The Klartext Landfill for Absurd, Ignorant, and Deplorable Posts VI (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 28, 2024, 09:42:29 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Forum Community
  Forum Community (Moderators: The Dowager Mod, YE, KoopaDaQuick 🇵🇸)
  The Klartext Landfill for Absurd, Ignorant, and Deplorable Posts VI (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: The Klartext Landfill for Absurd, Ignorant, and Deplorable Posts VI  (Read 150271 times)
Ban my account ffs!
snowguy716
Atlas Star
Austria

« on: November 15, 2016, 09:32:19 PM »

I hope she dies cold, alone, and irrelevant in a federal prison, but an HP vote will suffice for now.
Look, there is dislike, and then there is irrational hatred. This clearly falls into the latter.
Hating a woman who wants to wipe my father out? What does that make the anti-Trump rioters than?

Can you explain this? I honestly don't know what you're referring to when you say that she "wants to wipe your father out".
Hillary Clinton has made it clear that "uneducated white males" like the coal miners in WV or truckers and salesmen like my dad are just in the way. She has more than adequetly made her absolute contempt for anyone who is not either a) a sheltered rich white urban Democrat, or b) part of her coalition of voters.

The "job retraining" program she promised was never going to actually retrain the workers whose jobs were lost anyway.

I hope she dies cold, alone, and irrelevant in a federal prison, but an HP vote will suffice for now.
Look, there is dislike, and then there is irrational hatred. This clearly falls into the latter.
Hating a woman who wants to wipe my father out? What does that make the anti-Trump rioters than?
Wants to wipe your father ouy? Umm, what? And yeah, if someone wishes for Trump's death they're wrong too.
I don't want Hillary to die. I want her to live to be a 115 years old. I just hope that when she does expire, it is in a prison cell.
Nobody thinks that coal miners are "in the way". Clinton was an elitist, but she still cared about these people (even when she pitied them).
Like she cared about the Haitians right? Or Kathy Shelton?

Come on, you lost, you can abandon the charade. You never believed in her. You were just scared of him.
Dude, no need to project. I still think that Clinton would make a very good President. Why don't you admit that Trump was never going to smash the Establishment (as his cabinet picks show), and that you were only voting against Clinton?
The establishment you keep talking about isn't the establishment I voted against, nor are these picks anything new. He was floating all of these names on the campaign trail, including at the rally I attended here in Tallahassee. This really doesn't carry any weight and it isn't going to change the result.
Just looking through these names, 90% of them have served on a House Committee, or as an ambassador, or under a former president, or as governors and Senators. If his message is that Washington is corrupt and needs to be "drained", then why not bring in new talent? Or is he admitting that the whole premise of "drain the swamp" was bullsh**t, and that you actually need experience to govern?

I remember when Bill Richardson, Jennifer Granholm, Harold Ford Jr., Judd Gregg, Jim Leach, Sam Nunn, Raul Grijalva, and Al Gore were going to be in the Obama cabinet. Turns out the jobs went to people like Penny Pritzker, Sylvia Matthews Burwell, Arnie Duncan, and Shaun Donovan, all of whom were all former Senators or Governors with high name recognition and decades and decades of experience right?
OK, and I'd never have called Obama "anti-establishment". Even so, he still stuck to his progressive guns in office (at least until the GOP started trying to shut down everything), whereas Trump is already backing down from planks left and right even with a triple majority.
What? His shining jewel is a healthcare bill that is failing piece by piece and was invented by Mitt Romney and the Heritage Foundation.
Ouch.
Ban my account ffs!
snowguy716
Atlas Star
Austria

« Reply #1 on: November 28, 2016, 07:36:49 PM »

scalia: did everything he could to tear healthcare, education, and welfare in general away from poor people
castro: built a healthcare system better than many "first world" countries', achieved 100% literacy, eliminated several aspects of poverty

scalia: was unrepentant in his vicious hatred for lgbt+ people
castro: mostly grew out of his earliėr homophobic views, instituted employment nondiscrimination, free gender alignment surgery, and legal blood donation by gay men (none of which exist on a federal level in the u.s.!) as well as the world's only communist state-owned gay club

scalia: fckin hated women with a passion
castro: ran one of the most gender-egalitarian governments in the western hemisphere

etc etc

and before someone blathers about muh democracy, i'll remind you of bush v. gore

1. I would take a hospital in America anyday over Cuba.

2 & 3. Nobody benefits from an Orwellian/North Korea style regime.

4. America gets to choose its leaders, and every President cannot serve more than two four year terms.

Meanwhile, Castro tried to stay in power forever. When he did step down, he handed power over to his brother. Even the USSR and China didn't resort to dynastic dictatorship.

I'm ashamed that our nation has allowed nations like Cuba, Haiti and Mexico to remain in poverty when they are right on our doorstep. Hopefully this is fixed over the coming years, and hopefully Cuba can move beyond this sad period in it's history and build a better future for their country.
America didn't choose its leader.  Electors (the 'elect') are choosing the candidate who didn't win.  For the Republicans.  For the 3rd time.

Our country has been taken hostage by a minority party through a combination of the electoral college and gerrymandering and a senate already designed to give the rural white states a bigger say.

Ban my account ffs!
snowguy716
Atlas Star
Austria

« Reply #2 on: December 07, 2016, 02:05:07 PM »

Jerryarkansas and Chairmansanchez... this is f**king embarrassing.
Ban my account ffs!
snowguy716
Atlas Star
Austria

« Reply #3 on: December 19, 2016, 09:05:49 PM »

Afleitch's argument is like why you don't see people doing a lot of 540s in ski competitions.  You start with a lot of spinning and when you land you're dizzy and facing the wrong way.

Ban my account ffs!
snowguy716
Atlas Star
Austria

« Reply #4 on: February 04, 2017, 10:47:29 PM »

What is a transgender marriage? legitimately confused.

It's like SSM, but both the people are trans.

Cool idea. Let's legalize it if it isn't already.

-It's probably legal, but I'd prefer to repeal Obergeffell.

Even if you did that, wouldn't a trans man marrying a trans woman still be legal? Huh

That would depend on whether the government recognizes transgenderism.
Either way, that would still be legal, doofus.  Smiley
Ban my account ffs!
snowguy716
Atlas Star
Austria

« Reply #5 on: March 11, 2017, 02:16:57 PM »

I know for a fact I've never experienced day-long power outages in Russia. Several times in the U.S.!
The weather is far far far FAR FAR FAR more extreme in the U.S. than in Russia.  The vast majority of Russians live in a very mild, temperate climate where the only real weather story is the persistent near freezing temperatures that make everything slushy and disgusting for months.
Ban my account ffs!
snowguy716
Atlas Star
Austria

« Reply #6 on: March 11, 2017, 02:44:23 PM »

I know for a fact I've never experienced day-long power outages in Russia. Several times in the U.S.!
The weather is far far far FAR FAR FAR more extreme in the U.S. than in Russia.  The vast majority of Russians live in a very mild, temperate climate where the only real weather story is the persistent near freezing temperatures that make everything slushy and disgusting for months.

-Tell that to Hitler's and Napoleon's forces. Obviously false. RU's not Ukraine, where the weather really is mild and tempered by the Black Sea.

He explicitly mentioned near-freezing temperatures.

-That's also false; temperatures in most of the inhabited parts of RU are below 0 degrees C in the winter.
You spend weeks either with frigid air or with just below freezing with occasional excursions above.  But in a city that's enough to keep everything wet and disgusting.  Or say if an army is trying to march through.

THe point is:  It's not the kinda weather that would result in a day long power outage the way a severe thunderstorm or tornado or blizzard or ice storm could.
Ban my account ffs!
snowguy716
Atlas Star
Austria

« Reply #7 on: March 23, 2017, 02:10:41 PM »

John McCain is a deranged, warmongering pig. He wouldn't care about Russia if it didn't happen to have a regime he and his other democracy cultists didn't like.
Ban my account ffs!
snowguy716
Atlas Star
Austria

« Reply #8 on: April 07, 2017, 03:18:17 PM »

Yes, reposting personal attacks, even by the victim, is really not appropriate - even on the FC board. I guess the perp poster doesn't know that I have zero tolerance for personal attacks, and that one who does it with some frequency on boards for which I am responsible, will have me lobbying for a ban.
Reporting a post and then reposting it for everyone to see is a pretty big offense, imo.  At the very least if this happens, the poster who made the attack should "go free".
Ban my account ffs!
snowguy716
Atlas Star
Austria

« Reply #9 on: June 01, 2017, 01:44:13 PM »

He's totally right on doctor-assisted suicide, and besides, this thread is for legitimately bad posts, not "I disagree with his politics".

Go into a protest with a sign that says "more death panels!", ok then.

I believe this is what is called a joke.

Even if that is the case comma suggesting mandatory abortions for the deformed is more than enough grounds to qualify for this thread.
They're "pro-choice"... the government gets to choose who is worthy of life and death.
The government already does this every day.
Ban my account ffs!
snowguy716
Atlas Star
Austria

« Reply #10 on: June 28, 2017, 04:58:17 PM »

Terrible tragedy

Also: I've seen some "woke" keyboard warriors on Twitter screaming about how mourning Otto is only because of his "white privilege," many of the same who gleefully mocked him last year when he was captured because in Asia, "white privilege" doesn't protect you, or something.

I wanted to get off my chest here what an execrable position this is to take after a man was murdered by a criminal regime, and that this flies awfully close to the line of logic that blacks "had it coming" when they are gunned down by the police.

/endrant

Very sad.
Why the hell anyone would want to go to North Korea is beyond me.

Curiosity about a notorious society.

Most American visitors are safe so long as they visit at a time of relative calm and take no action that could be mistaken as a stand against the regime. Many visitors simply can't bring themselves to act apolitically once there.

Relative calm ?
When is there ever "relative clam" in North Korea. It seems that everyday their official government-controlled news talks about nuking the USA, with an accompanying video showing a mushroom explosion over The White House or The Capitol.
Their leader killed his own uncle, for Pete's sake !
How can anyone see this country as calm and safe to visit (vacation) ?
No amount of "curiosity" would take me there.

North Korea is a terrible place, and the horrible direction it has gone since the Korean War should be a lesson for all nations. But it is hard for me to see criticism like the above coming from my fellow Americans and take it as credible when we live in the same nation that actually bombs people on a daily basis, and where Sheriff Clarke is considered for high government positions instead of incarcerated in his own jail awaiting trial.

Perhaps we should pay less attention to the daily hate for people on the far side of the world, and take off the comfortable blinders we wear at home.
...and with that one post, I immediately get why everyone hated Runeghost.
That post is not why people hated Runeghost.

He basically just said, in a context specific way, to worry about the lumber mill in your eye before you go nitpicking at the dust speck in another's.

That BRTD has a problem with this, considering his rather obsessive religious views, is concerning.
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies