The Klartext Landfill for Absurd, Ignorant, and Deplorable Posts VI (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 27, 2024, 04:41:55 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Forum Community
  Forum Community (Moderators: The Dowager Mod, YE, KoopaDaQuick 🇵🇸)
  The Klartext Landfill for Absurd, Ignorant, and Deplorable Posts VI (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: The Klartext Landfill for Absurd, Ignorant, and Deplorable Posts VI  (Read 150101 times)
Dr. Arch
Arch
Atlas Icon
Puerto Rico

« on: January 14, 2017, 10:28:10 PM »

Mitt Romney was wrong then and is wrong now. Putin is among the most moral current leaders of any present Great Power.

Is this real?
Dr. Arch
Arch
Atlas Icon
Puerto Rico

« Reply #1 on: February 10, 2017, 02:22:47 PM »

Welp, landfill has been renamed again.

Yup. That's what you get for posting social Darwinist drivel.

True. JJC has never gotten even close to the point of saying, "Well, let them die."
Dr. Arch
Arch
Atlas Icon
Puerto Rico

« Reply #2 on: February 23, 2017, 09:22:41 AM »

Iran, Iraq, and Syria are fighting ISIS, which gives them points in my book. Switzerland isn't part of the E.U. and has many referendums, which I like. The Baltics are there for the same reasons Cahcon points out, plus they keep unjustifiably fearmongering about Russia. Germany, Sweden, North Korea, and Cuba are all on there for the same reason: their governments keep shooting their people in the foot. The Philippines is there because of Duterte flipping off Obama.

You really should think about moving to Russia. You are completely out of step with our country.
Dr. Arch
Arch
Atlas Icon
Puerto Rico

« Reply #3 on: February 23, 2017, 06:23:00 PM »
« Edited: February 23, 2017, 06:24:43 PM by Arch »

Iran, Iraq, and Syria are fighting ISIS, which gives them points in my book. Switzerland isn't part of the E.U. and has many referendums, which I like. The Baltics are there for the same reasons Cahcon points out, plus they keep unjustifiably fearmongering about Russia. Germany, Sweden, North Korea, and Cuba are all on there for the same reason: their governments keep shooting their people in the foot. The Philippines is there because of Duterte flipping off Obama.

You really should think about moving to Russia. You are completely out of step with our country.

-Check who won in last year's elections.

My post was none of the things to be posted here. You yourself said that you would have moved to Russia if Hillary had won. Regardless of Trump's squeaked victory, most of your positions are not mainstream or even moderately accepted.
Dr. Arch
Arch
Atlas Icon
Puerto Rico

« Reply #4 on: February 28, 2017, 12:42:53 AM »

Most Democratic in New York
1. Bronx (88-10)
2. New York (86-10)
3. Kings (79-18)
4. Queens (75-22)
5. Tompkins (67-25)

Most Republican in New York
1. Wyoming (72-22)
2. Allegany (67-26)
3. Orleans (67-27)
4. Lewis (66-27)
5. Hamilton (66-28)

Not surprised the Bronx went so Dem. Its a sh*thole. God I hate going there. At least Manhattan and Brooklyn are bearable.

So says a rich, white suburban kid who's at least a little bit racist.

Yes, because its a beautiful place to live, go check it out sometime (Riverdale,Woodlawn, other white areas) don't count. The only nice areas of the Bronx are majority white, its just a fact my man.

I'm sure Wyoming county is a lovely place.

It is, I would rather live there, than any of the non-white areas of The Bronx. And you would to, if you ever go to The Bronx once in your life. Wink

Oh my lord
Dr. Arch
Arch
Atlas Icon
Puerto Rico

« Reply #5 on: March 01, 2017, 01:00:00 AM »

Bronz isn't hiding it anymore:

Beshear is a good man. A good white man.

He edited it real quick.
What's the problem with this? He just stated a fact.

The problem with it is in the pragmatics of the sentence. In linguistics, pragmatics is a subfield that covers the meaning of language in context, beyond semantic 1:1 word to definition correlations. When in the context of political discourse on a forum, using a racial adjective in a "a good white man" juxtaposed with the initial context of "a good man" leaves a sour subtext. It reads that race is somehow a pretext or justification for the fact that this specific man is "good," which can be read that a man who is absent of such a racial feature would likely not be. I could go into more detail if you like, but there's a reason why he rushed to correct it after re-reading it.

Below a summary of the subtle, yet significant, differences in interpretation:

Saying "Beshear is a good white man" alone is not the same as saying "Beshear is a good man. A good white man." The former reads as a mere fact, perhaps in contrast with other white men who probably aren't so good (mildly controversial still due to a potential sweeping statement interpretation, but not quite as bad). The latter reads as I explained it above.

Does that make sense?
Dr. Arch
Arch
Atlas Icon
Puerto Rico

« Reply #6 on: March 01, 2017, 02:27:56 PM »

HOT TAKE ALERT

In many ways, all politics throughout all history has just been about the mutual hatred between rural people and urban people, all ideology was just window dressing.

Dr. Arch
Arch
Atlas Icon
Puerto Rico

« Reply #7 on: March 02, 2017, 09:46:55 PM »

In protest of Virginia's appointment as a mod, I shall leave this board for three days, starting now.

Wow - today just got a lot better
Dr. Arch
Arch
Atlas Icon
Puerto Rico

« Reply #8 on: March 02, 2017, 11:20:05 PM »

In protest of Virginia's appointment as a mod, I shall leave this board for three days, starting now.

Three days is a little too short to truly incapsulate the injustice of all this, no? Why not three months? That would definitely show Dave Leip.

No. He needs to show he's serious, and he means it--3 years.
Dr. Arch
Arch
Atlas Icon
Puerto Rico

« Reply #9 on: March 17, 2017, 11:44:39 AM »

Oh puhhh-leeezz Santander there is nothing wrong with that post. Stop using this thread for benign posts you simply don't like.
I'd put your entire posting history here if I did. Smiley

Lmao 😂
Dr. Arch
Arch
Atlas Icon
Puerto Rico

« Reply #10 on: March 19, 2017, 03:48:26 PM »

Yawn, not news. Some minority millennials don't like him because their God Obama was demonized by Trump.

bronz finds another way to disrespect a group of people.
He's a centrist, alright? A moderate, if you will: moderately racist. Both sides do it. As long as he can point to one racist Democrat, it's okay for him to be racist.

He's right at the center of the extreme right.
Dr. Arch
Arch
Atlas Icon
Puerto Rico

« Reply #11 on: March 27, 2017, 09:46:56 PM »

I can only hope the Trump tax cuts come soon enough.

Why are you always bragging about how much money you make, complaining about having to contribute to social programs, questioning the societal worth of people with lower incomes, and then pretending as though it's a surprise that people would not take it well?  For someone who complains about personal attacks, you sure seem to enjoy dishing them out.

There are plenty of wealthy people who support the Democrats and manage not to make a spectacle of themselves by insulting the less fortunate.  You don't get a pat on the back for voting for the Democrats.  We don't care if you vote for the Republicans.  It sounds like you want to, so.... do whatever you want.

Your post is belied by the facts.  I have made posts responsive to your litany of personal attacks.   And btw, saying I hope a tax cut comes soon enough (which most people support) is not a personal attack on you, get over yourself.

If by people, you mean white people, then I guess so, but minorities would not support such outright racist policy initiatives.

tax cuts are racist now?  oh jesus, this country is really going to hell quicker than I imagined.

Yeah, no doubt, your whole conversation here has made me lose hope in it if it, in any way, reflects the kind of "political dialogue" that is taking place even with a Trump presidency.
Dr. Arch
Arch
Atlas Icon
Puerto Rico

« Reply #12 on: March 28, 2017, 12:17:56 AM »

"I pay for private security, why should everyone else get public protection from my tax dollars? Police officers don't work for free."

"Paying for your own stuff doesn't mean you shouldn't pay for everyone else to have it as well.  Suburban Voters own their own homes so therefore they should pay for Sprouts Farmers Market to have her own home too!"

I mean, that'd be a good start to America's problems. Utah has had notoriously modest success even if it is overstated

edit - UNAMERICAN political opinion.

America is a country of bigotry and hateful people like yourself. I wouldn't dream of having a political opinion in lines with American values.

Politically-speaking, you are the most confusing person (to me) I've ever met.
Dr. Arch
Arch
Atlas Icon
Puerto Rico

« Reply #13 on: March 28, 2017, 09:15:26 PM »

Even for Wulfric this is ridiculously stupid:

Don't take my position on one issue and try to assume my position on others.

I support contraception, including plan B and the morning-after pill. Under-18s should have to have parental permission to get plan B/morning-after, unless a judge says otherwise - just as would be needed for virtually anything else they want to do at that point in their lives. But no absolute minimum age is needed here as the only reason to take this stuff is to prevent pregnancy - and if no pregnancy exists, no harm done.

And I wouldn't try to ban anal homosexual sex, nor would I have done so in years past. Homosexual​ Sodomy and Fornication are an affront to God, yes, but has no possible effect on society as a whole, and therefore falls within a reasonable definition of separation of church and state.

I actually think McDonald's​ should be closed down by the government for having a mission to make people obese, and I do not eat there myself, period. I'm dead serious here.

-------------------

As far as television goes, this really gets into why I am cautious about transgender treatments in children. It's easy for kids to look at something on TV, think it's cool, and apply it to themselves, and this is no different. You should only get transgender treatments if you are actually trans - if you are a cis person who has taken trans treatments, then you have transformed yourself from the right gender to the wrong gender, worsening your state of health when you realize this many years later. And I know what you're about to say - "But society is mean to transgender people! No one would ever think it was cool!" - but that argument is getting weaker each day as society is getting more and more accepting of transgender people each day, increasing the chances for it to be viewed as cool, especially to children, who are often easily convinced of all sorts of things. By waiting until age 12 or 13 to allow transgender treatment, even with parental/court permission, we ensure that the child has a good amount of understanding regarding the purpose of the treatment, and greatly increase the chance that they are in fact trans and aren't just going through a phase they got from television or wherever. It's a pretty common sense policy.
That's enough word salad to solve world hunger.

Oh my good lord...

Dr. Arch
Arch
Atlas Icon
Puerto Rico

« Reply #14 on: April 09, 2017, 03:32:30 PM »

Just for comparison's sake, in Puerto Rico for as long as I can remember, all breakfasts and lunches are cooked on site and provided to children and staff, free of charge. Nobody has to worry about going hungry while studying, and it's a great thing. Imagine that.

And in America for as long as I can remember, it's been an option.  Pay a very, very small fee to have lunch provided or pack a lunch for the child to take.  Imagine that.

Dr. Arch
Arch
Atlas Icon
Puerto Rico

« Reply #15 on: April 15, 2017, 11:44:59 AM »

lmao. A good chunk of the Republican voter base have lost their sh**t if they're anything like these two exemplary citizens.
Dr. Arch
Arch
Atlas Icon
Puerto Rico

« Reply #16 on: April 17, 2017, 11:01:44 PM »

2020 election

President Donald J. Trump/Mike Pence: 447 EV - 52.4% PV

Senator Elizabeth Warren/Governor Roy Cooper: 91 EV - 47.0% PV

2024 election

Vice President Mike Pence/Former Senator Rick Santorum: 376 EV - 51.0% PV

Congressman Keith Elison/Former Governor Steve Bullock: 162 EV - 47.5 % PV

Ayyyy LMAO
Dr. Arch
Arch
Atlas Icon
Puerto Rico

« Reply #17 on: April 20, 2017, 10:38:12 PM »

I don't like Sessions, but he rightly figures he can tell Hawaii to F off with impunity. I don't blame him, as they'd probably think the same of him. Hawaii used to be very careful to show its loyalty to the United States by voting Republican once in a while (Nixon '72, Reagan '84) and not become the most Democratic state in the country. Since they've dropped that obeisance, they've lost some of their protection, too.

Context: Sessions referring to Hawaii as "an island in the pacific."
Dr. Arch
Arch
Atlas Icon
Puerto Rico

« Reply #18 on: May 14, 2017, 11:52:48 PM »

Millennials are not really a values group of people. They have the most out of wedlock babies in the U.S. generation, so this is not surprising. A lot of millennial women have 4 baby daddies in their lives. This is not surprising. There's a reason why this generation is the most whacked out, foolish generation in modern memory.

Don't worry bronz. All generations do it. Some at fewer rates and some at more, but they all do it.

Hope that satisfies your complex worldview Wink
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies