The Klartext Landfill for Absurd, Ignorant, and Deplorable Posts VI
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 25, 2024, 09:58:28 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Forum Community
  Forum Community (Moderators: The Dowager Mod, YE, KoopaDaQuick 🇵🇸)
  The Klartext Landfill for Absurd, Ignorant, and Deplorable Posts VI
« previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 42 43 44 45 46 [47] 48 49 50 51 52 ... 77
Author Topic: The Klartext Landfill for Absurd, Ignorant, and Deplorable Posts VI  (Read 149998 times)
SWE
SomebodyWhoExists
Atlas Icon
United States

P P P
Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #1150 on: March 28, 2017, 04:37:45 PM »

This link randomly brought me to Cathcon's page and I have absolutely no idea how that happened and it really confused me for a minute.
Goldwater
Republitarian
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix
E: 1.55, S: -4.52

« Reply #1151 on: March 28, 2017, 04:39:31 PM »

This link randomly brought me to Cathcon's page and I have absolutely no idea how that happened and it really confused me for a minute.

SWE confirmed as Cathcon sock.
JustinTimeCuber
United States

Political Matrix
E: -5.16, S: -6.78

« Reply #1152 on: March 28, 2017, 04:46:40 PM »

I motion for a 48-hour period of nominations followed by a 48-hour vote to be held by Antonio V.
KingSweden
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #1153 on: March 28, 2017, 04:52:12 PM »

We'd probably run into similar problems if it was renamed after Famous Mortimer, so how about a poster just bad enough to deserve the title but not bad enough that he'd risk being banned. Maybe Santander.
And Santander isn't a bad poster.

Santander is a great poster and a terrible poster at the same time. He has a niche and fills it well.

He is Schrodinger's Poster
The world will shine with light in our nightmare
Just Passion Through
Atlas Legend
Norway

Political Matrix
E: -6.32, S: -7.48

P P P

« Reply #1154 on: March 28, 2017, 08:08:58 PM »

Even for Wulfric this is ridiculously stupid:

Don't take my position on one issue and try to assume my position on others.

I support contraception, including plan B and the morning-after pill. Under-18s should have to have parental permission to get plan B/morning-after, unless a judge says otherwise - just as would be needed for virtually anything else they want to do at that point in their lives. But no absolute minimum age is needed here as the only reason to take this stuff is to prevent pregnancy - and if no pregnancy exists, no harm done.

And I wouldn't try to ban anal homosexual sex, nor would I have done so in years past. Homosexual​ Sodomy and Fornication are an affront to God, yes, but has no possible effect on society as a whole, and therefore falls within a reasonable definition of separation of church and state.

I actually think McDonald's​ should be closed down by the government for having a mission to make people obese, and I do not eat there myself, period. I'm dead serious here.

-------------------

As far as television goes, this really gets into why I am cautious about transgender treatments in children. It's easy for kids to look at something on TV, think it's cool, and apply it to themselves, and this is no different. You should only get transgender treatments if you are actually trans - if you are a cis person who has taken trans treatments, then you have transformed yourself from the right gender to the wrong gender, worsening your state of health when you realize this many years later. And I know what you're about to say - "But society is mean to transgender people! No one would ever think it was cool!" - but that argument is getting weaker each day as society is getting more and more accepting of transgender people each day, increasing the chances for it to be viewed as cool, especially to children, who are often easily convinced of all sorts of things. By waiting until age 12 or 13 to allow transgender treatment, even with parental/court permission, we ensure that the child has a good amount of understanding regarding the purpose of the treatment, and greatly increase the chance that they are in fact trans and aren't just going through a phase they got from television or wherever. It's a pretty common sense policy.
Santander
Atlas Star
United Kingdom

Political Matrix
E: 4.00, S: 2.61

« Reply #1155 on: March 28, 2017, 09:03:22 PM »

I support contraception, including plan B and the morning-after pill. Under-18s should have to have parental permission to get plan B/morning-after, unless a judge says otherwise - just as would be needed for virtually anything else they want to do at that point in their lives. But no absolute minimum age is needed here as the only reason to take this stuff is to prevent pregnancy - and if no pregnancy exists, no harm done.

And I wouldn't try to ban anal homosexual sex, nor would I have done so in years past. Homosexual​ Sodomy and Fornication are an affront to God, yes, but has no possible effect on society as a whole, and therefore falls within a reasonable definition of separation of church and state.

I actually think McDonald's​ should be closed down by the government for having a mission to make people obese, and I do not eat there myself, period. I'm dead serious here.

-------------------

As far as television goes, this really gets into why I am cautious about transgender treatments in children. It's easy for kids to look at something on TV, think it's cool, and apply it to themselves, and this is no different. You should only get transgender treatments if you are actually trans - if you are a cis person who has taken trans treatments, then you have transformed yourself from the right gender to the wrong gender, worsening your state of health when you realize this many years later. And I know what you're about to say - "But society is mean to transgender people! No one would ever think it was cool!" - but that argument is getting weaker each day as society is getting more and more accepting of transgender people each day, increasing the chances for it to be viewed as cool, especially to children, who are often easily convinced of all sorts of things. By waiting until age 12 or 13 to allow transgender treatment, even with parental/court permission, we ensure that the child has a good amount of understanding regarding the purpose of the treatment, and greatly increase the chance that they are in fact trans and aren't just going through a phase they got from television or wherever. It's a pretty common sense policy.
That's enough word salad to solve world hunger.
Dr. Arch
Arch
Atlas Icon
Puerto Rico

« Reply #1156 on: March 28, 2017, 09:15:26 PM »

-------------------

That's enough word salad to solve world hunger.

Oh my good lord...

I spent the winter writing songs about getting better
BRTD
Atlas Prophet
Ukraine

Political Matrix
E: -6.50, S: -6.67

P P
« Reply #1157 on: March 28, 2017, 09:17:17 PM »

I vehemently disagree with Non Swing Voter's economic views but I am increasingly disturbed by the reality that almost no one here is interested in engaging with him without being wrathful and verbally abusive about it.

I saw Ebowed, Antonio and DFB all arguing with him, and his response was just to accuse them of trolling or in DFB's case make fun of him for living in Idaho.
FEMA Camp Administrator
Cathcon
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #1158 on: March 28, 2017, 09:37:14 PM »

SWE confirmed as Cathcon sock.

Strange. It of course linked me to my profile, but the url indicates that it assuredly would. I was unaware that either A) I had a sock; or B) was so hated by TN Volunteer.
Figueira
Atlas Icon

« Reply #1159 on: March 28, 2017, 10:02:04 PM »

One time for a brief second I was somehow logged in as Dave Leip. Has that ever happened to anyone?
JustinTimeCuber
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #1160 on: March 28, 2017, 10:16:28 PM »

One time for a brief second I was somehow logged in as Dave Leip. Has that ever happened to anyone?
I'm actually Dave's sock for the record
Antonio the Sixth
Antonio V
Atlas Institution
United States

Political Matrix
E: -7.87, S: -3.83

P P
« Reply #1161 on: March 28, 2017, 11:26:36 PM »

Renamed after NSV because, gone or not, he deserves his moment of "glory".
JustinTimeCuber
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #1162 on: March 28, 2017, 11:39:26 PM »

I'm okay with that as a temporary solution but the lack of democracy here is *outrageous*.
Antonio the Sixth
Antonio V
Atlas Institution
United States

Political Matrix

P P
« Reply #1163 on: March 29, 2017, 12:22:40 AM »

I'm okay with that as a temporary solution but the lack of democracy here is *outrageous*.

Well, I am a dictator (if only by virtue of how threads work on this forum), but I strive to be a benevolent one who listens to his subjects. Smiley
Grumpier Than Uncle Joe
GM3PRP
Atlas Legend
Greece
« Reply #1164 on: March 29, 2017, 07:59:59 AM »

ICE agents should not be armed in the first place.
JustinTimeCuber
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #1165 on: March 29, 2017, 08:03:59 AM »

Well, I am a dictator (if only by virtue of how threads work on this forum), but I strive to be a benevolent one who listens to his subjects. Smiley
Alright, be a *nice* dictator. Try to make it not an oxymoron. Tongue
Chancellor Tanterterg
Mr. X
Moderators
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #1166 on: March 29, 2017, 04:04:29 PM »

Eharding should be reinstated, and Kal should have no authority to ban. He literally called for an eharding ban before anything questionable and then did it, and then muted him the second he came back. Kal has been gunning for Harding. Reinstate Harding and have any other moderator handle his ban/muting.
Clear bias by a single moderator against a poster is silly.

I don't even like Harding but a single moderators vendetta against him has been out right ridiculous.
Atlas Has Shrugged
ChairmanSanchez
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix
E: 5.29, S: -5.04

« Reply #1167 on: March 29, 2017, 05:48:49 PM »

Who is NSV???
Antonio the Sixth
Antonio V
Atlas Institution
United States

Political Matrix

P P
« Reply #1168 on: March 29, 2017, 06:27:48 PM »

Non Swing Voter. It's a shame you missed his posting spree, I'm sure you'd have enjoyed it. Tongue
MT Treasurer
IndyRep
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #1169 on: March 29, 2017, 09:49:15 PM »

This nonsense is really getting old:

Will you just never admit that Trump was actually a good candidate, in that he brought in millions of first-time voters and also reached out to centrist Democrats while somehow maintaining almost all of the evangelical voters?

No other Republican could have pulled that off. No other Republican could have beaten Hillary.
MAINEiac4434
Junior Chimp
France

Political Matrix
E: -7.42, S: -8.78

« Reply #1170 on: March 29, 2017, 10:26:48 PM »

Clever as hell.

My brain hurts after reading through the last few pages. It appears NSV has disappeared himself. A shame, I probably would've enjoyed his meltdown.

And now with Eharding gone, I think...I'm the biggest spammer here???
Anti-Bothsidesism
Somenamelessfool
United States

« Reply #1171 on: March 30, 2017, 04:18:57 PM »

Lexii, harbinger of chaos and sexual anarchy
Alex
Junior Chimp
Argentina

« Reply #1172 on: March 30, 2017, 05:32:25 PM »

A married man should not be having dinner with another woman, unless that other woman is his sister, daughter, mother, or grand mother, you get the picture.
Antonio the Sixth
Antonio V
Atlas Institution
United States

Political Matrix

P P
« Reply #1173 on: March 30, 2017, 08:27:15 PM »

A married man should not be having dinner with another woman, unless that other woman is his sister, daughter, mother, or grand mother, you get the picture.

Victorian Britain revivalist!
MAINEiac4434
Junior Chimp
France

Political Matrix
E: -7.42, S: -8.78

« Reply #1174 on: March 30, 2017, 09:47:23 PM »

Considering that modern day liberals are the ones who b**** about it, Its clearly not a far right position.  

Minority sensitivities come before all else in modern day Liberalism (Unless you're Jewish).

Actually as I pointed out here American liberals are the people most likely to abandon culture and their heritage and throw it all away. American liberalism is all about the destruction and annihilation of culture.
Added the bold.
Pages: 1 ... 42 43 44 45 46 [47] 48 49 50 51 52 ... 77  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies