The Klartext Landfill for Absurd, Ignorant, and Deplorable Posts VI
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 16, 2024, 12:04:46 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Forum Community
  Forum Community (Moderators: The Dowager Mod, YE, KoopaDaQuick 🇵🇸)
  The Klartext Landfill for Absurd, Ignorant, and Deplorable Posts VI
« previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 47 48 49 50 51 [52] 53 54 55 56 57 ... 77
Author Topic: The Klartext Landfill for Absurd, Ignorant, and Deplorable Posts VI  (Read 149741 times)
SUSAN CRUSHBONE
evergreen
Junior Chimp
Antarctica

WWW Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #1275 on: April 17, 2017, 09:53:54 AM »

glad to see that at least the democratic base is accepting reälity

What's so illegitimate about Trump? You can say muh popular vote all you'd like, but that doesn't change the fact that presidential elections are determined by the electoral college.

ya m8 he didn't win by either measure so i don't see what your point is

i'm sorry facts trigger you (?)

Explain exactly why you think Clinton won the Electoral College

- republicans' large-scale illegal schemes to prevent people from voting (some of which were so egregious they were struck down even after the indefensible shelby co. v. holder decision) are very well documented

- i think even the farthest-right of us can agree that at least like, two or three percent of trump voters (i.e. enough to account for the official margins) are nazis, no? (obviously it's substantially more than that but y'know) anyways nazis aren't people and therefore can't vote

Nobody likes Nazis, but in the context of American politics and the freedom of speech and expression we will never, ever take for granted in this country, this sentence belongs in this thread.  Horrible people are allowed to express their horrible opinions.

nah
Figueira
Atlas Icon

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #1276 on: April 17, 2017, 10:25:06 AM »

Clearly wanting the Earth to be inhabitable is exactly the same as being a 1980s British classist.

(Context: Wulfric thread on "Coal is coming back")

The Thatcherites in the Democratic Party will be pissed.
Coolface Sock #42069
whitesox130
YaBB God
United States

Political Matrix
E: 4.39, S: 2.26

« Reply #1277 on: April 17, 2017, 06:59:24 PM »

What's so illegitimate about Trump? You can say muh popular vote all you'd like, but that doesn't change the fact that presidential elections are determined by the electoral college.

- republicans' large-scale illegal schemes to prevent people from voting (some of which were so egregious they were struck down even after the indefensible shelby co. v. holder decision) are very well documented

- i think even the farthest-right of us can agree that at least like, two or three percent of trump voters (i.e. enough to account for the official margins) are nazis, no? (obviously it's substantially more than that but y'know) anyways nazis aren't people and therefore can't vote
Thanks for posting directly into the thread!
The world will shine with light in our nightmare
Just Passion Through
Atlas Legend
Norway

Political Matrix
E: -6.32, S: -7.48

P P P

« Reply #1278 on: April 17, 2017, 07:14:15 PM »

Well, Nazis aren't people.  That's just an indisputable fact.  That's why we know Nazis are best when they're dead. Wink
they don't love you like i love you
BRTD
Atlas Prophet
Ukraine

Political Matrix
E: -6.50, S: -6.67

P P
« Reply #1279 on: April 17, 2017, 10:15:23 PM »

2020 election

President Donald J. Trump/Mike Pence: 447 EV - 52.4% PV

Senator Elizabeth Warren/Governor Roy Cooper: 91 EV - 47.0% PV

2024 election

Vice President Mike Pence/Former Senator Rick Santorum: 376 EV - 51.0% PV

Congressman Keith Elison/Former Governor Steve Bullock: 162 EV - 47.5 % PV

Dr. Arch
Arch
Atlas Icon
Puerto Rico

« Reply #1280 on: April 17, 2017, 11:01:44 PM »

2020 election

President Donald J. Trump/Mike Pence: 447 EV - 52.4% PV

Senator Elizabeth Warren/Governor Roy Cooper: 91 EV - 47.0% PV

2024 election

Vice President Mike Pence/Former Senator Rick Santorum: 376 EV - 51.0% PV

Congressman Keith Elison/Former Governor Steve Bullock: 162 EV - 47.5 % PV

Ayyyy LMAO
RFayette
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #1281 on: April 17, 2017, 11:52:00 PM »

It's a great thing we live in a country with actual freedom of speech and conscience rather than a lot of the anti-freedom areas in Europe which don't have basic freedoms.  And now Evangelicals are paying the price in many of those countries.
Lexii, harbinger of chaos and sexual anarchy
Alex
Junior Chimp
Argentina

« Reply #1282 on: April 18, 2017, 06:42:19 AM »
« Edited: April 18, 2017, 06:44:08 AM by Alex »

(...) rather than a lot of the anti-freedom areas in Europe which don't have basic freedoms.  And now Evangelicals are paying the price in many of those countries.
Just Passion Through
Atlas Legend
Norway

Political Matrix

P P P

« Reply #1283 on: April 18, 2017, 07:55:16 AM »

I've said it before and I'll say it again: free speech is vastly overrated.
RINO Tom
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix
E: 2.45, S: -0.52

« Reply #1284 on: April 18, 2017, 09:51:25 AM »

When the alliance between our European lefties and our American lefties comes absolutely crashing down. Smiley
Lexii, harbinger of chaos and sexual anarchy
Alex
Junior Chimp
Argentina

« Reply #1285 on: April 18, 2017, 10:32:19 AM »

It would be the best for the party cause Petry and her career politician husband without any credibility Pretzell are acting like paid agents.

(...)

The sooner this sh**t gets solved and Petry and Pretzell follow low energy Lucke, the better for the AfD and of course for Germany.

But I doubt that the result will be much different with or without Petry. 80% of Germans are totally media manipulated and won't vote for AfD because they can't think for themselves anymore and the big majority of the 20% who still have a functional brain are either backing AfD no matter what (cause people like me don't give a sh**t about what the media says) or are voting tactically for e.g. FDP to help them enter parliament and prevent red-red-gree nightmare or CDU/CSU because the fear of EU Extremist Schulz is big...

But let's see, my bet is still on 12,4% AfD in September. Very excited to have Patriots in the Bundestag again (in former times there were a lot of Patriots from CDU/CSU in parliament...)
Higgs

Political Matrix
E: 6.14, S: -4.17

« Reply #1286 on: April 18, 2017, 11:59:55 AM »

Nobody likes Nazis, but in the context of American politics and the freedom of speech and expression we will never, ever take for granted in this country, this sentence belongs in this thread.  Horrible people are allowed to express their horrible opinions.

nah

This just needed to be in here twice.
Santander
Atlas Star
United Kingdom

Political Matrix
E: 4.00, S: 2.61

« Reply #1287 on: April 18, 2017, 02:43:34 PM »

Humphrey. Also, interesting that the two candidates who were most radical to the left and to the right are probably going to win. Politics are really polarized.

Goldwater if you look at policy would be considered center-right today. Policy wide he's not that different from McCain and Romney
BRTD
Atlas Prophet
Ukraine

Political Matrix

P P
« Reply #1288 on: April 18, 2017, 02:52:24 PM »

As a general rule, we can safely assume that any "*Politician X* would be *different side than they are in home country* in *different country*" or "*Politician X* would be *different party or faction today than they were*" statements to completely stupid. It's not that they can't ever be correct or that you can't come up with examples where it would apply, but just about every time someone says something like that they're just making a cringeworthy hot take.
Santander
Atlas Star
United Kingdom

Political Matrix

« Reply #1289 on: April 18, 2017, 02:53:01 PM »

Bernie would be center-right in Europe.
Maxwell
mah519
Atlas Star
Germany

Political Matrix
E: -6.45, S: -6.96

« Reply #1290 on: April 18, 2017, 04:59:50 PM »

mondale won 1 state is a ing horrible poster!

glass houses, stone throwing, etc

I am one of the most respected posters on this site.

I don't pollute threads predicting the democratc/GOP will win and trolling with gifs while doing it.

posting this mostly for the "absurdity" part of the name

Also, motion to make a marty extravaganza of un-self-aware Posts?
OneJ
OneJ_
YaBB God
United States

« Reply #1291 on: April 18, 2017, 10:42:58 PM »

Democrats are probably going to win back congress at this rate.

Lol, they couldnt even win a left of center district in this election with $8 million!

And that is before fresh Gerrymandering.
BRTD
Atlas Prophet
Ukraine

Political Matrix

P P
« Reply #1292 on: April 19, 2017, 12:35:29 AM »

This is probably the dumbest thing Beet has said since...well I guess saying France is equivalent to a giant Midwest, so in a couple days.

Calling for a move to the center after a series of losses is trolling now? I'm old enough to remember a time when it was common sense. The days of Tony Blair and Bill Clinton -- long gone now.

Ossoff is pro-choice, thinks banning Muslims is "unconstitutional", and opposes repealing Obamacare, all of which are probably unpopular positions. He is not a "moderate", which is what a district like this and KS and MT call for.
Just Passion Through
Atlas Legend
Norway

Political Matrix

P P P

« Reply #1293 on: April 19, 2017, 01:28:19 AM »

As much as I would like to see Ossoff win over Handel, she will smash him with a margin of victory in the lower double digits.

One thing I have to give to people on the right is that, when the outcome of a primary or GE doesn't go perfectly for them, they usually suck it up and live to fight another day.  They don't whine, threaten to stay home, and/or wet their beds.  Just look at Breitbart comments if you don't believe me; hardly anyone is complaining about the fact that Handel won, even though she was the "establishment" candidate in the field.  If you want to give up without even putting up a fight, that's your prerogative, but it only makes the Republicans' goal of cementing their rule that much easier.  Quitters never win.

You gotta wisely pick which battles are worth fighting, and this is no longer one of them.
Donerail
Atlas Icon
« Reply #1294 on: April 19, 2017, 07:58:58 AM »

have we checked whether Bagel23 is a Beet sock?
BRTD
Atlas Prophet
Ukraine

Political Matrix

P P
« Reply #1295 on: April 19, 2017, 02:15:14 PM »

Eh, shame on him. Both sides do that crap. Don't pretend that some Democrats don't have vile things to say to whites. He's foolish, but it is what it is. He's foolish.

This is so ing annoying, dude. You literally say this on every thread where a Republican is called out, but not on any one of English Pete's, Krazen's or any other R troll's threads.
He's a Republican playing "good cop" to pull tge Overton Window to be more Reublican. Just like this trigger tantrum here is design to do.
I'm a centrist, guys. I call both parties out. I have voted for both parties. What he, said was stupid, but a lot of Democrats have said similar things to whites. I will continue to call every party out.
White Trash
Southern Gothic
YaBB God

« Reply #1296 on: April 19, 2017, 02:18:35 PM »

Eh, shame on him. Both sides do that crap. Don't pretend that some Democrats don't have vile things to say to whites. He's foolish, but it is what it is. He's foolish.

This is so ing annoying, dude. You literally say this on every thread where a Republican is called out, but not on any one of English Pete's, Krazen's or any other R troll's threads.
He's a Republican playing "good cop" to pull tge Overton Window to be more Reublican. Just like this trigger tantrum here is design to do.
I'm a centrist, guys. I call both parties out. I have voted for both parties. What he, said was stupid, but a lot of Democrats have said similar things to whites. I will continue to call every party out.
There is no way he isn't a joke account at this point.
Santander
Atlas Star
United Kingdom

Political Matrix

« Reply #1297 on: April 19, 2017, 02:59:20 PM »

There is no way he isn't a joke account at this point.
Never underestimate the stupidity of an Atlas poster.
World politics is up Schmitt creek
Nathan
Moderators
Atlas Superstar

« Reply #1298 on: April 20, 2017, 11:24:17 AM »

So it hurts Trump voting states the most?

Sounds good to me...time to pass it
Hifly
hifly15

« Reply #1299 on: April 20, 2017, 02:18:02 PM »

Just about every American post in the UK General Election thread belongs here.
Pages: 1 ... 47 48 49 50 51 [52] 53 54 55 56 57 ... 77  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies