The Klartext Landfill for Absurd, Ignorant, and Deplorable Posts VI (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 27, 2024, 05:20:24 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Forum Community
  Forum Community (Moderators: The Dowager Mod, YE, KoopaDaQuick 🇵🇸)
  The Klartext Landfill for Absurd, Ignorant, and Deplorable Posts VI (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: The Klartext Landfill for Absurd, Ignorant, and Deplorable Posts VI  (Read 150108 times)
Zinneke
JosepBroz
YaBB God
Belgium

« on: April 23, 2017, 05:53:26 PM »

Me thinks it's time to lock, Hash. Please.

Yeah, I'm ignoring the trolls now. Sorry.

Zinneke
JosepBroz
YaBB God
Belgium

« Reply #1 on: July 02, 2017, 03:46:35 AM »

What exactly is the question here?

Because obviously Trump is causing less damage to the US than Chavez did to Venezuela. But I'm not convinced that's because Trump is "better", it's rather that he's constrained by much better democratic institutions.

Had Trump come to power in a banana republic we can't know for sure how it would have turned out but I don't think there is good reason to think it would have been much different from Chavez' rule.

My goodness. I don't expect Hillary Clinton would have been much different from Chavez if she had "come to power in a banana republic" like Chavez did.
Zinneke
JosepBroz
YaBB God
Belgium

« Reply #2 on: July 30, 2017, 04:35:59 PM »

Sweden, Italy, Canada, Austria, Portugal, and Indonesia. New Zealand and Australia may change, as might Germany. I should also point out that calling Putin left wing or right wing is insane.

The ex-KGB agent is obviously center-left. He's allied with Assad, Kim, Xi, all the major left-wing powers, as well as the main anti-American powers like Iran, and the non-aligned powers like India. His main opponents are the right-wing Navalny at home and right-wing Ukrainian nationalists. The only exception is his support for the European and American far-right, but that's just an alliance of convenience to weaken the West. There's a reason why jfern loves him so much.

It deserves to be carved in stone, next to Ed Miliband's 10 centre-left commandments

Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies