The Klartext Landfill for Absurd, Ignorant, and Deplorable Posts VI (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 27, 2024, 03:21:47 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Forum Community
  Forum Community (Moderators: The Dowager Mod, YE, KoopaDaQuick 🇵🇸)
  The Klartext Landfill for Absurd, Ignorant, and Deplorable Posts VI (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: The Klartext Landfill for Absurd, Ignorant, and Deplorable Posts VI  (Read 150088 times)
Cashew
United States

« on: November 27, 2016, 02:55:43 PM »

Youtuber faux liberterian Stefan Molyneux says the US and other countries will eventually become Venezuela if they embrace Bernie Sanders style economics.

Fixed.
Cashew
United States

« Reply #1 on: November 27, 2016, 04:21:44 PM »

We still have a few principled Ron Paul followers around though.
Cashew
United States

« Reply #2 on: December 14, 2016, 07:51:55 PM »

If its nuclear war, then so be it.  No country takes advantage of the United States of America or makes us look like a fool.
Cashew
United States

« Reply #3 on: January 31, 2017, 01:14:31 PM »

Putting my personal biases aside, they look really bad when they keep on delaying his nominees. This is going to stick with them during midterms and Trump voters won't forget it.
Cashew
United States

« Reply #4 on: February 09, 2017, 06:16:56 PM »
« Edited: February 09, 2017, 10:22:38 PM by Cashew »

I am not a Trump supporter. I didn't vote for him. But your only conversation with me is trying to label me as such.

Says the Australian.
Cashew
United States

« Reply #5 on: February 09, 2017, 10:29:50 PM »

The democratic party did not abandon rural people... rural people are just attracted like a shiny object to the Republican message on guns, ISIS, the wall, and other nonsense that spews out of Trump's mouths, that will do absolutely nothing to provide real world benefit to them.  And now they will lose their health care.  Elections have consequences.

-Only a tiny fraction of Americans will lose healthcare from the repeal and replacement of Obamacare. Might hurt Senate candidates in Kerry states, but won't keep Trump from re-election.

I don't think that's true.  What are you basing that off of?  And what about the pre-existing condition thing... if that's gutted that's going to screw a lot of people.

-I'm strongly opposed to mandated coverage of pre-existing conditions anyway. Raises insurance costs for people without pre-existing conditions. Still not going to have a big electoral impact beyond 2018.

You are sadly mistaken about that. The elimination of pre-existing conditions is the most popular provision and it is effective. With that said, it doesn't look like a repeal will happen anytime soon if at all, so it seems as if the powers that be are aware of the danger of repealing health care.

-It's frankly nutty. Insurance companies are not welfare agencies.

I didn't say they were, genius. People who pay premiums should be allowed to buy insurance even if they have a pre-existing condition.

-Insurance companies should not be forced by the government to cover pre-existing conditions.

What is your plan for people with pre-existing conditions?

-Let them pay out of pocket for those conditions. I've always felt that those who use the most of a service should pay for it most, except in cases where that service has desirable externalities.

I just wish every Republican were as honest as you.

Many people could not pay out of pocket for those conditions.  Is the GOP prepared to suggest to folks that they will just have to suffer, and, perhaps, die before their time, after a period of diminished quality of life?

-I suggest letting the states decide on what to do about the sick who are not able to earn enough to pay for their treatment expenses.
What do you advocate that the state you live in do?

-I say let them remain untreated then, but wouldn't mind too much if the state legislature ignores my advice -they have careers.
Cashew
United States

« Reply #6 on: February 09, 2017, 10:49:20 PM »

Come on, Cashew, do you really wish every Republican was as honest as I or not? Conservatism is an ideology of the strong.

What gives you the authority to define what conservatism is? I could just as well go farther and define a true conservative as a supporter of monarchism. In the United States I would agree, social Darwinism is the dominant strain on the right, no matter how much they deny it, but most true right wingers worldwide are are their core collectivist, not classically liberal individualists.
Cashew
United States

« Reply #7 on: February 09, 2017, 11:04:54 PM »
« Edited: February 09, 2017, 11:07:05 PM by Cashew »

Come on, Cashew, do you really wish every Republican was as honest as I or not? Conservatism is an ideology of the strong.

What gives you the authority to define what conservatism is? I could just as well go farther and define a true conservative as a supporter of monarchism. In the United States I would agree, social Darwinism is the dominant strain on the right, no matter how much they deny it, but most true right wingers worldwide are are their core collectivist, not classically liberal individualists.

-Monarchism is also an ideology of the strong (the princes in particular).

Not today. There was once a time when they would actually have to struggle for their role, and govern, which was somewhat respectable. What is more contemptuous is this "Divine right of kings" which is a blatant attempt to kick down the ladder of social mobility for future and more worthy rivals. Nowadays however they get subsidized for having accomplished nothing, and have no threat to their throne, nothing strong about that.

But anyway, I wasn't really disputing the monarchy thing, just pointing out how absurd it is for you to attempt to monopolize the definition of conservatism.
Cashew
United States

« Reply #8 on: February 11, 2017, 10:04:43 PM »

Appeals to tradition, Everywhere!

Heck no , the senate is not supposed to be representative of populations it's supposed to be representives of the states

Of course not. The Senate works fine as it is. Stop complaining because your cities-only strategy is locking you out of it, Democrats.

Democrats?

Amazing how nobody has managed to present a moral argument as to why some people should be better represented than others. 23 posts and nothing aside from DavidB's political expediency comment. Simply amazing.

If it ain't broke, don't fix it

-Ancient Chinese proverb

Most Federal states have a system somewhat like this.
Cashew
United States

« Reply #9 on: February 14, 2017, 05:02:15 PM »

Well mine is literally not an appeal to tradition. I'm talking about current countries.

You're right, although I would have honestly put your entire post here, no offense.
I don't care if someone puts my post here, I care that they at least give a legitimate reason. Appeal to tradition has no relevance to my post.

Yeah it was pretty inaccurate, I couldn't think of the more fitting term Argumentum ad populum at that moment though, apologies for that.
Cashew
United States

« Reply #10 on: February 24, 2017, 09:53:20 PM »

One of the greatest FF of all time. If Trump succeeds, her life will have represented the pinnacle of the American dream. Hillary and Trump have exposed the true depths of fear, prejudice and misogyny in the American tragedy, even in our hallowed institutions such as the FBI, to everyone and even to herself.

How delusional.

FBI hallowed, Lol.
Cashew
United States

« Reply #11 on: February 28, 2017, 08:28:15 PM »

I'd be furious if this happens, they should all be deported.

You're not an American. Deal with it.

The neocon wants foreigners to but out.
Cashew
United States

« Reply #12 on: February 28, 2017, 09:21:18 PM »

I'd be furious if this happens, they should all be deported.

You're not an American. Deal with it.

The neocon wants foreigners to but out.

Such a post would belong in the irony oremine, if anywhere at all.

Such a thing actually exists?

Fixed Embarrassed

Cashew
United States

« Reply #13 on: March 02, 2017, 02:00:36 AM »

This could possibly be the one positive legacy that Trump could leave for his successor, at least when it concerns foreign policy -a defanged North Korean regime.  And  if Kim Jong-un really badly miscalculates, possibly a regime change.  

But North Korea has artillery pointed and ready at the capital of South Korea at all times... it would take them about 10 minutes to kill millions of South Koreans.

Is it worth to go pre-emptive and have the lives of millions on your hands?

The "sea of fire" has been repeatedly debunked time and time again, yet this keeps coming up. Few of their artillery can actually reach Seoul, and that's assuming the more modern ones actually actually work! Of course there will be thousands of civilian deaths, but millions? Simply absurd.

Speaking lightly of "thousands of civilian deaths" like it's nothing. Why are Americans so bloodthirsty?  North Korea has killed precisely zero Americans.

Overlooking the plight of hundreds of thousands trapped in gulags, how can you be so stone hearted Beet? How can a human think be this way?Cry

It's not so nice when the other side tries to poison the well is it?

Look, you're literally advocating mass murder. Why? Presumably you have a comfortable life in California, almost certainly no North Korean has personally bothered you, or harmed you in any way. Yet you want them dead. Why not just live your life, and let others live theirs?

The exact argument can be said in reverse, silence in the face of injustice is consent. I however will not debase myself and call you murderer for taking that stance. I am disappointed that you are incapable of keeping yourself composed when you are confronted with the same kind of language you used to incite a reaction out of me.

You advocate for an unprovoked attack that, by your own admission, would result in the deaths of "thousands" of innocent civilians. What else is to be called but what it is? If it's our job to end injustice in the world, then let's start with Bashar al-Assad's regime in Syria, then continue on to Saudi Arabia, then continue on to Egypt and Iran. All of these would be easier than North Korea.

Do you admit that leaving North Korea alone will mean tens of thousands more dying in gulags? Yes or no question.

I admit to wanting our country to live in peace. I admit that we should stop being the world's policeman, as Trump campaigned on, and that we should focus on rebuilding the middle class here at home, as Trump campaigned on. I don't want to see our brave young men and women dying in another distant, far off war, especially a land war in Asia against a nuclear power. I think we should mind our own business and focus on domestic healing and reconciliation. That's what I'll admit to.

Beet tries to save face after being cornered with his own rhetoric.
Cashew
United States

« Reply #14 on: March 07, 2017, 05:58:39 PM »

Was she the best choice for the nominee of the Party in 2016 in an anti-establishment year?

Who says Bernie would have been better? Remember, Feingold lost to Johnson in Wisconsin. It's not guaranteed Bernie would have won. Trump had to fend off 16 tough GOP candidates and then took on the Clinton machine, something Bernie could not do.
Cashew
United States

« Reply #15 on: March 25, 2017, 12:48:52 AM »
« Edited: March 25, 2017, 12:54:11 AM by Cashew »

It appears Republicans are moving on to their next agenda item, tax reform, so I think now is a good time to talk about where and how we think it might go.  Will the Freedom Caucus and moderates clash once more, scuttling Republican consensus, or will it be much easier to find areas of agreement on this issue than health care reform?  Might some Dems vote in favor of a bill they come up with? Share your thoughts.

Well, 12 conservadems voted for the 2001 Bush tax cut. Feinstein is the only one still in the Senate.

Feinstein the blue dog. I can see what he's trying to say, but what terrible terminology!
Cashew
United States

« Reply #16 on: April 21, 2017, 03:06:55 PM »

Everyone is going to support whatever electoral system is best for their party, which is fine and the way things should be.  I would hardly call it crazy for Nebraska to move to the system that 48 states use.
Cashew
United States

« Reply #17 on: June 25, 2017, 02:28:03 PM »

Lincoln's Republican Party was far more vicious.
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies