Wikileaks: Clinton staff's covert political war against Catholicism
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 25, 2024, 04:16:50 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Election Archive
  Election Archive
  2016 U.S. Presidential Election
  Wikileaks: Clinton staff's covert political war against Catholicism
« previous next »
Pages: [1] 2 3 4
Author Topic: Wikileaks: Clinton staff's covert political war against Catholicism  (Read 3271 times)
RI
realisticidealist
Atlas Icon

Political Matrix
E: 0.39, S: 2.61

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« on: October 12, 2016, 07:50:15 PM »

This has been trending hard in Catholic circles today.

Quote from: Restricted
You must be logged in to read this quote.

Trump is already on it, as are Pence and Paul Ryan. Trump's campaign has called on Hillary to fire Podesta and Palmieri.

Quote from: Restricted
Mehmentum
Icefire9
YaBB God
United States

« Reply #1 on: October 12, 2016, 07:56:16 PM »

I don't have a problem with this.
Oakvale
oakvale
Atlas Icon
Ukraine
Political Matrix
E: -0.77, S: -4.00

« Reply #2 on: October 12, 2016, 07:56:42 PM »

Wow, what a bunch of losers American Catholics are.
Devout Centrist
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix
E: -99.99, S: -99.99

P P
« Reply #3 on: October 12, 2016, 07:57:00 PM »

Won't matter to Latinos or socially liberal Catholics.

The other 45% weren't going to vote for her anyway.
Fusionmunster

« Reply #4 on: October 12, 2016, 08:00:30 PM »

Thats one way to put it.
Classic Conservative
Junior Chimp

« Reply #5 on: October 12, 2016, 08:02:23 PM »

I have a major problem with this as a practicing Catholic, if any of this came to fruition, I'd probably start atteding SSPX. But this is what, I fear the Holy Father is doing right now, creating a more progressive church.
HisGrace
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #6 on: October 12, 2016, 08:03:18 PM »

Wouldn't call that a war on Catholicism any more than I'd call someone saying that Muslims in general need to treat women better a war on Islam.
Indy Texas
independentTX
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix
E: 0.52, S: -3.48

« Reply #7 on: October 12, 2016, 08:06:32 PM »

Well, let's be honest, if an educated, respectable person wants to be a conservative Christian, they become a very traditionalist Catholic.

That's why Republicans always pick Catholics as judicial nominees. They're staunchly pro-life, but they can argue cogently and attended elite universities. They're not some Liberty University grad who goes off on tangents about how evolution is "just a theory" during confirmation hearings.
rafta_rafta

« Reply #8 on: October 12, 2016, 08:09:25 PM »

Covert war?

jeez... that's a stretch even for GOP.
Gass3268
Moderators
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #9 on: October 12, 2016, 08:10:40 PM »

I don't see where the problem is here. Plus Jennifer Palmieri is a practicing Catholic.
Classic Conservative
Junior Chimp

« Reply #10 on: October 12, 2016, 08:12:00 PM »

I don't see where the problem is here. Plus Jennifer Palmieri is a practicing Catholic.
They are calling for a revolution within the College of Cardinals to bring down Traditional Catholic Teaching which has been in place for two thousand years.
Harry
Atlas Superstar
Ukraine

« Reply #11 on: October 12, 2016, 08:12:46 PM »

I hope this brings more attention to the CACG, considering how the majority of American Catholics (ie, the only major denomination of Christianity that Obama won) would support it if they knew it existed.
Devout Centrist
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix

P P
« Reply #12 on: October 12, 2016, 08:13:11 PM »

They are calling for a revolution within the College of Cardinals to bring down Traditional Catholic Teaching which has been in place for two thousand years.
How horrible.
Harry
Atlas Superstar
Ukraine

« Reply #13 on: October 12, 2016, 08:14:51 PM »

Just the moronic sexist, homophobic, and anti-contraception nonsense that the majority doesn't believe anyway.

Obviously liberal Catholics support traditional Catholic teachings like kindness and helping the poor (while many conservative Catholics do not).
Classic Conservative
Junior Chimp

« Reply #14 on: October 12, 2016, 08:17:07 PM »

How horrible.
Yes, the TEACHINGS OF THE CHURCH, instituted by the Saints are oh so horrible. The popes are Christs representatives on Earth. The teachings of the church are inspired by the life of Christ and his teachings. This is blasphemy. If I were there bishop, I would excommunicate them and if I was the Pope, I would excommunicate all Pro-Abortion members of the Supreme Court. Does your faith only matter on Sunday or do you live your faith everyday?
ApatheticAustrian
ApathicAustrian
Junior Chimp
Austria

« Reply #15 on: October 12, 2016, 08:18:06 PM »

still think it's outrageous that everyone can project they are embarassed or shocked by the cynical clinton campaign......while such information has never been published about any other campaign before.

still the only real vulnerability of clinton at this point at all.
Classic Conservative
Junior Chimp

« Reply #16 on: October 12, 2016, 08:19:29 PM »

Just the moronic sexist, homophobic, and anti-contraception nonsense that the majority doesn't believe anyway.

Obviously liberal Catholics support traditional Catholic teachings like kindness and helping the poor (while many conservative Catholics do not).
I mean like, most Catholics, I know and I attend Traditional Latin Mass follow the social teachings of helping the poor and kindness. Most traditional catholics, do not hate the gays but they do not believe they are doing what is moral and are committing sin.
Devout Centrist
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix

P P
« Reply #17 on: October 12, 2016, 08:20:09 PM »

How horrible.
Yes, the TEACHINGS OF THE CHURCH, instituted by the Saints are oh so horrible. The popes are Christs representatives on Earth. The teachings of the church are inspired by the life of Christ and his teachings. This is blasphemy. If I were there bishop, I would excommunicate them and if I was the Pope, I would excommunicate all Pro-Abortion members of the Supreme Court. Does your faith only matter on Sunday or do you live your faith everyday?
Part of the exact reason I left the Church.

‼realJohnEwards‼
MatteKudasai
United States

Political Matrix
E: -6.19, S: -4.87

« Reply #18 on: October 12, 2016, 08:21:24 PM »

How horrible.
The bible guides one on how to live one's life, not on how to force others to. At least, that's how I see it.
Cruzcrew
Paleocon
United States

« Reply #19 on: October 12, 2016, 08:25:06 PM »

I really don't need the Democratic Party trying to overthrow the foundation of my religion.
Lief 🗽
Lief
Atlas Legend

« Reply #20 on: October 12, 2016, 08:25:25 PM »

Sad that right-wing Catholics are so #triggered by two devout Catholics benignly discussing their religion in private.
ApatheticAustrian
ApathicAustrian
Junior Chimp
Austria

« Reply #21 on: October 12, 2016, 08:26:33 PM »

the foundation of our religion is contraception?

i think jesus is about more than that.
Mike88
Junior Chimp
Portugal

« Reply #22 on: October 12, 2016, 08:27:11 PM »

As a catholic and from a country where 80% of the population is catholic, i don't know what the fuss is about! In the last decade, priest after priest left the church because of the very conservative views on women, marriage of priests and even gay marriage. The ordination of women is defended by many priests here in Portugal and including many politicians. And also many priests have abandon the church to form family leaving towns and villages in rural Portugal with mass for weeks and mouths. The Catholic Church needs a big reform to stop the bleeding that is has been having.
Gass3268
Moderators
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #23 on: October 12, 2016, 08:27:31 PM »

They are calling for reforms. No different than what happened in Vatican II.
RI
realisticidealist
Atlas Icon

Political Matrix
E: 0.39, S: 2.61

« Reply #24 on: October 12, 2016, 08:29:12 PM »

Sad that right-wing Catholics are so #triggered by two devout Catholics benignly discussing their religion in private.

lol. What Podesta's done is grounds for explicit excommunication.
Pages: [1] 2 3 4  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies