The Klartext Landfill for Absurd, Ignorant, and Deplorable Posts VI
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
March 28, 2024, 01:01:47 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Forum Community
  Forum Community (Moderators: The Dowager Mod, YE, KoopaDaQuick 🇵🇸)
  The Klartext Landfill for Absurd, Ignorant, and Deplorable Posts VI
« previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 69 70 71 72 73 [74] 75 76 77
Author Topic: The Klartext Landfill for Absurd, Ignorant, and Deplorable Posts VI  (Read 149309 times)
Virginiá
Virginia
Administratrix
Atlas Icon
Ukraine

Political Matrix
E: -6.97, S: -5.91

WWW Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #1825 on: July 10, 2017, 12:09:36 PM »

Well to be fair I just think the idea behind the post is misguided. Plus, I think GoT was exaggerating the contribution Democrats are making, confusing the media with the party. I don't agree with many of my fellow liberals that the key to the success is to go overly positive with mostly policy talk. I get why people may think that - driving up Trump's negatives didn't help in 2016, but that's the thing - presidential elections are the exact kind of elections where you want to make your grand policy pitch to the people. You want to craft a theme that is easy to understand and touches home on issues important to the voters.

But now we're heading into a midterm election. These are historically referendums on the incumbent president, and driving down that president's approvals has rarely failed. This is especially true further downballot, where obscure candidates are picked in large part based on feelings of the president and their party.

The best strategy imo is probably this:

1. Make your pitch, tell them why you're better than the others.
2. Remind the voters that Trump is incompetent, corrupt and under investigation and that he needs to be checked because Republicans are letting him do whatever he wants. This appeals to people who disapprove of Trump. The bigger Trump's disapprovals are in the district, the more this should be pushed.
3. Rip Republicans a new one on healthcare, remind voters they are close to losing their insurance or paying more premiums if they keep Republicans in office. Offer an alternative.

Crumpets
Thinking Crumpets Crumpet
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix
E: -4.06, S: -6.52

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #1826 on: July 11, 2017, 04:16:04 PM »

Why does Kellyanne always look like a washed up country singer who woke up on a street bench after a hard night of drinking?

She looks scary. I have a lot of sympathy for her husband. Don't know how she manages to look like a zombie everytime, never seen anyone like her !
they don't love you like i love you
BRTD
Atlas Prophet
Ukraine

Political Matrix
E: -6.50, S: -6.67

P P
« Reply #1827 on: July 12, 2017, 09:01:50 AM »

Fortunately, I have more options on my ballot than these listed in the poll. If you don't know it already, I'm going to vote for the Free Voters (Freie Wähler).

Some things I find appalling about the major German parties:
CDU/CSU: unwilling to undertake major reforms
SPD: hypocritical and uninspiring
Die Linke: have some real nutjob politicians, but the more moderate reformist types are okayish
B90/Die Grünen: out of touch with the common people, no culture of open debate within the party
FDP: big-business lobbying organization
AfD: isolation won't get us anywhere
Really? You prefer Die Linke to the FDP and the Greens? I thought you were more of a Free Voters person who, of the bigger parties, prefers FDP.

You must be logged in to read this quote.
Yeah, Germany stopped doing that in the 1940s.

You must be logged in to read this quote.
Not all of them. It's more, in my opinion, the usual divide between Christian democrats and European liberals. The former are generally considered more right-wing because they are more populist or communitarian in ideology, which generally indicates not being overly centrist.
Harry
Atlas Superstar
Ukraine

« Reply #1828 on: July 12, 2017, 10:02:20 AM »

Booker supporting nuclear because the climate crisis is that bad makes me 💜💛💚💙 him even more!
JA
Jacobin American
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #1829 on: July 12, 2017, 10:55:53 AM »

Most definitely.

Unlike all the European/Scandinavian countries that many American Leftists like to highlight for their insignificantly "higher" standards of living, the United States is not run by theocratic despots nor attached to some xenophobic ethnic identity.

Also the fact that the United States went from being a literally uninhabited continent in 1800 to an urban country and the world's largest industrial power by the opening of the 20th Century is a strong testament to the ingenuity and determination of its largely immigrant population; there is no example of more rapid human/social development in world history.
MASHED POTATOES. VOTE!
Kalwejt
Atlas Institution

« Reply #1830 on: July 12, 2017, 05:15:05 PM »

Classic Nasollah

Incompetence without malice is justifiable, especially under the circumstances of Trump.
Atlas Has Shrugged
ChairmanSanchez
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix
E: 5.29, S: -5.04

« Reply #1831 on: July 12, 2017, 09:31:40 PM »

Classic Nasollah

Incompetence without malice is justifiable, especially under the circumstances of Trump.
You just inspired a new nickname. The Nasotollah!
Unconditional Surrender Truman
Harry S Truman
Atlas Icon

« Reply #1832 on: July 12, 2017, 09:57:06 PM »

Most definitely.

Unlike all the European/Scandinavian countries that many American Leftists like to highlight for their insignificantly "higher" standards of living, the United States is not run by theocratic despots nor attached to some xenophobic ethnic identity.

Also the fact that the United States went from being a literally uninhabited continent in 1800 to an urban country and the world's largest industrial power by the opening of the 20th Century is a strong testament to the ingenuity and determination of its largely immigrant population; there is no example of more rapid human/social development in world history.
LOL.
morgieb
Junior Chimp
Australia

Political Matrix
E: -7.87, S: -8.70

« Reply #1833 on: July 14, 2017, 02:51:12 AM »

Yuck, I'm not going to be able to enjoy his music now.

You enjoyed his music in the first place?

Of course. "All Summer Long" is a fantastic song.

For once R2D2 is in the right re: music. And if you wanted to listen to All Summer Long, why not Sweet Home Alabama? Or even better, Werewolves of London?
This account no longer in use.
cxs018
Junior Chimp

« Reply #1834 on: July 14, 2017, 04:31:31 AM »
« Edited: July 14, 2017, 10:54:01 AM by TexasGurl »

She's hot but that's about all positive I can say about her.

Her and Tulsi Gabbard are disappointing...we need a hot Democratic Congresswoman who's also a solid progressive hero.

It's not just you; Iv'e noticed it as well.
BRTD
Atlas Prophet
Ukraine

Political Matrix

P P
« Reply #1835 on: July 14, 2017, 11:49:15 AM »

What's deplorable is unironically linking to this garbage.
President of the civil service full of trans activists
Peebs
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #1836 on: July 14, 2017, 11:50:10 AM »

They're not mutually exclusive.
Since I'm the mad scientist proclaimed by myself
omegascarlet
Junior Chimp

« Reply #1837 on: July 14, 2017, 01:08:56 PM »

Whataboutism. And that isn't good, but it ain't EnglishPete. I've actually walked it back as well, btw.
Since I'm the mad scientist proclaimed by myself
omegascarlet
Junior Chimp

« Reply #1838 on: July 14, 2017, 01:11:42 PM »

She's hot but that's about all positive I can say about her.

Her and Tulsi Gabbard are disappointing...we need a hot Democratic Congresswoman who's also a solid progressive hero.

It's not just you; Iv'e noticed it as well.

Context. I said "Is it just me, or did BRTD get a lot more deplorable lately" and the post was deleted entirely because it had an F-word elsewhere that could have easily been edited out.
This account no longer in use.
cxs018
Junior Chimp

« Reply #1839 on: July 14, 2017, 01:37:21 PM »

No doubt, but your smug, pretentious personality and constant whining about fringe issues that virtually nobody else cares about are rather deplorable as well.
The world will shine with light in our nightmare
Just Passion Through
Atlas Legend
Norway

Political Matrix
E: -6.32, S: -7.48

P P P

« Reply #1840 on: July 14, 2017, 10:13:51 PM »

Posting this here because this is by far the stupidest thing I've read this month.

For me, it depends.  I think that a few of my views get the bulk of my criticism, but I will always stand firm for what I believe in.  I also have been looking less and less at the US General Discussion forum, because it is all Russia conspiracy theories and a fundamental disagreement on what healthcare system is best (I think the most efficient would be the government having no role in health care).  Other forums aren't nearly as bad.  Atlas's predictions are always too bullish on Democrats, but I get that because we all think our party will win and there are more Democrats here.

On the other hand, I actually don't think being pro-life is that hard, but some call me out for focusing too much on that one issue (which is impossible, by the way).
>being pro-life
>wanting the government out of healthcare

pick one.

Abortion isn't health care.  Health care doesn't kill people.

Lack of healthcare does...

As I have explained over and over again, the mere existence of entitlements creates the need for them.  If we got rid of every last entitlement, people would have to adapt and the free market would do its magic.  I would actually perhaps consider banning all health insurance other than catastrophic coverage to actually set up a normal supply/demand system for health care.

(Well, if you don't count Trump's recent "transparent wall" idea.)
Chancellor Tanterterg
Mr. X
Moderators
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #1841 on: July 15, 2017, 08:53:16 AM »

Libertas is a fine, upstanding member of the AAD community, highly regarded, who has proven himself to be wholly reformed and seeking forgiveness from his past iniquities. He's simply an all around great guy with a lot (and I mean A LOT) of impactful insights to share.

Recently I've come to realize that he deserves to post here much, much more than at AAD. His posting style is more fitting and his words would no doubt instill a sense of wonder and awe in the new crop of Atlas posters.

He also does the maps sometimes, once, I heard? I have come to recognize that that kind of thing gives your collective scrote the goosepimples. He should post here! Exclusively, even! Unban The Man!
MASHED POTATOES. VOTE!
Kalwejt
Atlas Institution

« Reply #1842 on: July 15, 2017, 12:33:29 PM »

https://uselectionatlas.org/FORUM/index.php?topic=258690.0
BRTD
Atlas Prophet
Ukraine

Political Matrix

P P
« Reply #1843 on: July 15, 2017, 06:49:27 PM »

Is the city of Berlin very liberal like most cities, or is it a rare conservative-leaning city?
Santander
Atlas Star
United Kingdom

Political Matrix
E: 4.00, S: 2.61

« Reply #1844 on: July 15, 2017, 06:57:18 PM »

Is the city of Berlin very liberal like most cities, or is it a rare conservative-leaning city?
That is a beauty.
Atlas Has Shrugged
ChairmanSanchez
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix
E: 5.29, S: -5.04

« Reply #1845 on: July 15, 2017, 06:58:02 PM »

Libertas is a fine, upstanding member of the AAD community, highly regarded, who has proven himself to be wholly reformed and seeking forgiveness from his past iniquities. He's simply an all around great guy with a lot (and I mean A LOT) of impactful insights to share.

Recently I've come to realize that he deserves to post here much, much more than at AAD. His posting style is more fitting and his words would no doubt instill a sense of wonder and awe in the new crop of Atlas posters.

He also does the maps sometimes, once, I heard? I have come to recognize that that kind of thing gives your collective scrote the goosepimples. He should post here! Exclusively, even! Unban The Man!

Libertas is the ultimate whore. Arguably second to Opebo in terms of depravity and degeneracy. A very deplorable post indeed!
BRTD
Atlas Prophet
Ukraine

Political Matrix

P P
« Reply #1846 on: July 16, 2017, 08:37:37 PM »

I get why Obama was a good fit for the midwest (from Illinois and campaigned as a Berniecrat), but why was McCain a bad fit for the midwest?
Santander
Atlas Star
United Kingdom

Political Matrix

« Reply #1847 on: July 18, 2017, 09:03:54 PM »

Because most working class whites don't give two craps about criminals. They joyfully share stories about crackheads accidentally blowing themselves up in a methlab and say things like "Good riddance".

Liberals and African Americans get angry and say "WHITE PEOPLE DON'T CARE WHEN A COP SHOOTS A BLACK CRIMINAL!"

Well...I'll tell you something else. White people don't care when a cop shoots a WHITE criminal, either. I think white working class voters are very anti-crime. Period.
Goldwater
Republitarian
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix
E: 1.55, S: -4.52

« Reply #1848 on: July 18, 2017, 09:56:46 PM »

Santander
Atlas Star
United Kingdom

Political Matrix

« Reply #1849 on: July 20, 2017, 01:53:48 PM »

Technically nobody won the popular vote since nobody won more then 50 percent of the vote .
Pages: 1 ... 69 70 71 72 73 [74] 75 76 77  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies