NY-19 Teachout vs. Faso (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 30, 2024, 10:47:00 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Other Elections - Analysis and Discussion
  Congressional Elections (Moderators: Brittain33, GeorgiaModerate, Gass3268, Virginiá, Gracile)
  NY-19 Teachout vs. Faso (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Poll
Question: Who wins?
Zephyr Teachout (D)

John Faso (R)

Show Pie Chart
Partisan results

Total Voters: 59

Author Topic: NY-19 Teachout vs. Faso  (Read 3049 times)
smoltchanov
Junior Chimp
Russian Federation

« on: October 12, 2016, 12:09:23 AM »

Really want Teachout to be stopped. Makes me sick when an extreme progressive moonbat wins a swing seat. The bright side is that they are easier to knock off.

Agree, But the same is true when ultra-right winger wins swing seat. Ultra-rightists and ultra-leftists have more then enough possibilities in "safe" seats. Swing seats "belong" to reasonable moderates))))))
smoltchanov
Junior Chimp
Russian Federation

« Reply #1 on: October 12, 2016, 04:01:20 AM »
« Edited: October 12, 2016, 04:19:13 AM by smoltchanov »

Really want Teachout to be stopped. Makes me sick when an extreme progressive moonbat wins a swing seat. The bright side is that they are easier to knock off.

Agree, But the same is true when ultra-right winger wins swing seat. Ultra-rightists and ultra-leftists have more then enough possibilities in "safe" seats. Swing seats "belong" to reasonable moderates))))))

I'm tempted to make a joke about those half-dozen parentheses, your obsession with reasonable moderates, and bronz's obsession with soothing Midwesterners.

Do it. And i will make a joke about "progressive obsession" - absolute confidence that only they know what's right, their unsatiable desire to "make happy" all other people (even when these people absolutely don't ask for their "help"), and number of other "progressive features". The "idealistic left" is second category i dislike most (after fanatic right)....

P.S. The only question - what for??? I like progressives in progressive districts, conservatives - in conservative, and moderates - in swingy. IMHO - that's much more natural then somebody's desire to get everything, and then "to show much favor" (according to OWN standards) reputedly "to all"))))))))
smoltchanov
Junior Chimp
Russian Federation

« Reply #2 on: October 13, 2016, 01:43:30 AM »

And i will make a joke about "progressive obsession" - absolute confidence that only they know what's right, their unsatiable desire to "make happy" all other people (even when these people absolutely don't ask for their "help"), and number of other "progressive features".

what

that
smoltchanov
Junior Chimp
Russian Federation

« Reply #3 on: October 13, 2016, 08:15:30 AM »

And i will make a joke about "progressive obsession" - absolute confidence that only they know what's right, their unsatiable desire to "make happy" all other people (even when these people absolutely don't ask for their "help"), and number of other "progressive features".

what

Smoltchanov is an idiot, you see.

Do you always look in the mirror while typing?
smoltchanov
Junior Chimp
Russian Federation

« Reply #4 on: October 13, 2016, 03:45:38 PM »

what

Smoltchanov is an idiot, you see.

Do you always look in the mirror while typing?

So the best comeback you could think of was essentially "I know you are, but what am I?"  Sad.

No, sir. The best comeback is: "you are an idiot, sir - i am not"...
smoltchanov
Junior Chimp
Russian Federation

« Reply #5 on: October 14, 2016, 12:19:43 AM »

It's just a weird post because Nathan doesn't usually call himself a progressive, and I would challenge the assumption that we shouldn't "help" people who don't agree with our political views.

I didn't meant this particular person. And i explained many times - why i support moderates in swingy districts (no, i wouldn't call for election of moderates neither in NY-15 nor in TX-13), especially in these extremely polarized times, when almost no one wants to hear arguments of another side and, frequently, uses "brute legislative/political force" to push it's own programs consequences notwithstanding. I also have ample experience (including via Internet - on both Democratic and Republican sites) to support my statement about general political approaches of "activists" of both sorts - in part: their absolute intolerance of other views and their insistance on "you are either one of us, or - enemy!"

Let's end this "discussion" on that and move on. We all will continue to have  our views despite all this talk. Let's respect them even when we don't like them.
smoltchanov
Junior Chimp
Russian Federation

« Reply #6 on: October 14, 2016, 12:37:59 AM »
« Edited: October 14, 2016, 02:52:08 AM by smoltchanov »

I don't understand why Smoltchanov thinks that "partisan Democrat" = "ultra-leftist". Obviously equating the Republican establishment with their far-right base is appropriate considering that the GOP is an extremist party, but the Democratic Party is very much a centrist, neoliberal party. Democratic hacks like Chuck Schumer/Democratic hacks who are footsoldiers for people like Schumer are no where near "far-left wing".

Activists i met were, usually, to the left of Nancy Pelosi. That's enough "far left" to me, whose "role models" in politics are people like Charles Mathias (and, may be, William Milliken)
smoltchanov
Junior Chimp
Russian Federation

« Reply #7 on: October 14, 2016, 12:39:18 AM »
« Edited: October 14, 2016, 02:50:13 AM by smoltchanov »

Is Faso much of a moderate?

Sadly - not enough for my tastes. Gibson was generally ok for me, though i am pro-choice and he is generally pro-life
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies