The rise and rise of Evan McMullin (formerly Egg McMuffin)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 26, 2024, 05:43:53 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Election Archive
  Election Archive
  2016 U.S. Presidential Election
  The rise and rise of Evan McMullin (formerly Egg McMuffin)
« previous next »
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 [6] 7
Author Topic: The rise and rise of Evan McMullin (formerly Egg McMuffin)  (Read 13276 times)
Fargobison

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #125 on: October 27, 2016, 03:37:30 PM »

This should help put Donnie over the top in Utah...

You must be logged in to read this quote.

https://twitter.com/DrDavidDuke/status/791421471159521281
MASHED POTATOES. VOTE!
Kalwejt
Atlas Institution

« Reply #126 on: October 27, 2016, 03:39:48 PM »

McMullin worked for the CIA, the Republicans in Congress and Goldman Sachs. If you vote for him you are probably a terrible person. Also, wasn't it cool to make fun of Mormons a few years back? Why the Lou Dobbs hate? If he did it in 2011 and 2012 he would be celebrated. 

Good point. People like McMullin, now posing as some wise men in comparision to Trumpsters, are the one responsible for worst foreign policy blunders since Vietnam, which only proves man of "Never Trump" people are hardly any better than Trump.

To be fair, at least McMullin is condemning Trump's anti-refugee talk and racism, which I doubt many of the "leaders" involved in Vietnam would.

Yes, but the irony is the refugee crisis was in part caused by "great foreign policy experts" like McMullin.

Sorry, but neocons with their record are just as unacceptable to me as Trump.
rafta_rafta

« Reply #127 on: October 27, 2016, 05:18:32 PM »

ApatheticAustrian
ApathicAustrian
Junior Chimp
Austria

« Reply #128 on: October 27, 2016, 05:20:38 PM »

this whole "cuck"-thing leaves the feeling the whole american nazi establishment is run by frat boys.
GeorgiaModerate
Moderators
Atlas Superstar

« Reply #129 on: October 27, 2016, 05:23:21 PM »

This should help put Donnie over the top in Utah...

https://twitter.com/DrDavidDuke/status/791421471159521281

McMullin's response:

https://twitter.com/Evan_McMullin/status/791735680665726976
ApatheticAustrian
ApathicAustrian
Junior Chimp
Austria

« Reply #130 on: October 27, 2016, 05:24:55 PM »

i am flabbergasted how serious mcmullin takes this approach.

sounds like someone i could think voting for if the alternative would be a corbwyn/stein-pseudo-leftist type.
On Fleek
on fleek
Rookie
« Reply #131 on: October 27, 2016, 05:39:12 PM »

Coolface Sock #42069
whitesox130
YaBB God
United States

Political Matrix
E: 4.39, S: 2.26

« Reply #132 on: October 27, 2016, 05:44:29 PM »

I think McMullin could get the Amish vote as well. The Amish are certainly not gonna vote for Drumpf in this election. Only problem is that I doubt McMullin is actually on the ballot in the Amish states such as Pennsylvania, Ohio, Indiana, Illinois and so on.
He is not on the ballot here in Illinois. Large Amish population here in the east central portion of the state. Same with northern Missouri (where he could be on the ballot for all I know).
An American Tail: Fubart Goes West
Fubart Solman
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #133 on: October 27, 2016, 06:48:09 PM »

I think McMullin could get the Amish vote as well. The Amish are certainly not gonna vote for Drumpf in this election. Only problem is that I doubt McMullin is actually on the ballot in the Amish states such as Pennsylvania, Ohio, Indiana, Illinois and so on.
He is not on the ballot here in Illinois. Large Amish population here in the east central portion of the state. Same with northern Missouri (where he could be on the ballot for all I know).

He's officially on the ballot in ID, UT, CO, NM, MN, IA, AR, LA, SC, KY, and VA. I'm pretty sure he's a write-in in MO though.
ag
Atlas Icon

« Reply #134 on: October 27, 2016, 07:58:25 PM »

McMullin worked for the CIA, the Republicans in Congress and Goldman Sachs. If you vote for him you are probably a terrible person. Also, wasn't it cool to make fun of Mormons a few years back? Why the Lou Dobbs hate? If he did it in 2011 and 2012 he would be celebrated.  

Millions of decent people are going to vote for all of the candidates.  A handful of loonies will vote for all of the candidates.  The people of America are much better than their Presidential candidates in this election, and are doing the best they can do with what they have to work with.

The only decent people who will vote for Trump are senile. Every other person voting for Trump is strictly worse than Trump himself.

And, no, I do not believe you to be senile.
ApatheticAustrian
ApathicAustrian
Junior Chimp
Austria

« Reply #135 on: October 27, 2016, 08:06:46 PM »

regarding the question why ordinary people are willing to vote for trump....imho a good article by conservative columnist matt lewis:

Understanding the Friction Between Trump and Journalists
https://www.rollcall.com/news/opinion/friction-donald-trump-president-journalists-working-class-elites

money quote:

Simfan34
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix
E: 0.90, S: 4.17

« Reply #136 on: October 27, 2016, 08:15:07 PM »

this whole "cuck"-thing leaves the feeling the whole american nazi establishment is run by frat boys.

Their usage "cuck" itself carries, uh, racial overtones, so you get the impression they have a certain kind of genital fixation.
DINGO Joe
dingojoe
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #137 on: October 28, 2016, 01:26:18 AM »
« Edited: October 28, 2016, 01:29:23 AM by The Unbearable Invicibility of Hillary Clinton »

He's officially on the ballot in ID, UT, CO, NM, MN, IA, AR, LA, SC, KY, and VA. I'm pretty sure he's a write-in in MO though.

http://amishamerica.com/do-amish-vote/

I doubt the Amish feel motivated to participate in this election.  And given their general non-usage of things like the internet, I doubt they know who McMullin is.
Lincoln Republican
Winfield
Atlas Icon

« Reply #138 on: October 28, 2016, 10:14:13 AM »
« Edited: October 28, 2016, 10:51:25 AM by Lincoln Republican »

I urge American voters from coast to coast to vote for McMullin/Finn in states where they are on the ballot and to vote for them as a write-in in states where they are not on the ballot.

McMullin and Finn will restore honesty and integrity to the American political system.

Simfan34
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix
E: 0.90, S: 4.17

« Reply #139 on: October 31, 2016, 06:46:30 AM »

I urge American voters from coast to coast to vote for McMullin/Finn in states where they are on the ballot and to vote for them as a write-in in states where they are not on the ballot.

McMullin and Finn will restore honesty and integrity to the American political system.

Finally, Winfield, you've started speaking sense again!
Fuzzy Bear
Atlas Star
United States

WWW Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #140 on: October 31, 2016, 07:37:10 AM »

If people want what you want, they'll have to vote Republican, and hope for a Faithless Elector scenario.

A vote for McMullin outside of UT is a vote for Hillary.

On the other hand, if trends continue the way they are going, it is possible that neither Trump nor Clinton would have 270 EV, which creates scenarios that are interesting.

I have little doubt that House Republicans would love to elect a President other than Donald Trump.  They are in a conundrum because folks will have actually voted for Trump, and that counts for something, but both they, and a lot of Republicans, would take any off ramp they could find to substitute someone other than Trump, and they would be doing so almost 2 years before they face the voters again.

I believe that the key to this happening is for McMullin to instruct his electors to vote for some other Republican for President that the House will support, and for Mike Pence for VP.  That begs a question of who that Republican would be.

Ted Cruz?

Marco Rubio?

John Kasich?

Jeb Bush?

Lindsey Graham?

Mitt Romney?

Paul Ryan?

I don't see McMullin as having the background to actually be chosen as the next President.  He's impressive for a Senate candidate, but he has no political base other than Utah, and in some other Mormon communities; beyond that, he's no more viable a candidate than you or I would be, resume and all.  (Although I think he's got more on the ball than a number of folks who DID run.)  I think that if McMullin blocks the path to 270 for both Trump and Hillary and chooses wisely, he could be the most stupendous Kingmaker in American History, and POSSIBLY be the next VICE-President or Secretary of State.
The Other Castro
Castro2020
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #141 on: October 31, 2016, 08:46:34 AM »

Favorable opinion piece today for McMullin in WashPost:

https://www.washingtonpost.com/opinions/global-opinions/inside-evan-mcmullins-10-years-undercover-in-the-cia/2016/10/30/10347aa6-9d42-11e6-9980-50913d68eacb_story.html?utm_term=.92bf9935a8e6
GeorgiaModerate
Moderators
Atlas Superstar

« Reply #142 on: October 31, 2016, 11:35:55 AM »

McMullin is endorsed by the Provo (Utah) Daily Herald: http://www.heraldextra.com/news/opinion/herald-editorials/herald-editorial-a-vote-for-mcmullin-is-a-vote-for/article_d5f3ca37-01ec-510c-9b02-7b71593fd0ce.html
HillOfANight
« Reply #143 on: October 31, 2016, 03:41:53 PM »

http://www.thedailybeast.com/articles/2016/10/31/white-nationalist-william-johnson-s-pro-trump-robocall-evan-mcmullin-is-gay.html

Evan's being attacked for maybe being gay because he's never been married
ApatheticAustrian
ApathicAustrian
Junior Chimp
Austria

« Reply #144 on: October 31, 2016, 03:49:25 PM »

can't understand why a CIA undercover agent wasn't married....seems like a great job to come around and meet new people

/sarcasm

don't want to diss mormons but.....desperate trial ballon to disenfranchise him from religious voters?
An American Tail: Fubart Goes West
Fubart Solman
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #145 on: October 31, 2016, 04:55:52 PM »

Not surprising that someone is trying that. The robocall itself is insane. Not sure how it will pursuade anyone.
GeorgiaModerate
Moderators
Atlas Superstar

« Reply #146 on: October 31, 2016, 05:15:47 PM »

Not surprising that someone is trying that. The robocall itself is insane. Not sure how it will pursuade anyone.

It might even backfire by bringing McMullin to the attention of more voters, as well as generating sympathy for the attack.
rafta_rafta

« Reply #147 on: October 31, 2016, 05:23:27 PM »

Romney's endorsement coould get him 2-3 percentage points easy. Utah is what  - 60% mormon?
Fargobison

« Reply #148 on: October 31, 2016, 06:02:49 PM »

Romney's endorsement coould get him 2-3 percentage points easy. Utah is what  - 60% mormon?

If Romney endorsed he could crack open the champagne bottles, he would have Utah in the bag.
Mehmentum
Icefire9
YaBB God
United States

« Reply #149 on: October 31, 2016, 06:40:53 PM »

If Romney was going to endorse, you'd think he would have done it by now.  I think McMullin is on his own here.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 [6] 7  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies