Why are Democratic poll numbers cratering in the Senate.... (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 27, 2024, 01:27:05 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Other Elections - Analysis and Discussion
  Congressional Elections (Moderators: Brittain33, GeorgiaModerate, Gass3268, Virginiá, Gracile)
  Why are Democratic poll numbers cratering in the Senate.... (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: Why are Democratic poll numbers cratering in the Senate....  (Read 561 times)
morgieb
Junior Chimp
Australia

Political Matrix
E: -7.87, S: -8.70

« on: October 12, 2016, 06:30:04 PM »

...given Trump's are too?

I've seen Ayotte get her polling position back to break-even and get a clear lead on Trump, ditto Toomey, and even Johnson's managed to get a couple of promising polls for him.

Doesn't make a lot of sense for the Presidential race to go one way but the Senate to go the other. Are people not wanting to give Hillary too much of a mandate? Has there been very strong campaigns for the incumbent Senators? I haven't seen any gaffes lately either.

I'm probably being idiotic and hyperventilating here but if we can't win the Senate I'd kinda want Trump to win......
morgieb
Junior Chimp
Australia

Political Matrix
E: -7.87, S: -8.70

« Reply #1 on: October 12, 2016, 06:37:42 PM »

I'm probably being idiotic and hyperventilating here but if we can't win the Senate I'd kinda want Trump to win......
That thought is really stupid.  You would want a man who could murder millions to win?
Like I said, it's stupid, but what would Hillary get done in a Republican Congress? Even Supreme Court nominations look like they'll be tough, and it'll probably guarantee a Republican win in 2020.....

Plus I also think Trump's Presidency will be enough of a disaster that he'll cause massive ramifications for the Republican party long-term.
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies