Wikileaks: Clinton staff's covert political war against Catholicism
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 24, 2024, 07:36:24 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Election Archive
  Election Archive
  2016 U.S. Presidential Election
  Wikileaks: Clinton staff's covert political war against Catholicism
« previous next »
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4
Author Topic: Wikileaks: Clinton staff's covert political war against Catholicism  (Read 3268 times)
Sprouts Farmers Market ✘
Sprouts
Atlas Icon
Italy

Political Matrix
E: -4.90, S: 1.74

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #50 on: October 12, 2016, 10:40:27 PM »

Did I call this on Day 1 or what? I've been saying since the beginning that she obviously harbors anti-Catholic views, which is why she destroyed the beautiful Kennedy family, the true heirs of the Democratic Party that I used to know and love, oh so deeply. Until their throne is restored, [I'll come up with a threat later.]

The even bigger story getting traction is that she still harbors anti-gay views, but her husband already told us so much, didn't he?!

0fer2, Hitlery.
Orthogonian Society Treasurer
CommanderClash
YaBB God
Bermuda

Political Matrix
E: 0.32, S: 4.78

P
« Reply #51 on: October 12, 2016, 10:44:15 PM »

Sad that right-wing Catholics are so #triggered by two devout Catholics benignly discussing their religion in private.

lol. What Podesta's done is grounds for explicit excommunication.

Okay, have fun excommunicating a majority of American Catholics. Roll Eyes

If only! In truth, these folks deserve much, much worse. Not good! We're going to have to be very, very tough on heresy.
We need more nonreligious people in the world.

Agreed!

Quote from: Restricted
You must be logged in to read this quote.
RI
realisticidealist
Atlas Icon

Political Matrix
E: 0.39, S: 2.61

« Reply #52 on: October 12, 2016, 10:48:15 PM »

How is this any different from Pope Francis' initiatives?

Show me where Pope Francis says that "gay sex comes from God", "I have never seen any rational reason why a woman could not be a priest", or says we should over turn teaching on contraception 'cuz everyone's doin' it.
Okay, maybe Mike Johnson is a competent parliamentarian.
Nathan
Moderators
Atlas Superstar

« Reply #53 on: October 12, 2016, 10:55:05 PM »

Sad that right-wing Catholics are so #triggered by two devout Catholics benignly discussing their religion in private.

If only! In truth, these folks deserve much, much worse. Not good! We're going to have to be very, very tough on heresy.

Agreed!

Yikes. If Lombard was right that a Christian's love for her neighbor literally is God and that through it she is divinized, he was certainly far from God when he wrote that.
Simfan34
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix
E: 0.90, S: 4.17

« Reply #54 on: October 12, 2016, 10:55:59 PM »
« Edited: October 12, 2016, 11:06:35 PM by Simfan34 »

This is pretty disgusting. It's nothing less than a cultural war to Episcopalian-ise (i.e., what Nathan called latitudinarianism) Catholicism. It's sad that this election has become so awful that blatant meddling in the attempt to subvert a religious group's teachings-- teachings which, mind you, I fundamentally hold to be correct teachings-- can be rendered marginal issues.

At the same time, claims that this is comparable to the Holy Father's theological views-- the "radicality" of which are vastly, vastly overstated in the popular media, and even in some Catholic media-- or the Vatican II reforms, are absolutely ridiculous and patently absurd.

But then again so is Classic Conservative's apparent claim that most people (or even most people he knows!) attend Latin Mass. (!!!)
Simfan34
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #55 on: October 12, 2016, 11:04:54 PM »

Anyway, the idea of democratizing the governance of the Catholic Church--and, by implication, in this context, at least some elements of Catholic moral theology--is all well and good from a postmodern 'metanarratives' perspective, but not only is it unsound according to the tools and heuristics used within Catholicism, it's also unsound according to traditional Enlightenment rationalism, in which statements, including moral statements, are either true or they're not. Overt anticlericalism would be a far more intellectually honest stance here.

It's very possible that a Civil Constitution of the Clergy-style 'Catholic Church of America', if governed democratically, would arrive at theopolitical conclusions of which the Clinton campaign would approve, but the Catholic Church worldwide would almost certainly not.

This post really hits the nail on the head. Catholic teaching, or really any kind of moral framework, isn't and obviously shouldn't be based on what's popular or what can be agreed upon "democratically". It's about upholding universal and eternal truths.  There can obviously be disagreement as to what these truths are, but the idea that it's not something you can just determine by majority vote or what not is... kind of obvious.
PresidentTRUMP
2016election

« Reply #56 on: October 13, 2016, 08:33:01 AM »

This leak REALLY pisses me off as a Catholic. Not sure what else to say after reading it, unbelievable.
riceowl
riceowl315
YaBB God

« Reply #57 on: October 13, 2016, 08:42:35 AM »

Someone said on CNN that these emails were from 2011, long before they were part of the Clinton campaign.

And, regardless of whether or not that's true, what does this have to do with HRC?
Devout Centrist
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix
E: -99.99, S: -99.99

P P
« Reply #58 on: October 13, 2016, 08:52:50 AM »

Agreed!

What a peaceful religion!
PresidentTRUMP
2016election

« Reply #59 on: October 13, 2016, 08:54:05 AM »

WOW. "what a peaceful religion". Nothing else needs to be said with that statement to me or any other Catholic voters. Thanks for the kind words.
Harry
Atlas Superstar
Ukraine

« Reply #60 on: October 13, 2016, 09:20:56 AM »

This leak REALLY pisses me off as a Catholic. Not sure what else to say after reading it, unbelievable.

Leave the persecution complex to the whiny evangelicals. We're better than that.
Landslide Lyndon
px75
Atlas Star
Greece

« Reply #61 on: October 13, 2016, 09:52:36 AM »

So, Paul Ryan has nothing to say about the fact that his party's presidential nominee is a sexual predator but he is up in arms about THIS???

Ok.
Mallow
United States

« Reply #62 on: October 13, 2016, 09:53:51 AM »

Someone said on CNN that these emails were from 2011, long before they were part of the Clinton campaign.

And, regardless of whether or not that's true, what does this have to do with HRC?
Badger
badger
Atlas Legend
United States

« Reply #63 on: October 13, 2016, 11:40:29 AM »

Devout Centrist
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix
E: -99.99, S: -99.99

P P
« Reply #64 on: October 13, 2016, 11:42:57 AM »

WOW. "what a peaceful religion". Nothing else needs to be said with that statement to me or any other Catholic voters. Thanks for the kind words.
Posting a quote that suggests getting pleasure from viewing eternal torment is horrible. Indeed, it's one of the reasons I left the Church.

Besides, if it were Islam, you wouldn't give a sh*t. Save your false rage for Trump.
PresidentTRUMP
2016election

« Reply #65 on: October 13, 2016, 11:52:58 AM »

So, Paul Ryan has nothing to say about the fact that his party's presidential nominee is a sexual predator but he is up in arms about THIS???

Ok.

Nanci Polosi and Reid aren't at all upset their primary was rigged and Clinton has been shown as maybe the most corrupt politician ever, and that is saying SOMETHING.

ok.
Badger
badger
Atlas Legend
United States

« Reply #66 on: October 13, 2016, 11:59:01 AM »

Ok.

Nanci Polosi and Reid aren't at all upset their primary was rigged and Clinton has been shown as maybe the most corrupt politician ever, and that is saying SOMETHING.

ok.

WTF does that even mean? seriously?

and lol at the concept that Trump hasn't proven hmself the most corrupt bastard to ever come close to running for president.

not ok
seb_pard
« Reply #67 on: October 13, 2016, 12:05:40 PM »

I don't see where the problem is here. Plus Jennifer Palmieri is a practicing Catholic.
They are calling for a revolution within the College of Cardinals to bring down Traditional Catholic Teaching which has been in place for two thousand years.
Just the moronic sexist, homophobic, and anti-contraception nonsense that the majority doesn't believe anyway.

Obviously liberal Catholics support traditional Catholic teachings like kindness and helping the poor (while many conservative Catholics do not).
I mean like, most Catholics, I know and I attend Traditional Latin Mass follow the social teachings of helping the poor and kindness. Most traditional catholics, do not hate the gays but they do not believe they are doing what is moral and are committing sin.
Lol I go to mass almost every day and I can assure you that most of  catholics doesn't attend  traditional latin mass. And please can you tell me that's is wrong with the Vatican II???

ag
Atlas Icon

« Reply #68 on: October 13, 2016, 12:18:24 PM »

If only! In truth, these folks deserve much, much worse than excommunication. Not good! We're going to have to be very, very tough on heresy.

I am pretty sure, within a year or two you will be advocating for the excommunication of the Pope.
Landslide Lyndon
px75
Atlas Star
Greece

« Reply #69 on: October 13, 2016, 12:19:53 PM »

Ok.

ok.

I like that you put "maybe".
Also, learn to spell Pelosi's name.
Figueira
Atlas Icon

« Reply #70 on: October 13, 2016, 12:22:33 PM »

I hope this is true. This makes me much more enthusiastic about my Clinton vote if she's willing to take on the Catholic Church.
Okay, maybe Mike Johnson is a competent parliamentarian.
Nathan
Moderators
Atlas Superstar

« Reply #71 on: October 13, 2016, 12:50:36 PM »
« Edited: October 13, 2016, 01:03:17 PM by Ah! tout est bu, tout est mangé! Plus rien à dire! »

I don't see where the problem is here. Plus Jennifer Palmieri is a practicing Catholic.
They are calling for a revolution within the College of Cardinals to bring down Traditional Catholic Teaching which has been in place for two thousand years.
Just the moronic sexist, homophobic, and anti-contraception nonsense that the majority doesn't believe anyway.

Obviously liberal Catholics support traditional Catholic teachings like kindness and helping the poor (while many conservative Catholics do not).
I mean like, most Catholics, I know and I attend Traditional Latin Mass follow the social teachings of helping the poor and kindness. Most traditional catholics, do not hate the gays but they do not believe they are doing what is moral and are committing sin.
Lol I go to mass almost every day and I can assure you that most of  catholics doesn't attend  traditional latin mass. And please can you tell me that's is wrong with the Vatican II???

ClassicConservative is pretty...unique in his expression of his views. And, apparently, in his perception of how common they are.

I hope this is true. This makes me much more enthusiastic about my Clinton vote if she's willing to take on the Catholic Church.

Explain what business the President of the United States has 'taking on' a religion.
Chunk Yogurt for President!
CELTICEMPIRE
Junior Chimp
Georgia

« Reply #72 on: October 13, 2016, 01:20:00 PM »

My 2 cents as a non-Catholic:

Why would the Catholic Church change its teachings to pander to the US and Western Europe when religion in general is decreasing in those places and Catholicism is increasing in other parts of the world?
Simfan34
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #73 on: October 13, 2016, 02:17:55 PM »

My 2 cents as a non-Catholic:

Why would the Catholic Church change its teachings to pander to the US and Western Europe when religion in general is decreasing in those places and Catholicism is increasing in other parts of the world?

Indeed. The face of the future:

Person Man
Angry_Weasel
Atlas Superstar
United States

« Reply #74 on: October 13, 2016, 02:31:54 PM »

I have to say this about this:

Back when I was going to get married, I went to church with her parents sometimes. They were always complaining about it afterwards at Starbucks when the priest would go on tangents about  particular issues between the sermon and Eucharist. I once tried to take light of the situation and talk about an old roommate who was a loyal pro-life Democrat, but that really didn't help as they were Pro-Choice Obama Republicans. The sermons were always very good and uplifting but still, they must talk about people sinning when they are "allowed to do whatever they want". I, for one, don't expect the Church to change to fit my views and I usually go to an Episcopal church on my own. Personally, I simply can't change my view on that issue but I hope that I will be forgiven regardless.
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies