The Klartext Landfill for Absurd, Ignorant, and Deplorable Posts VI
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 18, 2024, 08:06:11 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Forum Community
  Forum Community (Moderators: The Dowager Mod, YE, KoopaDaQuick 🇵🇸)
  The Klartext Landfill for Absurd, Ignorant, and Deplorable Posts VI
« previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 40 41 42 43 44 [45] 46 47 48 49 50 ... 77
Author Topic: The Klartext Landfill for Absurd, Ignorant, and Deplorable Posts VI  (Read 149809 times)
Ebowed
Atlas Icon

Political Matrix
E: 4.13, S: 2.09

WWW Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #1100 on: March 27, 2017, 09:46:47 PM »

I can only hope the Trump tax cuts come soon enough.

Why are you always bragging about how much money you make, complaining about having to contribute to social programs, questioning the societal worth of people with lower incomes, and then pretending as though it's a surprise that people would not take it well?  For someone who complains about personal attacks, you sure seem to enjoy dishing them out.

There are plenty of wealthy people who support the Democrats and manage not to make a spectacle of themselves by insulting the less fortunate.  You don't get a pat on the back for voting for the Democrats.  We don't care if you vote for the Republicans.  It sounds like you want to, so.... do whatever you want.

Your post is belied by the facts.  I have made posts responsive to your litany of personal attacks.   And btw, saying I hope a tax cut comes soon enough (which most people support) is not a personal attack on you, get over yourself.

You failed at addressing even a single point regarding universal health care, and we still don't have a concrete explanation from you as to why you deserve medical care more than anyone else.  All you did was try to change the terms of the debate repeatedly, and you got called out on it.

I never claimed that your desire to increase the deficit was a personal attack.  I was more thinking of the numerous times you complained about the concept of your taxes going towards my health insurance because I beat you in an online argument.  A nasty sentiment, to be sure, but also very petty.  For the record, I have no problem with my taxation going towards services that you utilize.
Dr. Arch
Arch
Atlas Icon
Puerto Rico

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #1101 on: March 27, 2017, 09:46:56 PM »

I can only hope the Trump tax cuts come soon enough.

Why are you always bragging about how much money you make, complaining about having to contribute to social programs, questioning the societal worth of people with lower incomes, and then pretending as though it's a surprise that people would not take it well?  For someone who complains about personal attacks, you sure seem to enjoy dishing them out.

There are plenty of wealthy people who support the Democrats and manage not to make a spectacle of themselves by insulting the less fortunate.  You don't get a pat on the back for voting for the Democrats.  We don't care if you vote for the Republicans.  It sounds like you want to, so.... do whatever you want.

Your post is belied by the facts.  I have made posts responsive to your litany of personal attacks.   And btw, saying I hope a tax cut comes soon enough (which most people support) is not a personal attack on you, get over yourself.

If by people, you mean white people, then I guess so, but minorities would not support such outright racist policy initiatives.

tax cuts are racist now?  oh jesus, this country is really going to hell quicker than I imagined.

Yeah, no doubt, your whole conversation here has made me lose hope in it if it, in any way, reflects the kind of "political dialogue" that is taking place even with a Trump presidency.
Ebowed
Atlas Icon

Political Matrix

« Reply #1102 on: March 27, 2017, 10:06:58 PM »

My point was that people should be responsible for their own health insurance, plain and simple.  If the argument is that humans should take care of other humans, then there is no end to that, because then I should be paying for the health insurance for people in Sub Saharan Africa, who are less fortunate than you btw.  My only exception would be people who are too sick or disabled to work a job and pay for their own health insurance.  

Do you honestly presume that countries in Africa or anywhere else look to the United States system of HMOs and insurance provided through your employer as a way of achieving better, let alone universal, health outcomes?  The US system is globally recognized as exactly how not to tackle the issue.

Health insurance is not health care, which is the crucial point here.

Under a system where access to health care is determined by ability to afford premiums, the exact point is that people who are too sick or disabled to work are losing out on access, or choosing between food and medicine due to the cost of their prescriptions - nor is that fair to people who do work, but simply don't earn enough to afford insurance and related costs.
Ebowed
Atlas Icon

Political Matrix

« Reply #1103 on: March 27, 2017, 10:26:58 PM »

My point was that people should be responsible for their own health insurance, plain and simple.  If the argument is that humans should take care of other humans, then there is no end to that, because then I should be paying for the health insurance for people in Sub Saharan Africa, who are less fortunate than you btw.  My only exception would be people who are too sick or disabled to work a job and pay for their own health insurance. 

Do you honestly presume that countries in Africa or anywhere else look to the United States system of HMOs and insurance provided through your employer as a way of achieving better, let alone universal, health outcomes?  The US system is globally recognized as exactly how not to tackle the issue.

Health insurance is not health care, which is the crucial point here.

Under a system where access to health care is determined by ability to afford premiums, the exact point is that people who are too sick or disabled to work are losing out on access, or choosing between food and medicine due to the cost of their prescriptions - nor is that fair to people who do work, but simply don't earn enough to afford insurance and related costs.

Failed to understand my point.

No, I think your point is understood, it's just a bad point that has been badly made to boot.

Firstly, if we accept the premise that US universal health care is an implicit requirement to "insure" the rest of the world, why would USA taxpayers not need to finance the health care of people in countries like Canada and France?  That would be superfluous, right?

Secondly, if we accept the premise that universal health care is a global imperative for solely the United States to take on, why wouldn't that also apply to other social safety net programs which you claim to support?

I'm well aware that people in developing countries are less fortunate than I am.  Still not sure why that means you are more entitled to medical care than anyone else.

If you wanted to end the conversation, you could always stop replying.
Ebowed
Atlas Icon

Political Matrix

« Reply #1104 on: March 27, 2017, 10:36:40 PM »

Another implicit acknowledgement that your "argument" has been debunked.  And now for a quick stroll down credibility lane...

Anyways, I would like to end this "debate"

plus - I don't care to engage with you further.  Thanks.

It looks like your time is "worth" about as much as your word - nothing.
Ebowed
Atlas Icon

Political Matrix

« Reply #1105 on: March 27, 2017, 10:49:00 PM »

So right, I just couldn't match wits with your superior intellect. 

This is more about empathy rather than intellect.

We're all still waiting on a reason why you deserve medical care more than anyone else.
Virginiá
Virginia
Administratrix
Atlas Icon
Ukraine

Political Matrix
E: -6.97, S: -5.91

« Reply #1106 on: March 27, 2017, 10:52:51 PM »

oh you guys!
Ebowed
Atlas Icon

Political Matrix

« Reply #1107 on: March 27, 2017, 10:57:15 PM »

Now would be the time for someone to thank us for directly posting into this thread...
Sprouts Farmers Market ✘
Sprouts
Atlas Icon
Italy

Political Matrix
E: -4.90, S: 1.74

« Reply #1108 on: March 27, 2017, 11:29:05 PM »

"I pay for private security, why should everyone else get public protection from my tax dollars? Police officers don't work for free."
Sprouts Farmers Market ✘
Sprouts
Atlas Icon
Italy

Political Matrix

« Reply #1109 on: March 27, 2017, 11:42:24 PM »

"I pay for private security, why should everyone else get public protection from my tax dollars? Police officers don't work for free."

"Paying for your own stuff doesn't mean you shouldn't pay for everyone else to have it as well.  Suburban Voters own their own homes so therefore they should pay for Sprouts Farmers Market to have her own home too!"

I mean, that'd be a good start to America's problems. Utah has had notoriously modest success even if it is overstated
Sprouts Farmers Market ✘
Sprouts
Atlas Icon
Italy

Political Matrix

« Reply #1110 on: March 27, 2017, 11:45:59 PM »

"Paying for your own stuff doesn't mean you shouldn't pay for everyone else to have it as well.  Suburban Voters own their own homes so therefore they should pay for Sprouts Farmers Market to have her own home too!"

I mean, that'd be a good start to America's problems. Utah has had notoriously modest success even if it is overstated

deplorable

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gMYNfQlf1H8
Sprouts Farmers Market ✘
Sprouts
Atlas Icon
Italy

Political Matrix

« Reply #1111 on: March 27, 2017, 11:49:30 PM »

"Paying for your own stuff doesn't mean you shouldn't pay for everyone else to have it as well.  Suburban Voters own their own homes so therefore they should pay for Sprouts Farmers Market to have her own home too!"

edit - UNAMERICAN political opinion.

America is a country of bigotry and hateful people like yourself. I wouldn't dream of having a political opinion in lines with American values.
Dr. Arch
Arch
Atlas Icon
Puerto Rico

« Reply #1112 on: March 28, 2017, 12:17:56 AM »

edit - UNAMERICAN political opinion.

America is a country of bigotry and hateful people like yourself. I wouldn't dream of having a political opinion in lines with American values.

Politically-speaking, you are the most confusing person (to me) I've ever met.
World politics is up Schmitt creek
Nathan
Moderators
Atlas Superstar

« Reply #1113 on: March 28, 2017, 12:18:13 AM »

NSV, the observations (if they can be called that) that you're using as points against making sure those not fortunate enough to be affluent Smiley suburban Smiley Smiley FFs Smiley Smiley Smiley like your gentle self don't die in a heap for lack of easily provided health care could just as easily be used as points against unrestrained capitalism as a system. One man's modus ponens is another's modus tollens.
Nathan
Moderators
Atlas Superstar

« Reply #1114 on: March 28, 2017, 12:28:08 AM »
« Edited: March 28, 2017, 12:30:06 AM by modern maverick »

NSV, the observations (if they can be called that) that you're using as points against making sure those not fortunate enough to be affluent Smiley suburban Smiley Smiley FFs Smiley Smiley Smiley like your gentle self don't die in a heap for lack of easily provided health care could just as easily be used as points against unrestrained capitalism as a system. One man's modus ponens is another's modus tollens.

I know, it's so outrageous to lobby for the system we've had in place for a generation as opposed to dramatically altering it, which is the normal position here.

I'm glad Reaganomics has worked well for you, but you must have a very odd window on the world if you think it's worked for the country as a whole.

In any case, I wasn't calling anything "outrageous". I was just making an observation.
Nathan
Moderators
Atlas Superstar

« Reply #1115 on: March 28, 2017, 12:36:38 AM »
« Edited: March 28, 2017, 12:40:23 AM by modern maverick »

I know, it's so outrageous to lobby for the system we've had in place for a generation as opposed to dramatically altering it, which is the normal position here.

I'm glad Reaganomics has worked well for you, but you must have a very odd window on the world if you think it's worked for the country as a whole.

In any case, I wasn't calling anything "outrageous". I was just making an observation.

I get that some people may have "sunk" (a lot on this board it seems) in a "sink or swim" economy, but I don't agree with your observation that the "country as a whole" is doing bad.  The fact is that capitalism works, it has made this country the richest country in the world... period...  And it has increased the standard of living for the vast majority of the population.  Even lower middle class people arguably live better than upper middle class people did 20 years ago.  They have better access to technology, etc. 

But why ought people to "sink"? You can't just concede that there are people who are leading miserable lives because of our socioeconomic system in the same breath as acting mortified at the suggestion that something should be done about it.
Antonio the Sixth
Antonio V
Atlas Institution
United States

Political Matrix
E: -7.87, S: -3.83

P P
« Reply #1116 on: March 28, 2017, 12:57:52 AM »

I get that some people may have "sunk" (a lot on this board it seems) in a "sink or swim" economy, but I don't agree with your observation that the "country as a whole" is doing bad.  The fact is that capitalism works, it has made this country the richest country in the world... period...  And it has increased the standard of living for the vast majority of the population.  Even lower middle class people arguably live better than upper middle class people did 20 years ago.  They have better access to technology, etc. 

But why ought people to "sink"? You can't just concede that there are people who are leading miserable lives because of our socioeconomic system in the same breath as acting mortified at the suggestion that something should be done about it.

Something can be done about it.  I just happen to not agree with the welfare state you'd probably prefer to be in.  Do I feel bad about the fact that I do not want to radically alter our current system and radically redistribute wealth?  No.  No I do not.

Do you actually have any alternative proposals to help these people without radically altering our current system? Or is what you are saying basically "screw them, I got mine"?
Antonio the Sixth
Antonio V
Atlas Institution
United States

Political Matrix
E: -7.87, S: -3.83

P P
« Reply #1117 on: March 28, 2017, 01:37:42 AM »

I supported the Republican efforts to repeal Obamacare as laid out, which the majority of your white working class also supported btw - primarily in voting for Donald Trump.

All the polls that have been made on the matter say otherwise. But don't let facts get in the way of your narrative.

You must be logged in to read this quote.

Hahaha oh boy, you're in for a ride.

How? Bring back Just Say No?

Thanks, I guess.
DavidB.
Atlas Icon
Israel

Political Matrix
E: 0.58, S: 4.26

« Reply #1118 on: March 28, 2017, 03:14:59 AM »

You know very well that Antonio's point was that the majority of the white-working class do not support repealing Obamacare even if many of them did vote for Trump.
DavidB.
Atlas Icon
Israel

Political Matrix

« Reply #1119 on: March 28, 2017, 03:28:03 AM »

Thanks for posting that directly into the thread.
DavidB.
Atlas Icon
Israel

Political Matrix

« Reply #1120 on: March 28, 2017, 04:06:54 AM »

I don't have the patience to deal with another 21 year old.  Just talk to somebody else, thanks.
Thanks for posting that directly into the thread.
LLR
LongLiveRock
Junior Chimp

« Reply #1121 on: March 28, 2017, 06:16:40 AM »

Reminder that NSV, for however old he is, is such an abrasive asshole that he's not a respected poster here and has very few friends and whatnot. Given his claims, he's definitely over 30. If you add Peebs and my age together you get 29. And we're a hell of a lot more respected than you are.
Lexii, harbinger of chaos and sexual anarchy
Alex
Junior Chimp
Argentina

« Reply #1122 on: March 28, 2017, 07:29:39 AM »

FYI, There's a whole thread dedicated to other posters' opinion of NSV
Sprouts Farmers Market ✘
Sprouts
Atlas Icon
Italy

Political Matrix

« Reply #1123 on: March 28, 2017, 08:13:53 AM »

You know very well that Antonio's point was that the majority of the white-working class do not support repealing Obamacare even if many of them did vote for Trump.

No, I don't know what Antoine's point was.  Nor would I understand why people would vote for a candidate and party that said their number one priority was repealing Obamacare... if they didn't want Obamacare repealed.  There have also been numerous articles noting that the WWC poor are not supportive of Obamacare even if they are on it.  Anyways, I'm tired of this socialist nonsense... I'm not going to pay any further attention to posts about socialism as it isn't even part of the mainstream political discussion in this country (for very good reason).

Because it was criticized from the left and marketed as hurting them, and the media ate up the whole DIFFERENT KIND OF REPUBLICAN narrative where Trump was not just looking out for the rich (whereas in reality Trump has no opinions and would obviously do whatever his handlers said). People don't look line by line at every issue, and the media lied to them as usual. Donald Trump watched this and spoke as a populist as the media said.

Anyway, why is someone with a job going on political tirades at 3:30 in the morning.
Filuwaúrdjan
Realpolitik
Atlas Institution
United Kingdom

« Reply #1124 on: March 28, 2017, 08:17:13 AM »

Anyway, why is someone with a job going on political tirades at 3:30 in the morning.

And not just any job but a HIGH FLYING JOB in the PRIVATE SECTOR at that!
Pages: 1 ... 40 41 42 43 44 [45] 46 47 48 49 50 ... 77  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies