NY-19 Teachout vs. Faso
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 24, 2024, 08:02:38 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Other Elections - Analysis and Discussion
  Congressional Elections (Moderators: Brittain33, GeorgiaModerate, Gass3268, Virginiá, Gracile)
  NY-19 Teachout vs. Faso
« previous next »
Pages: 1 [2]
Poll
Question: Who wins?
Zephyr Teachout (D)

John Faso (R)

Show Pie Chart
Partisan results

Total Voters: 59

Author Topic: NY-19 Teachout vs. Faso  (Read 3016 times)
Devils30
YaBB God
United States

Political Matrix
E: -2.06, S: -4.00

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #25 on: October 14, 2016, 01:47:16 PM »

The current NY-19 is more of the old NY-20 with parts of other districts. NY-18 is basically the old NY-19.
Blackacre
Spenstar3D
United States

Political Matrix
E: -5.35, S: -7.22

« Reply #26 on: October 15, 2016, 02:03:27 PM »

What's fascinating is this idea that she's a nut job. Her actual policy platform is not (and was not) anything that outlandish. She's radically anti-corruption, however, and I think what's most fascinating about this is how she vaulted into being a DCCC-backed candidate for a seat she's spent relatively little time in. That being said, that always seems to happen with seats in Upstate: i.e., Sean Patrick Maloney

I agree with you on the rest of this, but SPN isn't upstate when he still represents part of Westchester Wink
Torie
Moderators
Atlas Legend
Ukraine

Political Matrix
E: -3.48, S: -4.70

« Reply #27 on: October 15, 2016, 03:03:38 PM »

I am still not sure how I am going to vote. Ordinarily I would vote for Faso. He is acceptable enough, and Teachout has no depth. On the other hand, I want Yandik in Congress, and the only way  for him to get there, is for Teachout to win, and then lose in two years (quite likely unless the Pubs nominate a subpar candidate), opening the door again for Yandik in 2020 to get the Dem nomination. I guess, if the Pub hold on the House looks secure enough at the end, I will vote for Teachout. If not, I might have to bail on my long term Yandik plan.
Kingpoleon
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #28 on: October 15, 2016, 06:50:42 PM »

I am still not sure how I am going to vote. Ordinarily I would vote for Faso. He is acceptable enough, and Teachout has no depth. On the other hand, I want Yandik in Congress, and the only way  for him to get there, is for Teachout to win, and then lose in two years (quite likely unless the Pubs nominate a subpar candidate), opening the door again for Yandik in 2020 to get the Dem nomination. I guess, if the Pub hold on the House looks secure enough at the end, I will vote for Teachout. If not, I might have to bail on my long term Yandik plan.
Faso could win now and lose in 2020 to Yandik. In 2018 they could nominate someone more moderate and harder to beat than Faso would be.
Chancellor Tanterterg
Mr. X
Moderators
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #29 on: October 15, 2016, 06:52:41 PM »

Faso could win now and lose in 2020 to Yandik. In 2018 they could nominate someone more moderate and harder to beat than Faso would be.

Nah, Faso would be entrenched by then.  Yandik's screwed unless Teachout wins this year.  Sadly, she'll never have this seat locked down Sad
Torie
Moderators
Atlas Legend
Ukraine

Political Matrix
E: -3.48, S: -4.70

« Reply #30 on: October 16, 2016, 06:28:33 AM »

Pubs do much better in upstate NY in off year elections. And the Trump factor will be gone in 2018.
Pages: 1 [2]  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies