017, 09:22:41 PM »

He's a caricature of an older person, except in addition to the non-understanding of the topic, he is extremely proud of his vices. If it were simply someone trotting out the old quips about capitalism without actually applying facts, you'd have a point that perhaps this is someone worth swaying, but this is someone loud and proud about not only keeping his own but also not helping others. He is the one who destroyed the party. Beggars can't be choosers, but I'd rather not have that to satisfy those mouths when there are obviously superior alternatives for votes. There is no need to appeal to everyone.
Sprouts Farmers Market ✘
Sprouts
Atlas Icon
Italy

Political Matrix

« Reply #1097 on: March 27, 2017, 09:26:56 PM »

I wrote something along those lines (though I thought it was education?) to mock your absurdity, but clearly it didn't cause any self-reflection.
Ebowed
Atlas Icon

Political Matrix
E: 4.13, S: 2.09

WWW Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #1098 on: March 27, 2017, 09:37:56 PM »

I can only hope the Trump tax cuts come soon enough.

Why are you always bragging about how much money you make, complaining about having to contribute to social programs, questioning the societal worth of people with lower incomes, and then pretending as though it's a surprise that people would not take it well?  For someone who complains about personal attacks, you sure seem to enjoy dishing them out.

There are plenty of wealthy people who support the Democrats and manage not to make a spectacle of themselves by insulting the less fortunate.  You don't get a pat on the back for voting for the Democrats.  We don't care if you vote for the Republicans.  It sounds like you want to, so.... do whatever you want.
Sprouts Farmers Market ✘
Sprouts
Atlas Icon
Italy

Political Matrix

« Reply #1099 on: March 27, 2017, 09:41:46 PM »

I can only hope the Trump tax cuts come soon enough.

Why are you always bragging about how much money you make, complaining about having to contribute to social programs, questioning the societal worth of people with lower incomes, and then pretending as though it's a surprise that people would not take it well?  For someone who complains about personal attacks, you sure seem to enjoy dishing them out.

There are plenty of wealthy people who support the Democrats and manage not to make a spectacle of themselves by insulting the less fortunate.  You don't get a pat on the back for voting for the Democrats.  We don't care if you vote for the Republicans.  It sounds like you want to, so.... do whatever you want.

Your post is belied by the facts.  I have made posts responsive to your litany of personal attacks.   And btw, saying I hope a tax cut comes soon enough (which most people support) is not a personal attack on you, get over yourself.

If by people, you mean white people, then I guess so, but minorities would not support such outright racist policy initiatives.
Pages: 1 ... 39 40 41 42 43 [44] 45 46 47 48 49 ... 77  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies