The Klartext Landfill for Absurd, Ignorant, and Deplorable Posts VI (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 27, 2024, 04:32:23 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Forum Community
  Forum Community (Moderators: The Dowager Mod, YE, KoopaDaQuick 🇵🇸)
  The Klartext Landfill for Absurd, Ignorant, and Deplorable Posts VI (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: The Klartext Landfill for Absurd, Ignorant, and Deplorable Posts VI  (Read 150099 times)
Technocracy Timmy
YaBB God
United States

« on: March 02, 2017, 11:39:19 PM »

In protest of Virginia's appointment as a mod, I shall leave this board for three days, starting now.

Wow - today just got a lot better

He's just doing it to help in his quest of decreasing his posts per day stat.
Technocracy Timmy
YaBB God
United States

« Reply #1 on: March 09, 2017, 08:39:43 PM »

They've clearly embraced the label (along with the now-infamous "deplorable") as a badge of honor and successfully weaponized it against us. And it's paid off for them handsomely, if the number of elected offices in the US held by the GOP is any indication.

Rule #1 in electoral politics (or at the very least, one of the top 5): Never give the opposition a chance to paint you as an arrogant, condescending elitist who is out-of-touch with the uh, "commoners." For any political party, this can be a real albatross; for a left-wing or at least, vaguely center-left party whose policy platform is designed for the benefit of the "common people" (in theory if not always in practice) and whose representatives have traditionally styled themselves as representing the interests of the People against the rich, the powerful, and the privileged, this can be fatal.

And to those who say that "why does it matter what I say about Republican voters, I'm not a politician or running for office": A lot of Republican voters (and more importantly for these purposes, downscale voters (even if only relatively downscale) who may not be naturally inclined to vote Republican but deeply resent any hint of smug condescension toward them from upper-middle class people with university educations - regardless of whether it comes from the Woke crowd or the National Review) editorial board) have this thing called the Internet. And they use it. And many of them read websites or forums like this one. And some of them even post on said forums - including this one.

I know that I've been far from perfect about this myself, and no, no one on the Democratic side has any obligation to start agreeing with Republicans or right-wing politics in general. Far from it. But can those of us who are of a Left-ish bent at least acknowledge the fact that for a critically large number of Americans - particularly Americans who vote - we have utterly failed in the sense that they genuinely don't believe that we have any respect for them as people (forget politics for a minute here)? And can we also agree that this has put the Democratic Party's electoral prospects at ALL levels of government in peril?

I think it's pretty obvious that the Democrats have failed at least as much as the Republicans have succeeded (isn't the Republican Party as a whole less popular than noted loyal Republican politico Donald Trump among the party's voters? lol). And I don't see how any supporter of Democrats could be remotely satisfied with this situation. What am I missing here?

The problem with what you're saying, which does have some good arguments to be made in your favor, is that really,  I don't have any respect for Republicans/Trumpers as people. They are willfully ignorant, lack empathy, and possess all the reasoning skills and self-awareness of a glob of mud. They have failed at being human beings.

I do not think any response or strategy that does not acknowledge up front that modern Republicans/Trumpers are terrible human beings has any chance at success. They have made it clear that empathy, reason, shame,  enlightened self-interest and all the other ways human beings use to peacefully resolve disputes are not anything they are interested in. They acknowledge (barely) laws and government only because they're the ones in control. They are, and will, continue to abuse the societal contract until it breaks. And then they'll use that as "justification" for more tyranny.

They can either go through the slow and painful process of educating themselves. (Not that I think it's very likely.) Or they can wait and end up the same way the last generation of fascists did at the end of WWII, when the rest of the world joined forces to punch fascism in the face.

Wow lol
Technocracy Timmy
YaBB God
United States

« Reply #2 on: March 27, 2017, 09:09:36 PM »

I vehemently disagree with Non Swing Voter's economic views but I am increasingly disturbed by the reality that almost no one here is interested in engaging with him without being wrathful and verbally abusive about it.

I've engaged with him a few times and it's never devolved into mudslinging.
Technocracy Timmy
YaBB God
United States

« Reply #3 on: April 21, 2017, 03:27:25 PM »

Just about every American post in the UK General Election thread belongs here.

You don't think the Raving Loony Green Giant Party would be best at governing the U.K. at this point?
Technocracy Timmy
YaBB God
United States

« Reply #4 on: April 28, 2017, 03:10:09 PM »

I tend to agree with this map. People who didn't like Hillary enough to vote for her against Trump probably were never going to vote for her in the first place, email scandal or not. I think Comey swayed some hesitant Republicans back to the Trump camp after the Access Hollywood video, but didn't really sway many Clinton voters away from her.
I voted for Trump because of Access Hollywood.

Don't post that here lol. He wants this thread named after himself.
Technocracy Timmy
YaBB God
United States

« Reply #5 on: May 08, 2017, 09:30:07 PM »

If Classic Conservative's BS is excusable because he's "young and impressionable," then perhaps we should consider raising the minimum age for posting here.

We gotta let them come on here and try and educate them while they're still young. Otherwise it'll take forever for them to abandon their asinine views and they become lifelong Trumpets marching in tune for their Dear Leader.
Technocracy Timmy
YaBB God
United States

« Reply #6 on: May 09, 2017, 11:58:09 PM »

If Classic Conservative's BS is excusable because he's "young and impressionable," then perhaps we should consider raising the minimum age for posting here.

We gotta let them come on here and try and educate them while they're still young. Otherwise it'll take forever for them to abandon their asinine views and they become lifelong Trumpets marching in tune for their Dear Leader.
Yes, because this forum has a significant influence on the American electorate.

Nowhere did I say or infer that. But anyhow one less Trumpet in the world is a slightly better world.
Technocracy Timmy
YaBB God
United States

« Reply #7 on: May 16, 2017, 11:32:45 AM »

I'll admit I didn't read the article at first, but I just did... Holy f--k. It's basically "DAE think le rural voters are LITRALLY HITLER???" spread out over far too many paragraphs. What the f-ck was anybody thinking posting that unironically? You should be ashamed.

Yeah I actually sat down and read the whole thing and it's beyond cringe worthy awful.

If you're gonna make judgements about a group in society who number in the tens of millions based solely on your individual life experience then you're an idiot. Better yet, the person cited no statistics to try and back up any of their conclusions.
Technocracy Timmy
YaBB God
United States

« Reply #8 on: May 16, 2017, 07:27:55 PM »

Because you just can't stand that someone might have a different opinion than you.

I honestly believe that the MSM is the single greatest threat to America that has ever existed.

Stop trolling

The media has always had deep ties to Communists and leftist ideology. They exist for one purpose, to influence the public to support their ideology and causes. They regularly coordinate with each other and with leftist politicians to achieve their common goals.

No one put them into power. No one elected them to govern. Yet they believe that they have some right to spew propaganda in an attempt to reshape society and drown out any voice to the contrary.
Technocracy Timmy
YaBB God
United States

« Reply #9 on: May 19, 2017, 04:20:50 PM »

That's why I'm a centrist.
Technocracy Timmy
YaBB God
United States

« Reply #10 on: May 22, 2017, 05:44:28 PM »

A bunch of kids who prolly reek of weed and who get asked, "Are you Indian? Native American? No wait...Asian?"
Technocracy Timmy
YaBB God
United States

« Reply #11 on: May 22, 2017, 08:58:23 PM »

cc: Irony ore mine given that it's coming from an embittered failson whose highest achievement in adult life is making the front page of r/cringe when he got his mother to comment on the size of his organ on Facebook.

What is it that makes social Darwinism so attractive to people who would almost undoubtedly be labelled as society's refuse?

What? I'd love to hear this story haha
Technocracy Timmy
YaBB God
United States

« Reply #12 on: May 22, 2017, 10:50:32 PM »

Technocracy Timmy
YaBB God
United States

« Reply #13 on: June 08, 2017, 05:22:06 AM »

^ Foreign policy maybe? If I remember right he changed his avatar from blue to orange after Trump bombed that Syrian air base. Sanders and Warren are much more interventionist than Corbyn. Of course this doesn't explain his support for the Republican Party as a whole in the United States.
Technocracy Timmy
YaBB God
United States

« Reply #14 on: June 20, 2017, 10:10:16 PM »

Ugh, I am utterly lost right now.

Democrats are showing huge swings in these special elections, but I have my doubts they will hold or be increased in 2018.

Of course, I'll be a little annoyed by Trump's inevitable "YUGE VICTORY, YOU'RE WELCOME KAREN" tweet. But what's worse is the Democrats tearing themselves inside out because of these special special elections.

I honestly have stopped caring whether we get Berniecrats or centrists elected -  I just need Democrats. Democrats wouldn't vote for Obamacare repeal, they wouldn't vote for the AHCA, they wouldn't vote for any of the awful things on Ryan, McConnell, and Trump's agenda.

I am scared for future, something I haven't felt so intensely since that evening in November.  

Masshole.
I'm proud of it Smiley
Technocracy Timmy
YaBB God
United States

« Reply #15 on: July 07, 2017, 08:02:15 PM »

I'm glad I don't live in middle America where small minds proliferate.

Yep, no small minds out there in CA, a state whose stereotype to many is literally a surfer bro who's dumb as rocks.

Like this?
Technocracy Timmy
YaBB God
United States

« Reply #16 on: July 09, 2017, 06:36:38 PM »
« Edited: July 12, 2017, 10:36:31 AM by TexasGurl »

Having grown up in a very toxic environment due to drug using family members, I can definitely relate to that gut reaction sentiment. It's not the right response but when it hits you personally and society is focused just as much on sympathizing with the drug user as it is with victims of one's drug use then yeah people will begin to harbor resentment. I don't know their personal situations, but that's exactly how I felt for years until I began to evolve from that POV.
Technocracy Timmy
YaBB God
United States

« Reply #17 on: July 21, 2017, 04:40:20 PM »

Wississippi will be gone in a cycle or two. Good riddance.

You just keep the bad posts coming, LOL.  Ever even been to Wisconsin?  Like Jesus Christ.
White trash won't receive anything from me except disgust and condemnation. I don't make exceptions for the Midwest.
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies