The Klartext Landfill for Absurd, Ignorant, and Deplorable Posts VI (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 27, 2024, 08:56:57 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Forum Community
  Forum Community (Moderators: The Dowager Mod, YE, KoopaDaQuick 🇵🇸)
  The Klartext Landfill for Absurd, Ignorant, and Deplorable Posts VI (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: The Klartext Landfill for Absurd, Ignorant, and Deplorable Posts VI  (Read 150204 times)
LLR
LongLiveRock
Junior Chimp

« on: October 12, 2016, 07:21:01 AM »

Begone, Wulfric. A mere poster with the intellectual capacity of a squashed apricot can be of no use to us.

Then why is Oldiesfreak still here?
LLR
LongLiveRock
Junior Chimp

« Reply #1 on: October 15, 2016, 12:40:38 PM »

I may have my disagreements with Blair on a few issues, but I think he's a good person.

Haven't we confirmed that you're a sock
LLR
LongLiveRock
Junior Chimp

« Reply #2 on: October 15, 2016, 01:11:33 PM »

I may have my disagreements with Blair on a few issues, but I think he's a good person.

Haven't we confirmed that you're a sock

But I think we've confirmed you are a troll.

Me? I don't know why you'd think that...

I do love how obviously troll posters always accuse me of being a troll - nobody else does, of course. I also echo Scott's statements here.
LLR
LongLiveRock
Junior Chimp

« Reply #3 on: October 25, 2016, 07:35:03 PM »

Sorry, I should know better than to let my intense anti-British hatred come out.

But I stand by it, British comedy is crap.

I'm not saying you're wrong, but Numberwang
LLR
LongLiveRock
Junior Chimp

« Reply #4 on: October 26, 2016, 06:30:02 AM »

A false equivalence like this one should go here...

Guys, calm down! I think the OP just wanted to advert in a satirical way to the arrogance genuine homophobes exhibit every day. His avatar is a green one, plus he's from Alaska, thus he can't be homophobic.

"Ignorant" category, methinks.
LLR
LongLiveRock
Junior Chimp

« Reply #5 on: October 27, 2016, 06:12:11 AM »

So...at work today, my boss made it public who he is voting for, my boss is Chinese and is voting for TRUMP and basically called us Hillary and Stein supporters idiots...fun day.
We'll deport him last when we win.
I seriously do not understand how anyone could have a problem with this post.

It's a joke made in slightly poor taste. Personally, I think it's funny, but some people see a Santander post and, for whatever reason, assume it's verbatim what you mean to say. Lighten up, folks.
LLR
LongLiveRock
Junior Chimp

« Reply #6 on: November 06, 2016, 06:26:02 PM »

Very similar to me.  I actually dislike Trump as a person and all things equal prefer Clinton policies overall when compared to Trump but will vote for him for being anti-PC.  Also I want to vote for White consolidation.

Is he a West Virginian?

He's a fat-cat capitalist from Scarsdale who was born in Taiwan - "white consolidation", amirite?
LLR
LongLiveRock
Junior Chimp

« Reply #7 on: November 15, 2016, 09:27:19 PM »

Donald Trump (R-NY) / Michael Pence (R-IN) - 300 EVs, (47.1%)
Hillary Clinton (D-NY) / Tim Kaine (D-VA) - 238 EVs, (48.4%)
Gary Johnson (L-NM) / William Weld (L-MA) - 0 EVs, (4%)
Evan McMullin (I-UT) / Mindy Finn (I-TX) - 0 EVs, (1.1%)
Jill Stein (G-MA) / Ajamu Baraka (G-IL) - 0 EVs, (0.3%)

My gut says Trump will now win. I think MN, NH, & PA are a bit bold. and could easily go for Clinton.

But let me explain:

MN- Dissatisfied with Obamacare, Midwestern, progressive (They won't fall for Hillary), and White.
PA- Turnout will be high in the Pittsburgh metropolitan area and Central PA, while Trump will win a few counties (Bucks, Lehigh, & Luzerne) in the East. Turnout will be lower in Philadelphia and among AAs overall. This should be enough for Trump to flip the state.
NH- White, Hillary's primary loss, and just my own intuition. I'll probably be wrong on this one though.

Utah will be close and I think Trump will narrowly win the state against McMullin & Clinton splitting the vote enough.

We need to offer Spark an apology for putting this in here

He missed 5 states or something. No apologies necessary.
LLR
LongLiveRock
Junior Chimp

« Reply #8 on: December 25, 2016, 02:19:25 PM »

Jesus, easily. He wasn't some gun toting, capitalist, nationalist with an authoritarian personality like most of his American followers. Charles Darwin, while I undeniably concur with his theories (and no, he wasn't some radical social Darwinist), was more preoccupied with biology than any social or economic matters. His values probably most closely aligned with those of 19th century England - no thanks.
I mean I see the issue with the rest but whats wrong with "gun toting"?

Identity politics. Having grown up and lived all of my life around such people, I don't deny possessing a bias against them in general. That doesn't mean all people who own a gun are bad (to me), only that those in that general gun loving culture are.
Identity culture is just as gay on the right as it is on the left. Probably more so. Maybe less cartoonishly ridiculous but at least as cartoonish.

A series of bad posts, but I bolded the worst.

(Isn't some Atlas gay mafia supposed to take care of people who say things like this?)

You must be logged in to read this quote.
I mean, I see the problem with the rest, but what's wrong with fried chicken-eating?
Identity politics. Having grown up and lived all of my life around such people, I don't deny possessing a bias against them in general. That doesn't mean all people who eat fried chicken are bad (to me), only that those in that general thuggish culture are.[/quote]
[/quote]

There's a big difference between eating fried chicken and owning a murder weapon?
LLR
LongLiveRock
Junior Chimp

« Reply #9 on: January 30, 2017, 08:38:43 AM »
« Edited: January 30, 2017, 09:38:18 AM by LongLiveRock »

Oh please. Atheists have the world's biggest chip on their shoulder. They face basically zero challenges in this secular country outside the deepest south and when they try to pry their way into religious organizations. Atheists tend to be "better educated" and wealthier on average yet try to pretend they're disadvantaged and oppressed. Give me a break.

-That description applies much better to Jews than atheists, though it does not apply well at all to either of them.

-That's not absurd or ignorant.

Seconded

Oh, come on. It's incredibly absurd. Jews have been oppressed around the world for millennia. In half the goddamn world, it's still the case, including much of America. I'm sure Sunrise could make a better post here than me here, so I won't say too much, but ugh...

It's an anti-Semitic comment, plain and simple. There's plenty of reasons it's ignorant, absurd, and incorrect.
LLR
LongLiveRock
Junior Chimp

« Reply #10 on: February 02, 2017, 09:14:29 PM »

What is a transgender marriage? legitimately confused.
LLR
LongLiveRock
Junior Chimp

« Reply #11 on: February 04, 2017, 09:15:27 PM »

-That's truly an awesome one. Are there any Republican mods (other than that other R-MI)?

Muon, Cathcon, Andrew, TJ. Dallasfan is a libertarian. ag, Alcon, gustaf, Morden, and LV are all independent/moderate/apolitical
LLR
LongLiveRock
Junior Chimp

« Reply #12 on: March 02, 2017, 09:37:37 PM »

In protest of Virginia's appointment as a mod, I shall leave this board for three days, starting now.

Wow - today just got a lot better
LLR
LongLiveRock
Junior Chimp

« Reply #13 on: March 03, 2017, 07:16:51 AM »

In protest of Virginia's appointment as a mod, I shall leave this board for three days, starting now.

Virginia for modadmin!

I do love that Morden no longer has to be unbiased now that he's left his moderating duties. Yet another good thing coming out of this scenario.
LLR
LongLiveRock
Junior Chimp

« Reply #14 on: March 04, 2017, 01:00:04 PM »

Kingpo's posts in that thread also apply
LLR
LongLiveRock
Junior Chimp

« Reply #15 on: March 26, 2017, 02:46:23 PM »

This guy is a parody, right?

LLR
LongLiveRock
Junior Chimp

« Reply #16 on: March 28, 2017, 06:16:40 AM »

Reminder that NSV, for however old he is, is such an abrasive asshole that he's not a respected poster here and has very few friends and whatnot. Given his claims, he's definitely over 30. If you add Peebs and my age together you get 29. And we're a hell of a lot more respected than you are.
LLR
LongLiveRock
Junior Chimp

« Reply #17 on: March 28, 2017, 03:24:48 PM »

We'd probably run into similar problems if it was renamed after Famous Mortimer, so how about a poster just bad enough to deserve the title but not bad enough that he'd risk being banned. Maybe Santander.

If anything, the simple truths gallery should be named after Santander.

How about ShadowOfTheWave? He's truly the worst poster left on the site.
LLR
LongLiveRock
Junior Chimp

« Reply #18 on: April 08, 2017, 07:37:03 PM »

Anyone who doesn't have evergreen on ignore is doing Atlas wrong
LLR
LongLiveRock
Junior Chimp

« Reply #19 on: May 06, 2017, 01:08:29 PM »

liberals bashing Bernie Sanders is hard to wrap my head around

He's a problematic figure (as are most politicians from all sides of the political spectrum). We don't have to like people just because they're in our party (which he isn't even, so...)
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies