Last minute expand map megathread - Spending & visits in AZ, GA, WI, NM, MI, MN
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 18, 2024, 07:18:07 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Election Archive
  Election Archive
  2016 U.S. Presidential Election
  Last minute expand map megathread - Spending & visits in AZ, GA, WI, NM, MI, MN
« previous next »
Pages: 1 2 3 4 [5] 6 7 8 9 10 ... 14
Author Topic: Last minute expand map megathread - Spending & visits in AZ, GA, WI, NM, MI, MN  (Read 15723 times)
Frozen Sky Ever Why
ShadowOfTheWave
Junior Chimp
United States

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #100 on: October 30, 2016, 09:24:12 PM »

Trump should carry WI without much trouble. He led there after the tax return and first debate. MI is a pure toss up, but the large number of undecideds favor Trump. I have NM going to Trump because it's Johnson's home state, but if he collapses there as he has nationwide Hillary could still have a chance.
Speed of Sound
LiberalPA
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #101 on: October 30, 2016, 09:25:22 PM »

Alright, Shadow needs to go on ignore until he takes his medicine.
IceSpear
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix
E: -6.19, S: -6.43

« Reply #102 on: October 30, 2016, 09:26:34 PM »

Trump should carry WI without much trouble. He led there after the tax return and first debate. MI is a pure toss up, but the large number of undecideds favor Trump. I have NM going to Trump because it's Johnson's home state, but if he collapses there as he has nationwide Hillary could still have a chance.

Where are you getting this from? Trump never led in a single Wisconsin poll...ever.

http://www.realclearpolitics.com/epolls/2016/president/wi/wisconsin_trump_vs_clinton-5659.html
Frozen Sky Ever Why
ShadowOfTheWave
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #103 on: October 30, 2016, 09:28:58 PM »

Where are you getting this from? Trump never led in a single Wisconsin poll...ever.

http://www.realclearpolitics.com/epolls/2016/president/wi/wisconsin_trump_vs_clinton-5659.html

He led by 1 in a single day sample of the most recent Marquette poll.
Holmes
Atlas Icon
Canada

Political Matrix
E: -6.45, S: -5.74

« Reply #104 on: October 30, 2016, 09:30:51 PM »

Wow. A single day in a sample of multiple days. RIP Hillary.
IceSpear
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #105 on: October 30, 2016, 09:32:15 PM »

What do you suppose the MoE was on that one day sample?
Frozen Sky Ever Why
ShadowOfTheWave
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #106 on: October 30, 2016, 09:37:31 PM »

The week after the first debate and the tax return scandal. If Trump was able to lead at that point than any recovery he gets is going to put him in the lead. Plus, outside of the PPP poll (which excluded third parties and was therefore useless), Hillary hasn't cracked 50% in the state in months. I was the one on this forum that said Trump would never win WI, but I assumed she'd be up by something like 51-44 at this point in the race, not 44-37. Those undecideds are basically lying or, as many others on this forum have stated, are looking for an excuse to vote GOP.
IceSpear
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #107 on: October 30, 2016, 09:44:21 PM »

The week after the first debate and the tax return scandal. If Trump was able to lead at that point than any recovery he gets is going to put him in the lead. Plus, outside of the PPP poll (which excluded third parties and was therefore useless), Hillary hasn't cracked 50% in the state in months. I was the one on this forum that said Trump would never win WI, but I assumed she'd be up by something like 51-44 at this point in the race, not 44-37. Those undecideds are basically lying or, as many others on this forum have stated, are looking for an excuse to vote GOP.

The page I just linked to has her up 47-41, not 44-37. Also, see the MoE post above. Your one day sample was probably something like +/-10%.
Hammy
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #108 on: October 30, 2016, 10:01:17 PM »
« Edited: October 30, 2016, 10:06:45 PM by Hammy »

https://uselectionatlas.org/POLLS/PRESIDENT/2016/polls.php?fips=55

Trump never led Wisconsin. Ever. And I've said it before--nobody is winning a state that goes consistently to the opposite party in the GE if they were not able to win that state in a non-caucus primary vote.
Mehmentum
Icefire9
YaBB God
United States

« Reply #109 on: October 30, 2016, 10:11:40 PM »

Trump never led Wisconsin. Ever. And I've said it before--nobody is winning a state that goes consistently to the opposite party in the GE if they were not able to win that state in a non-caucus primary vote.
I agree that Trump won't win Wisconsin, but the primary vote has nothing to do with it.  Off the top of my head, Obama won Indiana in 2008 despite losing the primary.
Hammy
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #110 on: October 30, 2016, 10:25:01 PM »

I agree that Trump won't win Wisconsin, but the primary vote has nothing to do with it.  Off the top of my head, Obama won Indiana in 2008 despite losing the primary.

I'm talking specifically 2016 not in general. Trump is very much hated among enough Republicans that in D-leaning states that he lost, there would not be enough willing to show up to give him a win. Similar to the Sanders supporters in R-leaning states with Clinton.
Badger
badger
Atlas Legend
United States

« Reply #111 on: October 31, 2016, 12:55:03 AM »

Understandable. NC, FL and NV look to be firmly in Trump's camp now, so it makes sense to push into bluer states.

Joking or stupid?

No, seriously. I'm genuinely not sure.
Fmr President & Senator Polnut
polnut
Atlas Icon
Australia

Political Matrix
E: -2.71, S: -5.22

« Reply #112 on: October 31, 2016, 12:58:03 AM »

Understandable. NC, FL and NV look to be firmly in Trump's camp now, so it makes sense to push into bluer states.

Joking or stupid?

These are people who thought Trump would only JUST lose when Clinton was up near double-digits. So... either performance art or a cretin. Remember this is Atlas, people would rather be the first to predict something, regardless. 
Badger
badger
Atlas Legend
United States

« Reply #113 on: October 31, 2016, 12:59:11 AM »

Joking or stupid?

These are people who thought Trump would only JUST lose when Clinton was up near double-digits. So... either performance art or a cretin. Remember this is Atlas, people would rather be the first to predict something, regardless. 

<sigh> True dat.

My God the hand wringing in other threads....
The Other Castro
Castro2020
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #114 on: October 31, 2016, 03:56:06 PM »

Gabriel Debenedetti ‏@gdebenedetti  10m10 minutes ago
Bernie's political operation says he'll campaign in NH ME MI WI OH NC IA NE CO AZ NV CA b/w now and Election Day. Quite a closing sprint.

Damnnnnnnnn.
SunSt0rm
Netherlands

« Reply #115 on: October 31, 2016, 03:57:05 PM »

Gabriel Debenedetti ‏@gdebenedetti  10m10 minutes ago
Bernie's political operation says he'll campaign in NH ME MI WI OH NC IA NE CO AZ NV CA b/w now and Election Day. Quite a closing sprint.

Damnnnnnnnn.

California lol

probably for some house races, nvm
Fmr President & Senator Polnut
polnut
Atlas Icon
Australia

Political Matrix
E: -2.71, S: -5.22

« Reply #116 on: October 31, 2016, 05:27:36 PM »

It's always funny watching the schedule of the last week come into place, it's like playing President Forever, and you keep zipping back and forth between the same 3-4 states.
Speed of Sound
LiberalPA
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #117 on: October 31, 2016, 05:34:43 PM »

Gabriel Debenedetti ‏@gdebenedetti  10m10 minutes ago

Damnnnnnnnn.

Smart. Nobody can say he didn't fall in line. He'll help drive young vote, and he's one of many popular Clinton surrogates that are criss crossing the nation to finish this out.
Likely Voter
Moderators
Junior Chimp

« Reply #118 on: October 31, 2016, 06:38:26 PM »

Looking at Trump and Pence's schedule  between now and Thursday

FL 7 stops
PA 4
NC 2
MI 2
WI 1

Look at this and their spending, PA is still 'plan A' to break the Clinton wall, as it always has been, but they are hunting for backup path plans like MI, WI (and CO and NM which were visited over the weekend).
IceSpear
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #119 on: October 31, 2016, 06:49:23 PM »

FL 7 stops
PA 4
NC 2
MI 2
WI 1

Look at this and their spending, PA is still 'plan A' to break the Clinton wall, as it always has been, but they are hunting for backup path plans like MI, WI (and CO and NM which were visited over the weekend).

Sounds very similar to the McCain/Romney strategy in the end game.
dspNY
United States

« Reply #120 on: October 31, 2016, 06:52:39 PM »

FL 7 stops
PA 4
NC 2
MI 2
WI 1

Nothing in NC or OH (NC because they are trailing, OH because they probably think they have it won and are overconfident)
‼realJohnEwards‼
MatteKudasai
United States

Political Matrix
E: -6.19, S: -4.87

« Reply #121 on: October 31, 2016, 06:54:35 PM »

FL 7 stops
PA 4
NC 2
MI 2
WI 1

Nothing in NC or OH (NC because they are trailing, OH because they probably think they have it won and are overconfident)
If NV is also in the bag, even PA won't be enough...
Speed of Sound
LiberalPA
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #122 on: November 01, 2016, 10:16:19 AM »
« Edited: November 01, 2016, 10:53:37 AM by Speed of Sound »

No expansion into PA by the large new Trump ad buy, and they won't be able to get one in now anymore. Looks like they're throwing in the towel on that one (as well they should).

Official announcement on the ad expansion:

https://twitter.com/ericbradner/status/793470063034634240

EDIT: This bumbling excuse for a well-run campaign apparently just forgot to list PA.

https://twitter.com/teddyschleifer/status/793480787677110272
AmericanNation

Political Matrix
E: 4.90, S: 1.91

« Reply #123 on: November 01, 2016, 11:46:25 AM »

FL 7 stops
PA 4
NC 2
MI 2
WI 1

Academically similar, but this is perfect positioning.  They are winning the big 3 (OH, NC, FL) and are looking for the last 10 to 11 Electoral votes in 9 states/districts.  If he wins NV he is looking for 4 or 5 electors in 8 states/districts.  How is Clinton going to defend everywhere when she is radioactive right now? 
GeorgiaModerate
Moderators
Atlas Superstar

« Reply #124 on: November 01, 2016, 12:02:16 PM »

FL 7 stops
PA 4
NC 2
MI 2
WI 1

Academically similar, but this is perfect positioning.  They are winning the big 3 (OH, NC, FL) and are looking for the last 10 to 11 Electoral votes in 9 states/districts.  If he wins NV he is looking for 4 or 5 electors in 8 states/districts.  How is Clinton going to defend everywhere when she is radioactive right now? 

In order:

He's not winning OH, NC, and FL right now.  OH at this point is probably Lean R, NC and FL Tossup to Lean D.

She's not radioactive right now.  Polls have shown very little movement due to Comey and she still has a clear lead in the polls, though narrower than it was a couple of weeks ago.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 [5] 6 7 8 9 10 ... 14  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies