The Klartext Landfill for Absurd, Ignorant, and Deplorable Posts VI (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 30, 2024, 10:18:11 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Forum Community
  Forum Community (Moderators: The Dowager Mod, YE, KoopaDaQuick 🇵🇸)
  The Klartext Landfill for Absurd, Ignorant, and Deplorable Posts VI (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: The Klartext Landfill for Absurd, Ignorant, and Deplorable Posts VI  (Read 151472 times)
Goldwater
Republitarian
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix
E: 1.55, S: -4.52

« on: January 11, 2017, 02:46:14 PM »

One issue of course is getting to where my girlfriend lives, since that would require traveling through a Trump state and many Trump counties. So my plan is to only get gas and food in Hillary counties. That basically means stopping in Eau Claire, and then filling up in Dane County along the way. Rockford would be OK too, since in the end Winnebago County narrowly voted for Hillary. But I'm not going to get out and set foot in any of the Trump counties that exist between Hennepin County and Lake County, IL. Ideally I could just boycott Wisconsin altogether but alas that wretched place has to be stuck between us.

This has however convinced me that everyone's hatred of the Green Bay Packers is 100% justified.
Goldwater
Republitarian
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #1 on: January 28, 2017, 09:46:30 PM »

As much as I disagree with Sanchez's ideology, style, worldview, etc., this was uncalled for.

Can you guys read, or are you just so blinded by your little "win" (the only one you've gotten at all for a good while) that you don't realize that it literally only applies to those already in transit when the order was issued. In two days, the situation will be virtually unchanged.

You really should be deported, Trump would approve, impoverished Hispanic family that's a drain on white America.
Goldwater
Republitarian
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #2 on: January 28, 2017, 09:52:32 PM »

As much as I disagree with Sanchez's ideology, style, worldview, etc., this was uncalled for.

Can you guys read, or are you just so blinded by your little "win" (the only one you've gotten at all for a good while) that you don't realize that it literally only applies to those already in transit when the order was issued. In two days, the situation will be virtually unchanged.

You really should be deported, Trump would approve, impoverished Hispanic family that's a drain on white America.
I'm not even Hispanic and that is pretty much widely known, so it didn't even work. Should be in the ore mine.

Eh, fair enough, though I think his assumptions about your race just make the "absurd" and "ignorant" parts fit even more. Tongue
Goldwater
Republitarian
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #3 on: February 02, 2017, 10:03:47 PM »

What is a transgender marriage? legitimately confused.

It's like SSM, but both the people are trans.

Cool idea. Let's legalize it if it isn't already.

-It's probably legal, but I'd prefer to repeal Obergeffell.

Even if you did that, wouldn't a trans man marrying a trans woman still be legal? Huh
Goldwater
Republitarian
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #4 on: February 02, 2017, 11:14:12 PM »

What is a transgender marriage? legitimately confused.

It's like SSM, but both the people are trans.

Cool idea. Let's legalize it if it isn't already.

-It's probably legal, but I'd prefer to repeal Obergeffell.

Even if you did that, wouldn't a trans man marrying a trans woman still be legal? Huh

That would depend on whether the government recognizes transgenderism.

Like BRTD said, it doesn't. Either way, legally it's a guy marrying a girl, the question is just who is who.
Goldwater
Republitarian
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #5 on: February 19, 2017, 06:13:06 PM »

Let me solve this ongoing Eharding-RINO Tom debate on who the real conservatives are: neither of you are real conservatives.  In fact, no one with a negative social score should call themselves a conservative.  In fact, if any of the following are true, you are not a true conservative:

-I think free trade is a net negative for America
-I think abortion should be allowed in most or all cases
-I would rather have unrestricted privacy, even if it compromises public safety
-I believe that there are more than two genders
-I voted for Donald Trump in the primaries
-I did not vote for Donald Trump in the general election
-My social score is below a +5
-My economic score is below a +5
Goldwater
Republitarian
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #6 on: February 24, 2017, 11:00:18 PM »

Wow, a beautiful tribute to a big FF.

You like Hillary now? Huh
Goldwater
Republitarian
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #7 on: March 09, 2017, 08:36:14 PM »

They've clearly embraced the label (along with the now-infamous "deplorable") as a badge of honor and successfully weaponized it against us. And it's paid off for them handsomely, if the number of elected offices in the US held by the GOP is any indication.

Rule #1 in electoral politics (or at the very least, one of the top 5): Never give the opposition a chance to paint you as an arrogant, condescending elitist who is out-of-touch with the uh, "commoners." For any political party, this can be a real albatross; for a left-wing or at least, vaguely center-left party whose policy platform is designed for the benefit of the "common people" (in theory if not always in practice) and whose representatives have traditionally styled themselves as representing the interests of the People against the rich, the powerful, and the privileged, this can be fatal.

And to those who say that "why does it matter what I say about Republican voters, I'm not a politician or running for office": A lot of Republican voters (and more importantly for these purposes, downscale voters (even if only relatively downscale) who may not be naturally inclined to vote Republican but deeply resent any hint of smug condescension toward them from upper-middle class people with university educations - regardless of whether it comes from the Woke crowd or the National Review) editorial board) have this thing called the Internet. And they use it. And many of them read websites or forums like this one. And some of them even post on said forums - including this one.

I know that I've been far from perfect about this myself, and no, no one on the Democratic side has any obligation to start agreeing with Republicans or right-wing politics in general. Far from it. But can those of us who are of a Left-ish bent at least acknowledge the fact that for a critically large number of Americans - particularly Americans who vote - we have utterly failed in the sense that they genuinely don't believe that we have any respect for them as people (forget politics for a minute here)? And can we also agree that this has put the Democratic Party's electoral prospects at ALL levels of government in peril?

I think it's pretty obvious that the Democrats have failed at least as much as the Republicans have succeeded (isn't the Republican Party as a whole less popular than noted loyal Republican politico Donald Trump among the party's voters? lol). And I don't see how any supporter of Democrats could be remotely satisfied with this situation. What am I missing here?

The problem with what you're saying, which does have some good arguments to be made in your favor, is that really,  I don't have any respect for Republicans/Trumpers as people. They are willfully ignorant, lack empathy, and possess all the reasoning skills and self-awareness of a glob of mud. They have failed at being human beings.

I do not think any response or strategy that does not acknowledge up front that modern Republicans/Trumpers are terrible human beings has any chance at success. They have made it clear that empathy, reason, shame,  enlightened self-interest and all the other ways human beings use to peacefully resolve disputes are not anything they are interested in. They acknowledge (barely) laws and government only because they're the ones in control. They are, and will, continue to abuse the societal contract until it breaks. And then they'll use that as "justification" for more tyranny.

They can either go through the slow and painful process of educating themselves. (Not that I think it's very likely.) Or they can wait and end up the same way the last generation of fascists did at the end of WWII, when the rest of the world joined forces to punch fascism in the face.

Goldwater
Republitarian
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #8 on: March 28, 2017, 02:07:03 PM »

lol, it seems that NSV has purged his own posts from this thread too.
Goldwater
Republitarian
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #9 on: March 28, 2017, 04:39:31 PM »

This link randomly brought me to Cathcon's page and I have absolutely no idea how that happened and it really confused me for a minute.

SWE confirmed as Cathcon sock.
Goldwater
Republitarian
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #10 on: June 19, 2017, 01:42:11 PM »

Most of The Self's posts should be here. Hell, this is the only thread he should be allowed to post in.

#triggered
Nice to see you've posted directly in here. I like people who learn quickly.

Goldwater
Republitarian
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #11 on: July 01, 2017, 02:54:38 PM »

Can we tone down the crass sexism for a minute here?

Sure, but the only case of that was Jfern's post...
Goldwater
Republitarian
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #12 on: July 02, 2017, 09:34:50 AM »

I'm a faculty brat and a proud alumnus. FCs.

It's also deeply ironic that BTRD hates them -- he'd fit it in with the stereotypical students.

But I don't care about "cultural appropriation" and don't specify pronouns upon meeting people.

If you were ten years younger, you would. Your absolute environmental conformity, your insularity, and your crude obedience to your subculture dictate this.

Most people in "the scene" went to/go to public universities.
Goldwater
Republitarian
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #13 on: July 18, 2017, 09:56:46 PM »

Goldwater
Republitarian
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #14 on: July 20, 2017, 07:23:12 PM »

Hope he can get through this........FF as a person.
No he isn't. He doesn't deserve cancer but let's not pretend he's in anyway a "good person."

Though I think McCain is a decent guy personally, he forfeit his "maverick" status when he voted with Bush 90% of the time and, after 2009, belonged to the GOP obstructionist machine in Congress. I'd call him FF personally and HP politically.
You can't separate the two. McCain is the ultimate politician. His alleged torture doesn't absolve him for his many, many sins.
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies