The Klartext Landfill for Absurd, Ignorant, and Deplorable Posts VI (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 27, 2024, 06:53:03 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Forum Community
  Forum Community (Moderators: The Dowager Mod, YE, KoopaDaQuick 🇵🇸)
  The Klartext Landfill for Absurd, Ignorant, and Deplorable Posts VI (search mode)
Pages: [1] 2
Author Topic: The Klartext Landfill for Absurd, Ignorant, and Deplorable Posts VI  (Read 150190 times)
White Trash
Southern Gothic
YaBB God

« on: October 25, 2016, 07:24:08 PM »

Sorry, I should know better than to let my intense anti-British hatred come out.

But I stand by it, British comedy is crap.

While I disagree, I respect your courage in saying that. There seems to be an internet-wide circle jerk over British comedy.
White Trash
Southern Gothic
YaBB God

« Reply #1 on: November 30, 2016, 02:20:50 PM »

This election was held just weeks after LBJ signed the Civil Rights Act. I assume the WWC voted in huge numbers against him, maybe 70-80%, given how they are mostly a load of brainless racist tossers?
White Trash
Southern Gothic
YaBB God

« Reply #2 on: November 30, 2016, 03:49:08 PM »

This election was held just weeks after LBJ signed the Civil Rights Act. I assume the WWC voted in huge numbers against him, maybe 70-80%, given how they are mostly a load of brainless racist tossers?

I'm certain that's sarcastic.
I'm sure it was. But his defense of it didn't seem to be quite as insincere.
White Trash
Southern Gothic
YaBB God

« Reply #3 on: December 06, 2016, 09:15:54 PM »

Nuke this thread.
White Trash
Southern Gothic
YaBB God

« Reply #4 on: December 18, 2016, 05:44:07 PM »

Isn't omegascarlet also pro-eugenics/"mandatory abortions"? So Mortimer's views aren't uncommon on this forum...

Pretty sure Scarlet dropped those views.
Yeah Scarlet had a few posts regarding it, and they were very reasonable.
White Trash
Southern Gothic
YaBB God

« Reply #5 on: January 05, 2017, 08:20:32 AM »

This technocratic obsession with "competence" and "qualification" as the being most crucial criterion in choosing political leadership, as if politics is nothing but a managerial job - as opposed to, you know, a question of choosing between values, ideas and models of society. This is one of the most insidious ideological tools for the promotion of neoliberalism.
Not a bad post.
Yeah, this really doesn't belong here.
White Trash
Southern Gothic
YaBB God

« Reply #6 on: January 11, 2017, 09:21:14 AM »

What does "unaffiliated" actually mean? Like, if you go to church at times but you're not a member of it yet you do self-ID as a certain denomination, are you considered to be unaffiliated?

Anyway, great to see quite some Congresspeople don't want to come out regarding their irreligiosity. It should not be normalized or promoted.

F**king disgusting.
Isn't an important part of atheism a rejection of trying to evangelize and convert others?
White Trash
Southern Gothic
YaBB God

« Reply #7 on: January 16, 2017, 06:26:25 PM »

Well hard for me to know when "all liberal all the time" is a literal description of my social circle and my workplace is so full of sons and daughters of refugees (Asians like pharmacy might sound like a stereotype...but it's actually true. At least Hmong.)
Stop it. Get some help.
White Trash
Southern Gothic
YaBB God

« Reply #8 on: January 30, 2017, 10:31:59 PM »

Why do so many people vote no on 1986? It was a revenue neutral tax reform plan that passed with broad bipartisan support.

But I would easily vote yes on both.

Cause the far left believes that all tax cuts are bad and the only good changes to tax laws is if you increase taxes.

That would be correct, especially if it's for the rich.

Lol.
This isn't bad. While I don't entirely agree with it, it certainly doesn't belong here.
White Trash
Southern Gothic
YaBB God

« Reply #9 on: February 08, 2017, 09:54:22 AM »

I still fail to see how what ag is arguing doesn't communicate some degree of contempt for democracy

Well, to begin with, I find referenda to be inherently anti-democratic. Should I continue?
...What?
White Trash
Southern Gothic
YaBB God

« Reply #10 on: February 16, 2017, 12:58:47 PM »

I know people are gonna groan, but if I go by the original question in the topic. No, run Tulsi Gabbard at the top of the ticket and balance it out with a solid VP Pick. Gabbard has crossover appeal to snag GOP voters. At the end of the day, the Democrats have to run against him in 2020. His foreign policy is horrendous and he's the person who represents us as a country to everyone else's world leader. It's embarrassing, Trump is a clown with a clowncar.
Just because you disagree doesn't mean it belongs here.
White Trash
Southern Gothic
YaBB God

« Reply #11 on: February 20, 2017, 10:10:40 PM »

I feel a tad betrayed. Tom used to be kinda chill with the classism.
White Trash
Southern Gothic
YaBB God

« Reply #12 on: February 21, 2017, 08:46:23 AM »

I mean what he said is literally your screen name though...
It is different when I use it towards myself in a self-deprecating sense given my background and upbringing.
White Trash
Southern Gothic
YaBB God

« Reply #13 on: February 21, 2017, 10:42:34 AM »

I mean what he said is literally your screen name though...
It is different when I use it towards myself in a self-deprecating sense given my background and upbringing.

Yes, it is.  Sorry, SG!
It's all good Smiley
White Trash
Southern Gothic
YaBB God

« Reply #14 on: March 01, 2017, 08:20:05 PM »

He isn't necessarily wrong. My entire ideology is based on hatred of cities and suburbs.
White Trash
Southern Gothic
YaBB God

« Reply #15 on: March 02, 2017, 05:36:52 AM »

He isn't necessarily wrong. My entire ideology is based on hatred of cities and suburbs.

thanks for posting directly into the deluge.

Yeah, sorry SG but that's a pretty awful thing to say.
I probably should've made gone a bit farther with the hyperbole. I meant it entirely as a joke and apologize to anyone I may have offended.
White Trash
Southern Gothic
YaBB God

« Reply #16 on: March 03, 2017, 07:13:49 AM »

In protest of Virginia's appointment as a mod, I shall leave this board for three days, starting now.
You aren't going to be Econ mod, just accept it.
White Trash
Southern Gothic
YaBB God

« Reply #17 on: March 03, 2017, 09:06:53 AM »

Interesting article here on Parallels between Milo and St Francis of Assisi

Article's actual content is irrelevant.
LOL
White Trash
Southern Gothic
YaBB God

« Reply #18 on: March 13, 2017, 02:07:54 PM »

My views are those of national liberation; they are by no means bum views.
There is a reason this thread is named after him.
White Trash
Southern Gothic
YaBB God

« Reply #19 on: March 27, 2017, 09:02:32 PM »

I vehemently disagree with Non Swing Voter's economic views but I am increasingly disturbed by the reality that almost no one here is interested in engaging with him without being wrathful and verbally abusive about it.
You reap what you sow. You're right in that I should probably be a bit more restrained and civilized when replying, but it's difficult to maintain your table manners when dining with Attila the Hun.
White Trash
Southern Gothic
YaBB God

« Reply #20 on: March 27, 2017, 09:08:10 PM »

I vehemently disagree with Non Swing Voter's economic views but I am increasingly disturbed by the reality that almost no one here is interested in engaging with him without being wrathful and verbally abusive about it.
You reap what you sow. You're right in that I should probably be a bit more restrained and civilized when replying, but it's difficult to maintain your table manners when dining with Attila the Hun.

Again, the feeling is mutual.  You basically single-handedly have shifted my views 10 notches to the right.  Your views work in an echo chamber here where most people share your exact belief because they are similarly situated.  Unfortunately for you, a lot more than "1%" of the population shares my views on taxes... and your cause is pretty much an epic failure right now... so you should probably try reaching out to more voters rather than flat out saying you don't want people who make a lot of money to vote democrat.  
I'm surprised that a bunch of poorly educated 20-year old welfare queens were able to change the views of a such a gentleman and scholar like yourself.
White Trash
Southern Gothic
YaBB God

« Reply #21 on: March 28, 2017, 12:03:42 PM »

Anyway, why is someone with a job going on political tirades at 3:30 in the morning.

And not just any job but a HIGH FLYING JOB in the PRIVATE SECTOR at that!
With not one but TWO Ivy League degrees! We BUMS are wasting this man's precious time!
White Trash
Southern Gothic
YaBB God

« Reply #22 on: March 28, 2017, 02:26:51 PM »

Name the thread after Non Swing Voter.
White Trash
Southern Gothic
YaBB God

« Reply #23 on: March 28, 2017, 03:24:36 PM »

We'd probably run into similar problems if it was renamed after Famous Mortimer, so how about a poster just bad enough to deserve the title but not bad enough that he'd risk being banned. Maybe Santander.
And Santander isn't a bad poster.
White Trash
Southern Gothic
YaBB God

« Reply #24 on: March 28, 2017, 04:12:21 PM »

Shouldn't the thread title only change when someone new comes along to deserve the spot, regardless of the user status of the previous title holder?

Renaming to NSV seems too reactionary to last's night completely pointless hours-long argument.
This isn't a one off instance. Non Swing Voter has been consistently a bad poster.
Pages: [1] 2  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies