The Klartext Landfill for Absurd, Ignorant, and Deplorable Posts VI (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 01, 2024, 02:58:33 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Forum Community
  Forum Community (Moderators: The Dowager Mod, YE, KoopaDaQuick 🇵🇸)
  The Klartext Landfill for Absurd, Ignorant, and Deplorable Posts VI (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: The Klartext Landfill for Absurd, Ignorant, and Deplorable Posts VI  (Read 151802 times)
Torie
Moderators
Atlas Legend
Ukraine

Political Matrix
E: -3.48, S: -4.70

« on: October 18, 2016, 08:32:45 AM »

Deplorable State outside The Big Easy.

So every state you disagree with politically is deplorable? Come on, you're better than this.

No, just most southern ones.

This is getting old. Until 2008, most people on this forum were probably calling VA and NC deplorable states.

In my defense, the South sucking goes back to 1607, and improving only nominally on its own since.

Fixed, in a sense.

but in fairness, a number of nortnher n statges had slavery well after then. ergo my choice of date. combine slavery with teason and you've got a largely deplorable region .

NY had slavery until 1827.  And guess where slaves were the highest percent of the total population in 1700 in what became the US? Yep, you guess it, Long Island, where about 50% of the total population were slaves. LI is the northernmost reach of the Tidewater belt where the soil conditions and the flat topography, made slavery more economically more profitable. So much about the story of slavery is about following the money. Humans do horrible things for money.
Torie
Moderators
Atlas Legend
Ukraine

Political Matrix

« Reply #1 on: April 07, 2017, 02:17:47 PM »
« Edited: April 07, 2017, 02:49:45 PM by Torie »

Yes, reposting personal attacks, even by the victim, is really not appropriate - even on the FC board. I guess the perp poster doesn't know that I have zero tolerance for personal attacks, and that one who does it with some frequency on boards for which I am responsible, will have me lobbying for a ban.
Torie
Moderators
Atlas Legend
Ukraine

Political Matrix

« Reply #2 on: April 07, 2017, 05:03:14 PM »

I reported it and also quoted it here. Hate me.

Among others. It was a gang bang report. Smiley
Torie
Moderators
Atlas Legend
Ukraine

Political Matrix

« Reply #3 on: April 07, 2017, 05:11:28 PM »

I reported it and also quoted it here. Hate me.

Among others. It was a gang bang report. Smiley
Any action being taken?

One infraction such as this does not a punishment make. All we ask is for some semblance of civility. There is no need to get personal.
Torie
Moderators
Atlas Legend
Ukraine

Political Matrix

« Reply #4 on: May 10, 2017, 08:05:29 AM »

I'm not sure Classic Conservative is necessarily ban-worthy on his own merits but if every attempt to discuss how to respond to his abhorrent views is going to turn into a drawn-out fracas then the forum might well be better off with him gone.

One can always choose not to engage at all with certain posters.  I have done that from time to time. Yeah, sometimes it took some deep breathing not to lash out, and then lash out some more, but it can be done.
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies