The rise and rise of Evan McMullin (formerly Egg McMuffin) (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 30, 2024, 08:57:01 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Election Archive
  Election Archive
  2016 U.S. Presidential Election
  The rise and rise of Evan McMullin (formerly Egg McMuffin) (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: The rise and rise of Evan McMullin (formerly Egg McMuffin)  (Read 13342 times)
Badger
badger
Atlas Legend
United States

« on: October 12, 2016, 10:15:24 PM »

Let's make this perfectly clear. the absolute best McMullen can realistically do would be if he gets paid public endorsement or other show of support from Romney, in which case he might, repeat might, drawing of modern too Conservative Republican voters to throw Utah to Hillary. Maybe. Any talk of McMullen carrying Utah is grossly unrealistic
Badger
badger
Atlas Legend
United States

« Reply #1 on: October 12, 2016, 11:36:07 PM »

Let's make this perfectly clear. the absolute best McMullen can realistically do would be if he gets paid public endorsement or other show of support from Romney, in which case he might, repeat might, drawing of modern too Conservative Republican voters to throw Utah to Hillary. Maybe. Any talk of McMullen carrying Utah is grossly unrealistic

A bold prediction, but I hope you realize you're explicitly saying the polling is massively incorrect.

I saw the most recent poll showing him competitive after making my post. That said, I will still stand by my statement. I'll slightly expanded to say that if major State Republicans come forward to support him even if for some reason Romney stands on the sidelines, he still has that chance. That also said, third-party candidates inevitably recede come election day. He needs the timing of big-name State Republicans to come out for him in the next couple weeks or he won't win.
Badger
badger
Atlas Legend
United States

« Reply #2 on: October 14, 2016, 12:02:21 AM »

Like I said in the Monmouth poll thread, I think the folks here claiming that it's "necessary" for him to get certain endorsements in order to at least finish in the top two in Utah are off the mark.  The most important thing is for him to get media exposure, so voters actually know who he is.  That Monmouth poll has a whopping 66% of voters having no opinion of him, yet he's still at 20% support.  The ideal scenario for him is to have his strong poll #s generate a bunch of news stories about him in Utah, leading much/most of that 66% to become aware of his existence, and then for a respectable chunk of those people to decide to vote for him.

I mean, Trump is at ~70% unfavorable in Utah, so there are a lot of potential voters for McMullin to pick off.  That can happen even without any advertising or endorsements.

That might be true, but endorsements from top Utah politicians or Mitt Romney would really help in generating these news.

Bingo
Badger
badger
Atlas Legend
United States

« Reply #3 on: October 15, 2016, 07:12:36 PM »

we need some polling out of ID stat.

any word whether at least some big GOP names in the state are considering backing him as is rumored in UT?
Badger
badger
Atlas Legend
United States

« Reply #4 on: October 27, 2016, 12:16:14 AM »

"Mormon Mafia"? Shocked How unapologetically bigoted.

But then it's Lou Dobbs, so.....
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies