Not only are Aussies as fat as we are, they're also just as stupid about sexting
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 23, 2024, 03:18:50 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  General Politics
  International General Discussion (Moderators: afleitch, Hash)
  Not only are Aussies as fat as we are, they're also just as stupid about sexting
« previous next »
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: Not only are Aussies as fat as we are, they're also just as stupid about sexting  (Read 413 times)
dead0man
Atlas Legend
United States

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« on: October 11, 2016, 10:16:42 AM »

link-Sydney Morning Herald
You must be logged in to read this quote.
I guess they are better than us because they didn't (at least not that I'm aware) prosecute the kids involved as sexual predators like we do here in the good ole US of A.  (and what the victim was after I guess?)
Meclazine for Israel
Meclazine
Atlas Icon
Australia

« Reply #1 on: October 13, 2016, 07:07:53 PM »

There is a law in Australia which prevents children from being prosecuted for these issues if they are both underage.

I have a 14yo son, so when he got his first phone last month, the first issue was to take him through these exact stories and show him how a simple text can get your name in lights on the internet as a registered sex offender for the remainder of your life.

The Dad here was warned to remove the images from his PC by the Police, which he did not do. So he failed to take advice before he was charged and prosecuted.

But I will take your point on being overweight. Australian's love McDonalds, KFC and Burger King more than ever. Which is disappointing.

Intell
Junior Chimp
Nepal

Political Matrix
E: -6.71, S: -1.24

« Reply #2 on: October 13, 2016, 10:03:41 PM »

There is a law in Australia which prevents children from being prosecuted for these issues if they are both underage.

I have a 14yo son, so when he got his first phone last month, the first issue was to take him through these exact stories and show him how a simple text can get your name in lights on the internet as a registered sex offender for the remainder of your life.

The Dad here was warned to remove the images from his PC by the Police, which he did not do. So he failed to take advice before he was charged and prosecuted.

But I will take your point on being overweight. Australian's love McDonalds, KFC and Burger King more than ever. Which is disappointing.

I've never heard an Aussie say Burger King or McDonalds like ever. Burger King is  replaced by Hungry Jacks, here.
Meclazine for Israel
Meclazine
Atlas Icon
Australia

« Reply #3 on: October 18, 2016, 06:14:28 PM »

I've never heard an Aussie say ... McDonalds like ever.

OK then.

http://www.franchisebusiness.com.au/news/mcdonald%E2%80%99s-australia%E2%80%99s-most-popular-fast-food-chain

Intell
Junior Chimp
Nepal

Political Matrix
E: -6.71, S: -1.24

« Reply #4 on: October 19, 2016, 05:01:56 AM »

I know it's McDonald's, but they call it macca's.
Pages: [1]  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies