The Klartext Landfill for Absurd, Ignorant, and Deplorable Posts VI (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 27, 2024, 04:25:49 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Forum Community
  Forum Community (Moderators: The Dowager Mod, YE, KoopaDaQuick 🇵🇸)
  The Klartext Landfill for Absurd, Ignorant, and Deplorable Posts VI (search mode)
Pages: [1] 2
Author Topic: The Klartext Landfill for Absurd, Ignorant, and Deplorable Posts VI  (Read 150176 times)
Virginiá
Virginia
Administratrix
Atlas Icon
Ukraine

Political Matrix
E: -6.97, S: -5.91

« on: November 28, 2016, 11:52:34 PM »
« edited: November 28, 2016, 11:56:24 PM by Virginia »

The electoral college is not supposed to be a reflection of the nationwide popular vote. According to our system, Trump won, fair and square. Quit being a sore loser.

Are you saying that so long as Republicans continue losing the popular vote but winning the EC, no one can complain about how crappy the electoral college is?

Some of us have never liked the electoral college. At least a plurality of the nation keeps rejecting Republicans and yet they keep weaseling their way into office. Similar issues apply downballot.

If you think all of us are just going to sit here and accept the current system as is, as if it's a gift from God himself, you need to get your head on straight. I don't see the EC as sacrosanct like some others. It's not an acceptable election method to me, for the current situation, for the reason that electors can technically vote any way they want and because it places more value on the votes of others.

But, whatever. Republicans are the ones who have to eat the fact that both of their last presidents initially got into office against the will of the people.
Virginiá
Virginia
Administratrix
Atlas Icon
Ukraine

Political Matrix

« Reply #1 on: December 08, 2016, 12:42:22 PM »
« Edited: December 08, 2016, 12:43:54 PM by Virginia »

Go ahead and articulate what about my post was absurd, ignorant, bigoted or - this one should theoretically be the easiest for you, pal - "just plain awful."

Santander is submitting posts here that he simply disagrees with, even when the opposing assertion is not entirely unreasonable. Eg, America not being able to defeat PRC is not "absurd," especially given that it was a broad answer. PRC would lose in many respects but for instance an invasion of the Chinese mainland by America would most likely be doomed to catastrophic failure.

Or your post, for instance, which I wouldn't be surprised if he took umbrage at your tone with Russia. There is nothing awful or absurd about your post unless one endorses very, very liberal use of "awful" and "absurd" and so on.
Virginiá
Virginia
Administratrix
Atlas Icon
Ukraine

Political Matrix

« Reply #2 on: January 05, 2017, 09:51:34 PM »

God, please enough with the dynasty politics. Enough Clintons. Enough Bushs. Enough Kennedys.

I still seethe every time I think about how the parties tried to set us up for another Bush/Clinton race.

Actually now that I think about it Ivanka would be a good fit for New York. She's fiscally moderate while being more liberal on social issues.

"God, please enough with the dynasty politics (unless I like the person, then please elect the whole family!)"
Virginiá
Virginia
Administratrix
Atlas Icon
Ukraine

Political Matrix

« Reply #3 on: January 14, 2017, 02:43:37 PM »
« Edited: January 14, 2017, 02:47:36 PM by Virginia »

Context (bolded the part that makes this a terrible post):

Nothing will happen, His supporters are too deluded.

The men will only look up to him more for his tremendous womanizing skills. Plus, he's so rich that he can soak Obama hotel beds in urine and pay off the help the next day!

It was a joke in reference to him having a posse of women in his hotel room doing his bidding. In retrospect, its not as amusing to me with his other criminal antics considered. I'll modify to make that clear.
Virginiá
Virginia
Administratrix
Atlas Icon
Ukraine

Political Matrix

« Reply #4 on: February 15, 2017, 02:50:05 PM »

If a male here had said this............KAPOW!

yes but we have fem privileges in disparaging our fellow felines! i'd say that word is pretty tame/common too.
Virginiá
Virginia
Administratrix
Atlas Icon
Ukraine

Political Matrix

« Reply #5 on: February 20, 2017, 10:27:33 PM »

I feel a tad betrayed. Tom used to be kinda chill with the classism.

We all go too far once in a while. Why, just the other day I called someone a boob. Nothing but regret ever since!
Virginiá
Virginia
Administratrix
Atlas Icon
Ukraine

Political Matrix

« Reply #6 on: March 11, 2017, 12:22:52 AM »

The VRA is nothing more than a money making machine for trial lawyers. If Paul Ryan had any sense, he should stand for its immediate repeal.

It may be a far better use of resources to just assume whatever eharding is posting is awful, but here's for special one for the archives.
Virginiá
Virginia
Administratrix
Atlas Icon
Ukraine

Political Matrix

« Reply #7 on: March 11, 2017, 12:59:34 AM »

And yet you still don't get why I put that here.
Virginiá
Virginia
Administratrix
Atlas Icon
Ukraine

Political Matrix

« Reply #8 on: March 16, 2017, 03:32:13 PM »

Oh puhhh-leeezz Santander there is nothing wrong with that post. Stop using this thread for benign posts you simply don't like.
Virginiá
Virginia
Administratrix
Atlas Icon
Ukraine

Political Matrix

« Reply #9 on: March 16, 2017, 03:51:40 PM »

Oh puhhh-leeezz Santander there is nothing wrong with that post. Stop using this thread for benign posts you simply don't like.
I'd put your entire posting history here if I did. Smiley

Virginiá
Virginia
Administratrix
Atlas Icon
Ukraine

Political Matrix

« Reply #10 on: March 17, 2017, 10:10:41 AM »

The idea that every student, regardless of their interests and talents, should be forced to take engineering for two years is pretty stupid imo.

There are certainly grounds to disagree with his numbers but it seemed unreasonable to put the post in a thread dedicated to absurd/deplorable posts. IIRC Santander has, or at least had a habit of doing this.
Virginiá
Virginia
Administratrix
Atlas Icon
Ukraine

Political Matrix

« Reply #11 on: March 27, 2017, 10:52:51 PM »

oh you guys!
Virginiá
Virginia
Administratrix
Atlas Icon
Ukraine

Political Matrix

« Reply #12 on: March 28, 2017, 03:30:35 PM »

Shouldn't the thread title only change when someone new comes along to deserve the spot, regardless of the user status of the previous title holder?

Renaming to NSV seems too reactionary to last's night completely pointless hours-long argument.
Virginiá
Virginia
Administratrix
Atlas Icon
Ukraine

Political Matrix

« Reply #13 on: March 31, 2017, 11:49:24 AM »

Does this user serve any purpose other than to scream about "muh awful libruhls"?

He is basically the stereotypical hyper-partisan uncle on Facebook who believes any claim about Democrats so long as it comes in meme form, and always is very confident his party will win every presidential election for the foreseeable future, because those Democrats are so bad.
Virginiá
Virginia
Administratrix
Atlas Icon
Ukraine

Political Matrix

« Reply #14 on: April 14, 2017, 11:11:42 PM »

Go ahead!  It only proves how having actual steadfastly conservative positions is ridiculed here!

Then please explain how poverty will be eliminated within 5 years if we scrap every last bit of the social safety net, the only thing propping millions of people up right now. If that was the answer all along, why was anyone ever poor to begin with before we had those programs? You didn't even bother backing this statement up. Bootstraps alone won't magically solve everything.

All I can gather from this statement is either 1) you're a troll, 2) you're just heartless and you know damn well poverty will go through the roof, but since you got yours..., or 3) you honestly have no idea how the world works and just blindly think govt is the problem without having a clue why.

And the only thing this proves is how much ExtremeRepublican positions are ridiculed, and rightly so.
Virginiá
Virginia
Administratrix
Atlas Icon
Ukraine

Political Matrix

« Reply #15 on: April 14, 2017, 11:45:31 PM »

At that point, poverty suddenly stopped decreasing, and it is still at the 1960s levels today.  With the track that we were on, poverty would have likely been eradicated in America by 1980 if the government had never intervened in the first place.

Key word: likely. You didn't really prove your point. Maybe you're right, but by that logic it would be by dumb luck.

And what about Social Security? You left that out of your explanation. What about all those old people who can't work anymore and rely on that program for most or even all of their income? Poverty isn't restricted to working age adults. Further, just because you give some people access to things like Medicaid does not mean they are staying on it solely because it's easier. Many people simply don't have appropriate opportunities to provide for their families. The issue of poverty is so much more complicated than you are making it out to be.
Virginiá
Virginia
Administratrix
Atlas Icon
Ukraine

Political Matrix

« Reply #16 on: May 03, 2017, 01:24:38 PM »

I don't know, I think it depends. If I don't want to kiss, I'd prefer I be asked so I can decline. If I do want to kiss, I don't want to negotiate this exchange of spit. I just want to be kissed.

Suffice to say if someone goes to kiss me and I don't want it, I'll just move away and say no thanks and let it be that.
Virginiá
Virginia
Administratrix
Atlas Icon
Ukraine

Political Matrix

« Reply #17 on: May 06, 2017, 01:44:42 PM »

Someone like Bernie was bound to come along eventually. The Democratic Party needed a correction to its current direction, and as is usual, such corrections are rarely universally accepted by members of said party, particularly the old establishment order. It's not even like all people who are annoyed by Bernie dislike his ideas entirely, but more so that they feel he's disrupting and dividing the party, and possibly hurting chances at success. Some people may see that as not worth it, and some may see it as a necessary cycle in the transition to a party more concerned about the average voter and their concerns than placating wealthy people.
Virginiá
Virginia
Administratrix
Atlas Icon
Ukraine

Political Matrix

« Reply #18 on: May 22, 2017, 12:13:51 AM »

I wonder how many problems in America could be solved if the right people heard that and actually listened Tongue
Virginiá
Virginia
Administratrix
Atlas Icon
Ukraine

Political Matrix

« Reply #19 on: May 23, 2017, 12:16:20 AM »

Well, to be fair, age and time spent posting here should give someone some insight into what is acceptable or not - at least on this forum, anyway. Sure, people don't always benefit from that, but generally I think it is more understandable for a new, younger user to make undesirable comments if only because they haven't yet internalized what is appropriate.
Virginiá
Virginia
Administratrix
Atlas Icon
Ukraine

Political Matrix

« Reply #20 on: May 23, 2017, 10:52:26 PM »

cc: Irony ore mine given that it's coming from an embittered failson whose highest achievement in adult life is making the front page of r/cringe when he got his mother to comment on the size of his organ on Facebook.

What is it that makes social Darwinism so attractive to people who would almost undoubtedly be labelled as society's refuse?

What? I'd love to hear this story haha

Check your PM folder.

CC me on this?

me too
Virginiá
Virginia
Administratrix
Atlas Icon
Ukraine

Political Matrix

« Reply #21 on: June 05, 2017, 05:33:46 PM »

Nice. Smiley that's my phone's voice translator at work.

My only offense here is that cranberry would never, even if it at his oldest and bitterest, turn the kind of horrid human being kraz an is.

Ohhh, is this why your messages keep using the word "comma" instead of actual comma? Because that would make a lot more sense.
Virginiá
Virginia
Administratrix
Atlas Icon
Ukraine

Political Matrix

« Reply #22 on: June 30, 2017, 06:42:51 PM »

What, do liberals have to be SJWs now?

No, but not being a dick would be nice. That's an attribute people of all stripes would do well to share.
Virginiá
Virginia
Administratrix
Atlas Icon
Ukraine

Political Matrix

« Reply #23 on: July 07, 2017, 11:34:27 PM »

Petition to rename this thread after Thomas Jackson for being normie scum and an overall trash poster.

x Scott

Виргиния
Virginiá
Virginia
Administratrix
Atlas Icon
Ukraine

Political Matrix

« Reply #24 on: July 07, 2017, 11:59:34 PM »

[...] This thread is almost over. TJ can have the next one.

Oh wow, it is almost over. I didn't even notice that. Why does it seem like the fastest moving archive thread is always the one for bad posts? Sad
Pages: [1] 2  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies