The rise and rise of Evan McMullin (formerly Egg McMuffin)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 18, 2024, 04:38:52 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Election Archive
  Election Archive
  2016 U.S. Presidential Election
  The rise and rise of Evan McMullin (formerly Egg McMuffin)
« previous next »
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 7
Author Topic: The rise and rise of Evan McMullin (formerly Egg McMuffin)  (Read 13246 times)
Fargobison

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #75 on: October 22, 2016, 03:43:50 PM »

Saw some reports that McMullin will have a few Wyoming rallies next week.
Fitzgerald
Rookie
United States

Political Matrix
E: -7.74, S: -5.91

« Reply #76 on: October 22, 2016, 03:46:25 PM »
« Edited: October 22, 2016, 03:52:44 PM by Fitzgerald »

Well, he might be able to win Uinta County, at least.
Bakersfield Uber Alles
Fubart Solman
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #77 on: October 22, 2016, 03:49:45 PM »

That would be impressive; it will probably be his best county at the very least though. He's only a write in in Wyoming. Wyoming has given thought to write ins though. Back in 2010, a write in for US Senate got about 7% statewide. I could see McMullin hitting 5% or so; he could've had a higher ceiling if he was actually on the ballot.
Speed of Sound
LiberalPA
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #78 on: October 22, 2016, 03:53:56 PM »

I was able to release the weighted results of my GCS Utah poll today, and it is in line with what we've seen recently: Trump +3 in LVs, McMullin and Trump tied in RVs.
Fitzgerald
Rookie
United States

Political Matrix
E: -7.74, S: -5.91

« Reply #79 on: October 22, 2016, 03:55:07 PM »

That would be impressive; it will probably be his best county at the very least though. He's only a write in in Wyoming. Wyoming has given thought to write ins though. Back in 2010, a write in for US Senate got about 7% statewide. I could see McMullin hitting 5% or so; he could've had a higher ceiling if he was actually on the ballot.

What's really funny to me is that McMullin's platform is probably a lot closer to Wyoming's values than Trump's. Alas, my dear southern neighbors (at least, those outside Teton, Albany, and Sweetwater Counties) practically robo-vote for Republicans in every election, so he wouldn't have much pull even if he was officially on the ballot.
Bakersfield Uber Alles
Fubart Solman
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #80 on: October 22, 2016, 04:16:06 PM »
« Edited: October 22, 2016, 04:18:22 PM by Fubart Solman »

What's really funny to me is that McMullin's platform is probably a lot closer to Wyoming's values than Trump's. Alas, my dear southern neighbors (at least, those outside Teton, Albany, and Sweetwater Counties) practically robo-vote for Republicans in every election, so he wouldn't have much pull even if he was officially on the ballot.

I'd bet that the Mormons will give McMullin some love, but I'm not so sure about the other 90% of Wyoming.

I wish that we had more polls for him. I understand not doing nationwide polls, but some polls in states where he is on the ballot would be nice. I think that there's only been one Idaho poll with him (and I think it was an Atlas commissioned Google poll). CNU has been good about including him in their Virginia polls (where he is on the ballot). He's at about 3% in VA.

Edit: Lincoln and Big Horn counties in Wyoming could also be hot spots for McMullin, especially Lincoln.
Mr. Morden
Atlas Legend
United States

« Reply #81 on: October 22, 2016, 04:39:08 PM »

Btw, this thread is funny in retrospect:

https://uselectionatlas.org/FORUM/index.php?topic=236158.0

For the 100000th time: No. IT'S NOT GOING TO HAPPEN. When will Atlas finally realize this? lol

Who would have thought at that point that a no-name conservative 3rd party candidate would have a legitimate shot at winning a state in this election?

I bet if someone wrote a 2016 timeline a year ago, and included this sideplot about Evan McMullin being tied in Utah polls, the author would be criticized for being unrealistic.
Indy Texas
independentTX
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix
E: 0.52, S: -3.48

« Reply #82 on: October 22, 2016, 04:40:57 PM »

i am shocked how attractive, self-ironic and seemingly anti-sexist, anti-racist mister mcmuffin is.

where does the GOP hide such people?

They don't bother running under normal circumstances, and if they do, their handlers make them behave like reactionary fundamentalists to please The Base.
mencken
« Reply #83 on: October 22, 2016, 04:42:32 PM »

Jesus Christ (of Latter Day Saints)

He's going to win some counties in Idaho for sure. Madison County will be fascinating to watch. Going from 93% Republican to probably less than 33%.

I thought we knew better than to make political forecasts based on crowd sizes?
GeorgiaModerate
Moderators
Atlas Superstar

« Reply #84 on: October 22, 2016, 04:43:10 PM »

I bet if someone wrote a 2016 timeline a year ago, and included this sideplot about Evan McMullin being tied in Utah polls, the author would be criticized for being unrealistic.

That could apply to the entire election!
Bakersfield Uber Alles
Fubart Solman
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #85 on: October 22, 2016, 04:44:26 PM »

Btw, this thread is funny in retrospect:

https://uselectionatlas.org/FORUM/index.php?topic=236158.0

For the 100000th time: No. IT'S NOT GOING TO HAPPEN. When will Atlas finally realize this? lol

Who would have thought at that point that a no-name conservative 3rd party candidate would have a legitimate shot at winning a state in this election?

It would be like that scene from Back to the Future: "Who the hell is John F. Kennedy?" Granted, McMullin won't be the next president, but he was essentially no one before the election.

Hell, I probably would've called it unrealistic a month or two ago.
Mr. Morden
Atlas Legend
United States

« Reply #86 on: October 22, 2016, 04:51:27 PM »

This thread is also funny:

Honestly I think the whole point of this is to try and get this to a no-majority situation so the House can elect Paul Ryan an establishment Republican to the Presidency.

Uh, the guy has zero chance of winning any states, and a near zero chance of breaking 1% in any state except Utah.
PresidentSamTilden

« Reply #87 on: October 22, 2016, 05:53:36 PM »

What in the name of Joseph smith is Romney waiting for? An endorsement could put this man over the top in Utah! Is he worried about offending Trump supporters?
Fargobison

« Reply #88 on: October 22, 2016, 06:56:46 PM »

Nice to see McMullin getting some attention from the Sunday shows...

You must be logged in to read this quote.

https://twitter.com/GStephanopoulos/status/789931083731042304
On Fleek
on fleek
Rookie
« Reply #89 on: October 22, 2016, 07:15:16 PM »

That's strange cause according to Wikipedia he isn't even a write-in in Wyoming.

Btw, does anybody Mindy Finn's home state?
Figueira
Atlas Icon

« Reply #90 on: October 22, 2016, 07:29:49 PM »

That's strange cause according to Wikipedia he isn't even a write-in in Wyoming.

She was born in Texas, although I don't know where she lives currently.
On Fleek
on fleek
Rookie
« Reply #91 on: October 22, 2016, 07:37:01 PM »

She was born in Texas, although I don't know where she lives currently.

Empowered Women, whose founder and current president she is, is registered in Washington D.C.
Maybe that's her home "state" (or Virginia/Maryland). It seems like this is the biggest mystery of this election cycle...
Fargobison

« Reply #92 on: October 22, 2016, 07:37:57 PM »

Looks like they just added Wyoming yesterday...

https://twitter.com/TeamMcMullin/status/789580713020358657
On Fleek
on fleek
Rookie
« Reply #93 on: October 22, 2016, 07:49:42 PM »

Genuine ballot access or just write-ins?
Fargobison

« Reply #94 on: October 22, 2016, 08:00:53 PM »

It has to be write-in because I am pretty sure they missed the deadline in a few of those states.
Bakersfield Uber Alles
Fubart Solman
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #95 on: October 22, 2016, 08:21:40 PM »
« Edited: October 22, 2016, 08:24:17 PM by Fubart Solman »

It has to be write-in because I am pretty sure they missed the deadline in a few of those states.

Write-in. I've been watching Wiki's map of his ballot access over the last couple of weeks and it's all over the place. I wouldn't rely on the Wiki map for the write-in states.
JerryArkansas
jerryarkansas
YaBB God
United States

« Reply #96 on: October 23, 2016, 09:52:57 AM »

A poll for Arkansas is going to be released soon.  And McMullin just got endorsed by the speaker of the house here.  Lets see if he can get above 1% and Jill Stein, which shouldn't be too hard.
Bakersfield Uber Alles
Fubart Solman
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #97 on: October 23, 2016, 11:49:09 AM »

A poll for Arkansas is going to be released soon.  And McMullin just got endorsed by the speaker of the house here.  Lets see if he can get above 1% and Jill Stein, which shouldn't be too hard.

Isn't the Green Party strong (relatively speaking) in Arkansas?
JerryArkansas
jerryarkansas
YaBB God
United States

« Reply #98 on: October 23, 2016, 11:51:12 AM »

The last poll taken in September had Stein at .5%.  So it shouldn't be too hard to get over that.
Bakersfield Uber Alles
Fubart Solman
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #99 on: October 23, 2016, 11:57:29 AM »

The last poll taken in September had Stein at .5%.  So it shouldn't be too hard to get over that.

Intrerestlng. I just looked up the GP of Arkansas. They managed to elect someone to the lower house, which is what I was thinking of. Hopefully the poll includes McMullin.
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 7  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies