The Klartext Landfill for Absurd, Ignorant, and Deplorable Posts VI (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 27, 2024, 07:07:23 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Forum Community
  Forum Community (Moderators: The Dowager Mod, YE, KoopaDaQuick 🇵🇸)
  The Klartext Landfill for Absurd, Ignorant, and Deplorable Posts VI (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: The Klartext Landfill for Absurd, Ignorant, and Deplorable Posts VI  (Read 150123 times)
Horus
Sheliak5
Atlas Icon
United States

« on: November 05, 2016, 03:59:41 PM »

Ugh. Dont believe everything you read. Trump has stopped polling really? And yet every one of his campaigns latest moves has been in response to new polling data that shows a massive swing to Trump in 2012 Obama states like NH, Pennsylvania, Michigan...apparently their internals for Minnesota are good too which has become some sort of dumping ground for somalian muslims. Trump has expanded the map and is going for the win on her turf. He's not scampering to defend Georgia or Texas like they'd quietly hoped he would at this late hour.
Horus
Sheliak5
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #1 on: January 03, 2017, 03:11:14 PM »

I question those who link the actions of the israeli government and people of Jewish descent together in a way that a criticism of one is equal to an attack on the other.
This is like saying "I support segregation but I really really like black people"
Horus
Sheliak5
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #2 on: March 02, 2017, 09:04:27 AM »

lol.

The dem/msm attempt to create fake scandals from retinue, mundane things proves just how intellectually and morally bankrupt they are. For three months the media has been pushing this lie, and for three months they've been forced to admit, buried at the end of every 'story', that there isn't any evidence for these wild claims. Yet they put 'RUSSIA, INVESTIGATION, TRUMP' in sensational headlines anyway. It's beyond absurd at this point. It's blatant propaganda.

Democrats have nothing left except more ethnic/gender divisions and phony outrage. And people are rejecting it, not just in America but all across western civilization.

These daily outrages represent the last dying breath of cultural marxism.
Horus
Sheliak5
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #3 on: April 24, 2017, 06:29:20 PM »

I don't think she'll win, but this will be a single digit victory for Macron. Those predicting a landslide have terrible short term memory.

"Hillary will win in a landslide over that unelectable fascist..."

Sure, let's sit back and relax again. What can possibly go wrong? Smiley Smiley Smiley

The difference is we actually had one round of voting that closely matched the polls. Also Macron + Hamon + Melenchon is already 50%.

Macron will be lucky to get half of Melenchon's supporters.

It's fine, most of the forum laughed at me when I predicted a Trump EC/Hillary PV win. Just like I said then, I hope I'm wrong.
Horus
Sheliak5
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #4 on: July 09, 2017, 08:11:13 PM »

Under Miliband, it was a lot closer. They leaned Tory, but it was far from unanimous.

Under Corbyn, expect them to vote like US African-Americans. We've been here before. We know an existential threat when we see it.
Horus
Sheliak5
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #5 on: July 10, 2017, 12:37:41 AM »

Under Miliband, it was a lot closer. They leaned Tory, but it was far from unanimous.

Under Corbyn, expect them to vote like US African-Americans. We've been here before. We know an existential threat when we see it.
This is a good post.

Except it was debunked by an actual good post:

The thing is; they quite clearly didn't.  You look at the places that have reasonably large Jewish populations (mostly in London) and although they are distinct from London in terms of the swing to Labour being quite a bit less than the London average; there was still a swing to Labour.  If there was some monolithic shift away from Labour amongst the Jewish community: the size of the community in those few seats should have caused a swing to the Tories but that did not happen.

e: Probably the big example is Hendon: 17% Jewish; Labour/Tory marginal seat (since it was recreated in 1997, its been a bellwether).  In 2017; there was a 2.7% swing from the Conservatives to Labour in the seat; which can't possibly have happened if the Jewish vote was as monolithically Conservative in 2017.  I assume that it probably swung towards the Tories; but less than the poll below suggests (from what I recall; it was taken a couple of weeks before polling day, when the overall polls swung quite strongly towards Labour).  The same thing happened in Finchley and Golders Green as well: 21.1% Jewish: bellwether since 1997: 4% swing from the Tories to Labour.  Both seats were below the London average or even what you see in other seats around (Chipping Barnet had a 6.9% swing to Labour and the Tories only just held it; that seat has never been won by Labour) and the Jewish vote most likely saved both for the Tories - but it isn't as monolithic as you suggest.

Yes, but I thought the whole "Jeremy Corbyn is an existential threat to British Jews" part is what made it deluge worthy.
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies