The Klartext Landfill for Absurd, Ignorant, and Deplorable Posts VI
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 26, 2024, 11:38:30 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Forum Community
  Forum Community (Moderators: The Dowager Mod, YE, KoopaDaQuick 🇵🇸)
  The Klartext Landfill for Absurd, Ignorant, and Deplorable Posts VI
« previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 59 60 61 62 63 [64] 65 66 67 68 69 ... 77
Author Topic: The Klartext Landfill for Absurd, Ignorant, and Deplorable Posts VI  (Read 153641 times)
Kingpoleon
Atlas Star
United States

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #1575 on: May 25, 2017, 03:28:10 PM »

Why is this forum so obsessed with hating her?

Because this is forum of Hilary democrats, they hate anyone or anything not pro Hillary, doesn't matter if it's Bernie wing of the party, Trump, Biden etc.

This is why generalization is awful: At times, there is a Hillary echo chamber none dare to break. The anti-Hillary "echo chamber" is borderline impossible, as Clark Kent, clash, jfern, and other anti-Hillary posters have widely varying ideologies.
Sprouts Farmers Market ✘
Sprouts
Atlas Icon
Italy

Political Matrix
E: -4.90, S: 1.74

« Reply #1576 on: May 26, 2017, 08:06:09 AM »

Tump can only manage to get 38-42% of the vote in most polling. He's headed for double digit loses in all these states. Clinton probably gets 56-58% in Ohio if these trends keep up.

LOL, that would be a 450+ EV landslide for Hillary. Even I'm not that optimistic. Ohio will be close like Ohio always is. Too many rural Republicans for that kind of result. 90% of the Ohio electorate is inelastic and completely locked into their party preference

FYI, I think Hillary has at least an 80% chance to sweep all the Obama 2012 swing states

At best for Trump, Ohio with be 54-43. That is assuming that he ties with college educated whites. He's simply not breaking out of the low 40s at this point, so I don't think Ohio will be that close.

I had a post deleted for calling this brain dead so I just want my 30 seconds of gloating.
RINO Tom
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix
E: 2.45, S: -0.52

« Reply #1577 on: May 26, 2017, 09:33:37 AM »

Tump can only manage to get 38-42% of the vote in most polling. He's headed for double digit loses in all these states. Clinton probably gets 56-58% in Ohio if these trends keep up.

LOL, that would be a 450+ EV landslide for Hillary. Even I'm not that optimistic. Ohio will be close like Ohio always is. Too many rural Republicans for that kind of result. 90% of the Ohio electorate is inelastic and completely locked into their party preference

FYI, I think Hillary has at least an 80% chance to sweep all the Obama 2012 swing states

At best for Trump, Ohio with be 54-43. That is assuming that he ties with college educated whites. He's simply not breaking out of the low 40s at this point, so I don't think Ohio will be that close.

I had a post deleted for calling this brain dead so I just want my 30 seconds of gloating.

Trump won 60% of college educated Whites in Ohio, LOL.
Atlas Has Shrugged
ChairmanSanchez
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix
E: 5.29, S: -5.04

« Reply #1578 on: May 26, 2017, 12:40:22 PM »

When is InvisibleObama going to give us any proof of who he is and why we should believe he's qualified? I asked him this and he said he thinks I'm coming to murder him Huh
MT Treasurer
IndyRep
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #1579 on: May 26, 2017, 03:17:37 PM »

Wulfric's truly damning and game-changing indictment™ of Assaultana™

Yesterday's election was a truly scary indictment of the people of Montana. A majority of the population said with their vote that assault is a good and honorable thing. That they want to live in a world where you're supposed to body slam people whenever you please. That they want to celebrate that kind of behavior by electing those who commit it. They are truly a terrible populace. I commend myself for pulling out of my own Assaulterforte endorsement less than an hour after the incident occured, but the people of Montana clearly felt otherwise, with many saying that the incident had only made their support for Assaulterforte more enthusiastic. It is truly sad that there exists even one state in this country where people are celebrating assault.

And while Assaulterforte's apology in his victory speech was a step in the right direction, the fact is that he and his campaign gravely lied about the incident in its immediate aftermath, that his committing of such an action makes me concerned that he will do similar things in congress, and that there may be legal consequences for his actions. It is very difficult to see the sorts of circumstances in which I would endorse him for anything in the future.

I will also take this opportunity to pledge that I will never live in Montana, or as it should be called, Assaultana, no matter what incentive one may give to me. This election shows that is truly a despicable place, and is worthy of any and all scorn and insult.
This account no longer in use.
cxs018
Junior Chimp

« Reply #1580 on: May 26, 2017, 03:23:21 PM »

I really dislike Gianforte, but holy f--k that post is terrible lmao
Chancellor Tanterterg
Mr. X
Moderators
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #1581 on: May 26, 2017, 03:25:13 PM »

Wulfric's truly damning and game-changing indictment™ of Assaultana™

Yesterday's election was a truly scary indictment of the people of Montana. A majority of the population said with their vote that assault is a good and honorable thing. That they want to live in a world where you're supposed to body slam people whenever you please. That they want to celebrate that kind of behavior by electing those who commit it. They are truly a terrible populace. I commend myself for pulling out of my own Assaulterforte endorsement less than an hour after the incident occured, but the people of Montana clearly felt otherwise, with many saying that the incident had only made their support for Assaulterforte more enthusiastic. It is truly sad that there exists even one state in this country where people are celebrating assault.

And while Assaulterforte's apology in his victory speech was a step in the right direction, the fact is that he and his campaign gravely lied about the incident in its immediate aftermath, that his committing of such an action makes me concerned that he will do similar things in congress, and that there may be legal consequences for his actions. It is very difficult to see the sorts of circumstances in which I would endorse him for anything in the future.

I will also take this opportunity to pledge that I will never live in Montana, or as it should be called, Assaultana, no matter what incentive one may give to me. This election shows that is truly a despicable place, and is worthy of any and all scorn and insult.

Re: the bolded part: Wait, there are actually people who talk this way?
Atlas Has Shrugged
ChairmanSanchez
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #1582 on: May 26, 2017, 03:29:08 PM »

Do you expect anything good from Wulfric though?
cxs018
Junior Chimp

« Reply #1583 on: May 26, 2017, 03:32:33 PM »

Do you expect anything good from Wulfric though?

No, but that post is even worse than his usual contributions.
MT Treasurer
IndyRep
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #1584 on: May 26, 2017, 04:07:40 PM »

At least that gives Quist and Wicks supporters a reason to be happy about the results of the election. But the best part of it is that he even put this gem in his signature, LOL. This forum is truly a strange place.
I Won - Get Over It
« Reply #1585 on: May 26, 2017, 04:58:37 PM »

This forum is truly a strange place.
Coolface Sock #42069
whitesox130
YaBB God
United States

Political Matrix
E: 4.39, S: 2.26

« Reply #1586 on: May 27, 2017, 10:39:27 AM »

Not seeing this one in here... very surprising. Please forgive me if it was posted and I missed it.

I condemn the act, but I would have still voted for Gianforte here, given that the other choice supports 3000 murders per day.  I can't think of a race in recent memory where I would have voted for a Democrat (I pretty much consider the Democratic Party a domestic terrorist group for supporting abortion).

I don't know how many times I have to say this... Democrats do not support abortion! In fact, the greater access to birth control they support would result in less abortions! All they support is for it to be legal, and (maybe) for it to be federally funded (which I, of course, do not support). That doesn't make them pro-abortion. Nobody, aside from perhaps some SJWs on Tumblr, actually is happy about the amount of abortions performed in this country. Democrats just think people having access to it is better than the alternative. Agree or disagree, that doesn't mean they support abortion, and I don't think I even have to say that the "domestic terriorist" line is dumb hyperbole built on a flawed assumption at best and a willfully ignorant one at worst.

I'm just really tired of the conflation of "X is bad" or "People shouldn't do X" with "Government should stop people from doing X" and, in the converse, "Government should not stop people from doing X" with "I think X is great!" 

It's fallacious, it's intellectually lazy, it's downright dishonest, and you know better!
MAINEiac4434
Junior Chimp
France

Political Matrix
E: -7.42, S: -8.78

« Reply #1587 on: May 27, 2017, 01:36:34 PM »

This should be in the Simple Truths thread.
Atlas Has Shrugged
ChairmanSanchez
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #1588 on: May 27, 2017, 10:52:45 PM »

Fireworks aren't dangerous! Nobody got hurt in Harry Potter!

Didn't slash anyone's throat, so I don't really care.
Nor did he stab anyone because of their party affiliation.
You mean the Bernie bro who did the Oregon stabbing? Why don't you read his FB posts before rushing to judgement.
It's unfortunate for him that he's not a Republican, otherwise he could have been elected to Congress.
Shooting off fireworks at peaceful demonstrators is not comparable to one trespassing journalist being pushed to the ground by a candidate with a clear anger problem. This kinda stuff is happening, and it needs to be addressed.
Yeah, one is a joke while the other is a felony.
Using fireworks as a weapon isn't a joke. It's an act of violence - the kind that gets you off - and it cannot and is not being tolerated.
Where in the article does it say he used fireworks as a weapon, or did anything violent?
You must be logged in to read this quote.

Why is with the suspects? Why did he violently resist arrest? Kid Kaine was involved.

From Fox News.
You must be logged in to read this quote.

That still doesn't say what you claimed.

When Fred & George Weasley set off fireworks near Umbridge, as they decided to leave Hogwarts,  they didn't intend to harm anyone (and didn't) and nobody saw that kind of thing as a violent act.

From what I've read so far, this doesn't seem too different. Just causing a disturbance. Doesn't mean I approve, but it's not violent or despicable. If they wanted to be violent, they wouldn't have chosen such superficial things.
dead0man
Atlas Legend
United States

« Reply #1589 on: May 28, 2017, 07:07:33 AM »

such a weird argument.  Linwood knew he was going to do something wrong, that's why he wore a mask.  Linwood knew he had done something wrong, that's why he ran away.  I don't know why that's so hard for fans of his to see.
SUSAN CRUSHBONE
evergreen
Junior Chimp
Antarctica

WWW Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #1590 on: May 28, 2017, 08:57:54 AM »

such a weird argument.  Linwood knew he was going to do something wrong, that's why he wore a mask.  Linwood knew he had done something wrong, that's why he ran away.  I don't know why that's so hard for fans of his to see.

legally wrong ≠ morally wrong
this shouldn't be a difficult concept, even for you
TJ in Oregon
TJ in Cleve
Junior Chimp
United States

Political Matrix
E: 0.13, S: 6.96

« Reply #1591 on: May 28, 2017, 11:14:41 PM »

I'm just really tired of the conflation of "X is bad" or "People shouldn't do X" with "Government should stop people from doing X" and, in the converse, "Government should not stop people from doing X" with "I think X is great!" 

It's fallacious, it's intellectually lazy, it's downright dishonest, and you know better!

Eh, there is a real distinction in what you've written but it's far more absurd to think that abortion is murder but it should still be legal than to conflate legality with morality. That's basically saying, "I'm personally opposed to murder but I wouldn't want to enforce my views on anyone!"
Mr. Smith
MormDem
Atlas Superstar
United States

« Reply #1592 on: May 29, 2017, 02:06:04 AM »

legally wrong ≠ morally wrong
this shouldn't be a difficult concept, even for you

legally wrong ≠ morally wrong = not mutually exclusive
this shouldn't be a difficult concept, even for you.
Intell
Junior Chimp
Nepal

Political Matrix
E: -6.71, S: -1.24

« Reply #1593 on: May 31, 2017, 09:48:23 PM »

Retro's ratings:

Doctor-assisted suicide: Highly support! I should go to a health care protest with a sign that says "We need more death panels!"

Abortion:  There's too many people in the world anyway. Also, in some cases, I would go so far to favor that abortion should be required in situations of severe birth defects or disabilities. People may deny it, but everyone who wants a child most importantly wants them to be healthy and not a useless tumor.

cxs018
Junior Chimp

« Reply #1594 on: May 31, 2017, 10:32:32 PM »

He's totally right on doctor-assisted suicide, and besides, this thread is for legitimately bad posts, not "I disagree with his politics".
Kingpoleon
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #1595 on: June 01, 2017, 12:01:54 AM »

He's totally right on doctor-assisted suicide, and besides, this thread is for legitimately bad posts, not "I disagree with his politics".

Yes, but it should be admitted that there is a danger in single payer healthcare+publicly owned hospitals+doctor-assisted suicide.
Intell
Junior Chimp
Nepal

Political Matrix
E: -6.71, S: -1.24

« Reply #1596 on: June 01, 2017, 02:46:39 AM »

Go into a protest with a sign that says "more death panels!", ok then.
Bleach Blonde Bad Built Butch Bodies for Biden
Just Passion Through
Atlas Legend
Norway

P P P

« Reply #1597 on: June 01, 2017, 02:48:22 AM »

I believe this is what is called a joke.
Badger
badger
Atlas Legend
United States

« Reply #1598 on: June 01, 2017, 11:41:11 AM »

I believe this is what is called a joke.

Even if that is the case comma suggesting mandatory abortions for the deformed is more than enough grounds to qualify for this thread.
Sumner 1868
tara gilesbie
Junior Chimp
United States
« Reply #1599 on: June 01, 2017, 01:18:33 PM »

Posts like retro's really ought to be banned. If saying some slightly unkind things about things Jews or African-Americans is totally unacceptable then literally advocating genocide (which is what it is - don't pretend otherwise) should be as well.
Pages: 1 ... 59 60 61 62 63 [64] 65 66 67 68 69 ... 77  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies