Surrogate Super Thread
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 26, 2024, 03:25:18 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Election Archive
  Election Archive
  2016 U.S. Presidential Election
  Surrogate Super Thread
« previous next »
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4
Author Topic: Surrogate Super Thread  (Read 5856 times)
Hammy
Atlas Icon
United States

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #50 on: November 06, 2016, 04:41:52 AM »

And she has the nerve to say Trump offends her or that he offends anyone for that matter.  After all, children are watching!

Except in Trump's case, the one actually running for president is saying and doing this stuff.
‼realJohnEwards‼
MatteKudasai
United States

Political Matrix
E: -6.19, S: -4.87

« Reply #51 on: November 06, 2016, 04:59:46 AM »

Artists can have "public and private positions", no? IMO a little racy language to fire up a crowd (from a rap artist, seriously!)  is infinitely preferable to someone privately discussing his sexual "conquests", when there is no reason for pretense.
Rand
YaBB God
United States

« Reply #52 on: November 06, 2016, 05:06:15 AM »

We got 99 problems but Jay-Z ain't one.
Wade McDaniel
Rookie
United States

« Reply #53 on: November 06, 2016, 05:44:44 AM »

And she has the nerve to say Trump offends her or that he offends anyone for that matter.  After all, children are watching!

Except in Trump's case, the one actually running for president is saying and doing this stuff.

She doesn't have the guts to say it herself so "she's not saying it, Jay Z is" right? 
‼realJohnEwards‼
MatteKudasai
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #54 on: November 06, 2016, 05:47:10 AM »

She doesn't have the guts to say it herself so "she's not saying it, Jay Z is" right? 
LOL. I guess when Trump had a murderer screaming the "n"-word at his rallies, he just "didn't have the guts" to say it himself, right? I thought PC was a bad thing... Wink
Wade McDaniel
Rookie
United States

« Reply #55 on: November 06, 2016, 05:48:42 AM »

LOL. I guess when Trump had a murderer screaming the "n"-word at his rallies, he just "didn't have the guts" to say it himself, right? I thought PC was a bad thing... Wink

Why would Trump even think of such things being said?
‼realJohnEwards‼
MatteKudasai
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #56 on: November 06, 2016, 05:50:34 AM »

What? Trump literally chuckled when he heard it. Don't given me this BS.
Wade McDaniel
Rookie
United States

« Reply #57 on: November 06, 2016, 05:53:41 AM »

He pointed out the double standard regarding how the media would react if such things were said at his rallies.  My point is Jay Z gets away with it because he's black.
‼realJohnEwards‼
MatteKudasai
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #58 on: November 06, 2016, 06:06:34 AM »

He pointed out the double standard regarding how the media would react if such things were said at his rallies.  My point is Jay Z gets away with it because he's black.
You don't understand at all the cultural context behind the word (though, given that you live in Mississippi, this is understandable). Recently, African-Americans have been reclaiming it, in the same way that Jews have reclaimed the (((echo))) (which I admit I have had misconceptions about in the past). However, from a white person, it still conveys the sense of denigrations that it has for 50 years. To put things in context, if I were to start echoing Jewish names, I would rightly be called out as anti-semetic, because this is what the echo has been used for outside the Jewish community. The "n"-word workshop the same way- cultural context is the root of it all.
Wade McDaniel
Rookie
United States

« Reply #59 on: November 06, 2016, 06:08:36 AM »

You don't understand at all the cultural context behind the word (though, given that you live in Mississippi, this is understandable). Recently, African-Americans have been reclaiming it, in the same way that Jews have reclaimed the (((echo))) (which I admit I have had misconceptions about in the past). However, from a white person, it still conveys the sense of denigrations that it has for 50 years. To put things in context, if I were to start echoing Jewish names, I would rightly be called out as anti-semetic, because this is what the echo has been used for outside the Jewish community. The "n"-word workshop the same way- cultural context is the root of it all.

Your reply is why I vote against all Democrats.
‼realJohnEwards‼
MatteKudasai
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #60 on: November 06, 2016, 06:10:32 AM »

So I guess Trumpistas calling themselves "Deporable" is just as out of line as HRC...?
Wade McDaniel
Rookie
United States

« Reply #61 on: November 06, 2016, 06:11:47 AM »

So I guess Trumpistas calling themselves "Deporable" is just as out of line as HRC...?

Well if you're comparing the n-word to "deplorable" then be my guest.
‼realJohnEwards‼
MatteKudasai
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #62 on: November 06, 2016, 06:16:57 AM »

I mean... no, it is an actual word with a definition and not a discriminatory epithet, but it is denigrating (which is why HRC should not have used it). Anyway, if Trumpists can reclaim "Deplorable", and Jews can reclaim ((())) (both of which I am ok with, since they are used to make fun of those who used those word to denigrate), why can African Americans not reclaim the word which whites use to denigrate them? If anything, given the history of the "n"-word, there's even more reason to reclaim it and deny racists their sense of superiority.
WVdemocrat
DimpledChad
United States

« Reply #63 on: November 06, 2016, 06:20:19 AM »

i think this battle between "politicans vs hiphop artists" each cycle is one of the most cringe-worthy things of all.
Wade McDaniel
Rookie
United States

« Reply #64 on: November 06, 2016, 06:21:00 AM »

I mean... no, it is an actual word with a definition and not a discriminatory epithet, but it is denigrating (which is why HRC should not have used it). Anyway, if Trumpists can reclaim "Deplorable", and Jews can reclaim ((())) (both of which I am ok with, since they are used to make fun of those who used those word to denigrate), why can African Americans not reclaim the word which whites use to denigrate them? If anything, given the history of the "n"-word, there's even more reason to reclaim it and deny racists their sense of superiority.

Untangle yourself.  If Trump had someone use such words at his rally, they'd kick his cracker teeth in.
‼realJohnEwards‼
MatteKudasai
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #65 on: November 06, 2016, 06:22:42 AM »

Untangle yourself.  If Trump had someone use such words at his rally, they'd kick his cracker teeth in.
http://www.cnn.com/videos/politics/2016/09/21/don-king-n-word-trump-church.cnn
Person Man
Angry_Weasel
Atlas Superstar
United States

« Reply #66 on: November 06, 2016, 06:41:56 AM »
« Edited: November 06, 2016, 06:45:05 AM by Spicy Purrito( (((☭ )))-MA) »

And silence for 20 minutes. This is what I think-
https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=X6mll8rgDSI
https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=5eT0nZUROQ8
🦀🎂🦀🎂
CrabCake
Atlas Icon
Kiribati

« Reply #67 on: November 06, 2016, 07:02:59 AM »

Feel #blessed to witness a classic Winfield election meltdown in person. this is atlas tradition.
Sprouts Farmers Market ✘
Sprouts
Atlas Icon
Italy

Political Matrix
E: -4.90, S: 1.74

« Reply #68 on: November 06, 2016, 01:18:55 PM »

You're really a disgusting person. If Trump loses because of you, I will at least be able to take joy in the fact that generational talents Jay-Z and Queen Bey get to continue performing in the White House.

Perhaps you missed the great lyrics pushing men to man up and marry ("Single Ladies"), praising the greatest hometown in the nation ("Empire State of Mind"), and the importance of raising a strong daughter (with major props to the Second Amendment!) ("Daddy Lessons"). Maybe take the time to dig a little deeper before making blanket statements.
Joe Republic
Atlas Legend
Ukraine

« Reply #69 on: November 06, 2016, 01:24:35 PM »

Every Winfield post ever:

MASHED POTATOES. VOTE!
Kalwejt
Atlas Institution

« Reply #70 on: November 06, 2016, 01:58:12 PM »

It's pretty clear Winfield is just distressed by seeing a Black man.
Lincoln Republican
Winfield
Atlas Icon

« Reply #71 on: November 06, 2016, 03:54:53 PM »

Kalwejt, I know the hilite of your day is trolling me, but really, accusing me, of all people, of racism, is absolutely laughable.

But I, of course, will not stoop to your level and throw around stupid insults as you have done.

But regardless, have a nice day. 
Lincoln Republican
Winfield
Atlas Icon

« Reply #72 on: November 06, 2016, 03:56:30 PM »

It's pretty clear Winfield is just distressed by seeing a Black man.

Kalwejt, I know the hilite of your day is trolling me, but really, accusing me, of all people, of racism, is absolutely laughable.

But I, of course, will not stoop to your level and throw around stupid insults as you have done.

MASHED POTATOES. VOTE!
Kalwejt
Atlas Institution

« Reply #73 on: November 06, 2016, 04:01:39 PM »

Actually, on a serious note, you've always struck me as a Ben Wade type of civil rights supporter. A great Radical Republican of his days, he freely admitted to his friends of being distasted in the presence of a Black person's presence.

I'm sure you'd be quite uncomfortable to see someone like Jay Z in your gated suburbs.

Honestly, Winfield, whenever I read one of your pompous post on how great on Blacks being equal you are, there's always a patronizing note there.

Have a nice day too and see the light Smiley
Lincoln Republican
Winfield
Atlas Icon

« Reply #74 on: November 06, 2016, 04:52:24 PM »

Actually, on a serious note, you've always struck me as a Ben Wade type of civil rights supporter. A great Radical Republican of his days, he freely admitted to his friends of being distasted in the presence of a Black person's presence.

I'm sure you'd be quite uncomfortable to see someone like Jay Z in your gated suburbs.

Honestly, Winfield, whenever I read one of your pompous post on how great on Blacks being equal you are, there's always a patronizing note there.

Have a nice day too and see the light Smiley

If you only knew how ridiculous your statements are, you would crawl under a blanket and not come out for 48 hours.

But in the meantime, you can continue to troll me, I don't mind.  It humors me.
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies