NY-19 Teachout vs. Faso (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 30, 2024, 09:36:54 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Other Elections - Analysis and Discussion
  Congressional Elections (Moderators: Brittain33, GeorgiaModerate, Gass3268, Virginiá, Gracile)
  NY-19 Teachout vs. Faso (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Poll
Question: Who wins?
Zephyr Teachout (D)

John Faso (R)

Show Pie Chart
Partisan results

Total Voters: 59

Author Topic: NY-19 Teachout vs. Faso  (Read 3045 times)
Shadows
YaBB God
« on: October 11, 2016, 11:45:34 PM »

Faso is winning by a small margin or tied here. It will be difficult to win unless Trump damages the whole race!

This is the big one Congress wise - Pramila is anyways going but Teachout is a revolutionary person POTENTIALLY & could be Bernie's long term heir!
Shadows
YaBB God
« Reply #1 on: October 12, 2016, 02:20:49 AM »

A poll by the Democratic Congressional Campaign Committee shows Zephyr Teachout holding a five-point lead over Republican John Faso in the race for New York’s 19th Congressional District. The poll comes five weeks after a survey commissioned by the Faso campaign showed the former state Assembly minority leader holding an identical lead over Teachout.

Source - Hudsonvalleyone

Both campaigns say they have a 5 point lead. This is a truly swing seat if there was one.

This idea of moderates in swing seats being better was debunked long back & has no basis with reality!

Also this fairy tale idea of Teachout 2024 run is weird. Let her get elected. Maybe she will do nothing. For me Congress n Senate is where we need more progressives as that is completely broken.

Teachout has talked about a self-imposed 10 year limit for Congress for her. I hope she works in Congress for 8-10 years, does something & then decides to run for Governor or Senator! I hope that swing seat is converted to solid blue by then!
Shadows
YaBB God
« Reply #2 on: October 14, 2016, 12:46:14 PM »
« Edited: October 14, 2016, 12:49:38 PM by Shadows »

Just saw the 2nd Debate & Teachout is nowhere near as good a debater as Bernie. Bernie would have berned this Faso dude so bad his career would be over. Teachout is not good in responding to attacks & coming with his own hits n contrasting. Faso is a good debater.

Also till date Super pacs & GOP have spend a combined 3M $ odd or close to that & now recently almost 1M $ of ad buys was announced. This is crazy - I don't think any Congress race in the country is getting these kind of spending! This is the No.1 target for Superpac, hedge fund, lobbyists & the GOP.

NY-19 is a hard seat, From 1996, I think Dems have only won it twice in 2006 n 2008. The GOP has had commanding 30% odd victory margins n more most of the times in this seat. It is only in Presidential races that this gets close with NY-19 going either way.

Dems have only won NY-19 when they had big majorities in the House, this is the kind of seat you need to in!

The DCCC is not spending a lot on Zephyr & this race is an absolute toss-up!
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies