The Klartext Landfill for Absurd, Ignorant, and Deplorable Posts VI
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 26, 2024, 09:27:01 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Forum Community
  Forum Community (Moderators: The Dowager Mod, YE, KoopaDaQuick 🇵🇸)
  The Klartext Landfill for Absurd, Ignorant, and Deplorable Posts VI
« previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 65 66 67 68 69 [70] 71 72 73 74 75 ... 77
Author Topic: The Klartext Landfill for Absurd, Ignorant, and Deplorable Posts VI  (Read 150061 times)
Technocracy Timmy
YaBB God
United States

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #1725 on: June 20, 2017, 10:10:16 PM »

Ugh, I am utterly lost right now.

Democrats are showing huge swings in these special elections, but I have my doubts they will hold or be increased in 2018.

Of course, I'll be a little annoyed by Trump's inevitable "YUGE VICTORY, YOU'RE WELCOME KAREN" tweet. But what's worse is the Democrats tearing themselves inside out because of these special special elections.

I honestly have stopped caring whether we get Berniecrats or centrists elected -  I just need Democrats. Democrats wouldn't vote for Obamacare repeal, they wouldn't vote for the AHCA, they wouldn't vote for any of the awful things on Ryan, McConnell, and Trump's agenda.

I am scared for future, something I haven't felt so intensely since that evening in November.  

Masshole.
I'm proud of it Smiley
Badger
badger
Atlas Legend
United States

« Reply #1726 on: June 20, 2017, 10:23:59 PM »

Most of The Self's posts should be here. Hell, this is the only thread he should be allowed to post in.

#triggered
Nice to see you've posted directly in here. I like people who learn quickly.

Maybe it's like with JSojourner, who created Coburn account in order to quarrel with himself?

I miss JSojo Sad

Ditto. Sad

I believe some time ago Grumps mentioned he was still FB friends with him and SJ mentioned he still lurks here occasionally. That's a nice thought. Smiley

If you're here, man, "Hi Sojourner!" Cheesy

JSJ is doing well for himself and seems very happy.  He's a very good man.  Miss him here as well.

Good to hear. Tell him I said "Hey there!", will'ya?
I spent the winter writing songs about getting better
BRTD
Atlas Prophet
Ukraine

Political Matrix
E: -6.50, S: -6.67

P P
« Reply #1727 on: June 20, 2017, 10:26:09 PM »

Terrible tragedy

Also: I've seen some "woke" keyboard warriors on Twitter screaming about how mourning Otto is only because of his "white privilege," many of the same who gleefully mocked him last year when he was captured because in Asia, "white privilege" doesn't protect you, or something.

I wanted to get off my chest here what an execrable position this is to take after a man was murdered by a criminal regime, and that this flies awfully close to the line of logic that blacks "had it coming" when they are gunned down by the police.

/endrant

Very sad.
Why the hell anyone would want to go to North Korea is beyond me.

Curiosity about a notorious society.

Most American visitors are safe so long as they visit at a time of relative calm and take no action that could be mistaken as a stand against the regime. Many visitors simply can't bring themselves to act apolitically once there.

Relative calm ?
When is there ever "relative clam" in North Korea. It seems that everyday their official government-controlled news talks about nuking the USA, with an accompanying video showing a mushroom explosion over The White House or The Capitol.
Their leader killed his own uncle, for Pete's sake !
How can anyone see this country as calm and safe to visit (vacation) ?
No amount of "curiosity" would take me there.

North Korea is a terrible place, and the horrible direction it has gone since the Korean War should be a lesson for all nations. But it is hard for me to see criticism like the above coming from my fellow Americans and take it as credible when we live in the same nation that actually bombs people on a daily basis, and where Sheriff Clarke is considered for high government positions instead of incarcerated in his own jail awaiting trial.

Perhaps we should pay less attention to the daily hate for people on the far side of the world, and take off the comfortable blinders we wear at home.
Since I'm the mad scientist proclaimed by myself
omegascarlet
Junior Chimp

« Reply #1728 on: June 21, 2017, 10:54:11 AM »

Terrible tragedy

Also: I've seen some "woke" keyboard warriors on Twitter screaming about how mourning Otto is only because of his "white privilege," many of the same who gleefully mocked him last year when he was captured because in Asia, "white privilege" doesn't protect you, or something.

I wanted to get off my chest here what an execrable position this is to take after a man was murdered by a criminal regime, and that this flies awfully close to the line of logic that blacks "had it coming" when they are gunned down by the police.

/endrant

Very sad.

Most American visitors are safe so long as they visit at a time of relative calm and take no action that could be mistaken as a stand against the regime. Many visitors simply can't bring themselves to act apolitically once there.

Relative calm ?
When is there ever "relative clam" in North Korea. It seems that everyday their official government-controlled news talks about nuking the USA, with an accompanying video showing a mushroom explosion over The White House or The Capitol.

North Korea is a terrible place, and the horrible direction it has gone since the Korean War should be a lesson for all nations. But it is hard for me to see criticism like the above coming from my fellow Americans and take it as credible when we live in the same nation that actually bombs people on a daily basis, and where Sheriff Clarke is considered for high government positions instead of incarcerated in his own jail awaiting trial.

Perhaps we should pay less attention to the daily hate for people on the far side of the world, and take off the comfortable blinders we wear at home.

What's the problem?
BRTD
Atlas Prophet
Ukraine

Political Matrix

P P
« Reply #1729 on: June 21, 2017, 11:51:39 AM »

Uh, claiming the US is equivalent to North Korea and citing a single sheriff as why no American can criticize any country anywhere? It might've made sense directed at an actual supporter of Sheriff Clarke.
publicunofficial
angryGreatness
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #1730 on: June 21, 2017, 02:48:50 PM »

I wonder if trump will get any sort of "bump" from handel winning, as it may cause suburban bimbo republican women soccer moms to jump back on bandwagon.
RINO Tom
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix
E: 2.45, S: -0.52

« Reply #1731 on: June 22, 2017, 04:40:33 PM »

Is this dude Scots-Irish, the same as Cotton?

Either that or Sanchez when he hasn't the devil's lettuce for a few hours. Is Sanchez ScotsIrish?

Typically, Scots-Irishmen are Appalachian and (predominantly Outer) Southern. It's a demographic, in my experience, which tends to refuse to take responsibility for the social disordered associated with it (opiates etc.) and can in no sense be considered a "master race".

Got real Nazi-ish real fast.
The world will shine with light in our nightmare
Just Passion Through
Atlas Legend
Norway

Political Matrix
E: -6.32, S: -7.48

P P P

« Reply #1732 on: June 22, 2017, 11:29:51 PM »

Modern secular social liberalism has at its root the same pitch as Satan gave to Eve: you know better than God, so why follow His rules? In a very literal way, social liberalism, atheism, libertarianism, etc. could all be labeled as Satanic and rightfully so.
The Self
Rookie
« Reply #1733 on: June 22, 2017, 11:43:43 PM »

Is this dude Scots-Irish, the same as Cotton?

Either that or Sanchez when he hasn't the devil's lettuce for a few hours. Is Sanchez ScotsIrish?

Typically, Scots-Irishmen are Appalachian and (predominantly Outer) Southern. It's a demographic, in my experience, which tends to refuse to take responsibility for the social disordered associated with it (opiates etc.) and can in no sense be considered a "master race".

Got real Nazi-ish real fast.

Yeah, mocking someone declaring his people "the master race" is real Nazish. In related news, the Queen of England has announced her loyalty to the Bishop of Rome.
MASHED POTATOES. VOTE!
Kalwejt
Atlas Institution

« Reply #1734 on: June 23, 2017, 06:06:20 PM »

No

BRTD
Atlas Prophet
Ukraine

Political Matrix

P P
« Reply #1735 on: June 23, 2017, 06:36:24 PM »

Greens. Van der Bellen will need a sizable majority.
NOVA Green
Oregon Progressive
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #1736 on: June 23, 2017, 07:27:16 PM »

X Motioned seconded
This account no longer in use.
cxs018
Junior Chimp

« Reply #1737 on: June 23, 2017, 08:27:26 PM »

As much as I dislike AAD, it's still a very bad post; besides they link to ours, so why shouldn't we do the same?
Mr. Morden
Atlas Legend
United States

« Reply #1738 on: June 23, 2017, 08:41:44 PM »

As much as I dislike AAD, it's still a very bad post; besides they link to ours, so why shouldn't we do the same?

Why should we?  I've certainly made my share of inane posts over the years, but copy/pasting stuff from other forums and posting it here just because it's a bad post?  Seems kind of ridiculous, IMHO.  Unless it's bad in a particularly funny way.
The Other Castro
Castro2020
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #1739 on: June 23, 2017, 09:13:36 PM »

There are enough bad posts here as it is, no need to outsource for more.
MASHED POTATOES. VOTE!
Kalwejt
Atlas Institution

« Reply #1740 on: June 24, 2017, 10:51:20 AM »

Because, IIRC, posting stuff from other forums is against the ToS, or at least used to be considered as such (/buzzkill)
Mr. Morden
Atlas Legend
United States

« Reply #1741 on: June 24, 2017, 12:50:55 PM »

Because, IIRC, posting stuff from other forums is against the ToS, or at least used to be considered as such (/buzzkill)

I'm not aware of any such rule ever having existed.  Posting stuff from posters who are banned here is against the rules.  But aside from that, I don't know of any rule against it.  You could certainly make the case that quoting stuff from other forums for the purpose of pointing out how dumb the content in question is is bad netiquette, but against the rules?  I don't think so, unless that's a new rule.
BRTD
Atlas Prophet
Ukraine

Political Matrix

P P
« Reply #1742 on: June 24, 2017, 07:54:33 PM »

I'm glad he was fired. You shouldn't condone violence against others for their political opinions.

(The absurdity is not the quoted post, but that it was reposted in the high quality post thread.)
BRTD
Atlas Prophet
Ukraine

Political Matrix

P P
« Reply #1743 on: June 24, 2017, 09:40:12 PM »

Yes, but it won't really fix the situation.  To fix the healthcare market, you would have to make it a 100% private, free market system.  That, combined with repealing the safety net entirely, would actually cure poverty, instead of putting a Band-Aid on it.  Then, everyone could just go to the doctor and pay the cost out-of-pocket (I might also ban low-deductible insurance).  But, I would vote yes on anything that would defund Planned Parenthood (even if it was something that would do harm elsewhere, not that this falls into that category).  Planned Parenthood is more evil than Hitler and Osama Bin Laden combined in terms of how many lives they have killed.
If we get rid of medicare and medicaid, then tens of millions of people will not be able to afford to get any medical treatment which is shameful for the richest country on Earth.

If only President Johnson had not started the "War on Poverty" [sic] and family values had not declined in the 1960s and 1970s, poverty was on track to be fully extinct by the early 1980s.  If we get rid of all entitlements and successfully bring back family values, I think we can eradicate poverty entirely in 10 years, meaning that no one would ever not be able to afford health care.
BRTD
Atlas Prophet
Ukraine

Political Matrix

P P
« Reply #1744 on: June 25, 2017, 11:23:41 AM »

I've heard states that were founded on the basis of religion (such as Israel and the United States)
I've heard of states that were founded because of Nationalist reasons (such as the German Empire)
I've heard of states that were founded on the basis of decolonization (such as India)

A state that was founded on the basis of sexual orientation? No modern state was founded this way and I don't have good feelings about how this nation-state is going to last. Maybe the only way that this will work if the LGBTQ community starts up a stir to create their own nation-state. This would be a civil war on the eastern coast of the united states. This might be a very low chance, but if they do, this would be the first time in modern history that a county was founded on sexual orientation.

This new country would be extremely liberal and extremely tolerant society I would expect that some polygamists might come into the country. This state is very hostile to people that are heterosexual and spews propaganda against them. This country might last for about 50 years because of the very low birthrate (because you know). The low birthrate will cause this LGBTQ community to collapse.

I'm sorry if this response sounds like it belongs in another thread. I just let my imagination run wild on this one.   
BRTD
Atlas Prophet
Ukraine

Political Matrix

P P
« Reply #1745 on: June 25, 2017, 11:28:05 AM »

McKinney was called a conspiratorial extremist for asking very mild questions about Bush back when she was still a very mainstream figure, and was eventually shunned by everybody except the fringe for violating the post-9/11 consensus. It shouldn't be surprising she would embrace the only people who don't reject her.

She was just keeping it real, right Tara?

It's just basically psychology. People don't gravitate towards people who bash them repeatedly. That doesn't excuse her current views, but this "outrage" is really about 2002.
DavidB.
Atlas Icon
Israel

Political Matrix
E: 0.58, S: 4.26

« Reply #1746 on: June 25, 2017, 11:58:13 AM »

I've heard states that were founded on the basis of religion (such as Israel and the United States)
I've heard of states that were founded because of Nationalist reasons (such as the German Empire)
I've heard of states that were founded on the basis of decolonization (such as India)

A state that was founded on the basis of sexual orientation? No modern state was founded this way and I don't have good feelings about how this nation-state is going to last. Maybe the only way that this will work if the LGBTQ community starts up a stir to create their own nation-state. This would be a civil war on the eastern coast of the united states. This might be a very low chance, but if they do, this would be the first time in modern history that a county was founded on sexual orientation.

This new country would be extremely liberal and extremely tolerant society I would expect that some polygamists might come into the country. This state is very hostile to people that are heterosexual and spews propaganda against them. This country might last for about 50 years because of the very low birthrate (because you know). The low birthrate will cause this LGBTQ community to collapse.

I'm sorry if this response sounds like it belongs in another thread. I just let my imagination run wild on this one.   
Just as absurd for him to say that Israel was founded on the basis of religion. Doesn't get more American than that. Israel's founders were mostly atheists who didn't give a damn about religion.
Cashew
United States

« Reply #1747 on: June 25, 2017, 02:28:03 PM »

Lincoln's Republican Party was far more vicious.
Coolface Sock #42069
whitesox130
YaBB God
United States

Political Matrix
E: 4.39, S: 2.26

« Reply #1748 on: June 25, 2017, 05:11:54 PM »

Terrible tragedy

/endrant

Very sad.

Relative calm ?

...and with that one post, I immediately get why everyone hated Runeghost.
Sprouts Farmers Market ✘
Sprouts
Atlas Icon
Italy

Political Matrix
E: -4.90, S: 1.74

« Reply #1749 on: June 27, 2017, 10:42:23 AM »

That Waters guy or whatever on Fox is pretty funny, though.
Pages: 1 ... 65 66 67 68 69 [70] 71 72 73 74 75 ... 77  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies