Limbaugh: The left calls the "rape police" if there's no consent
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 23, 2024, 12:37:18 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  General Politics
  U.S. General Discussion (Moderators: The Dowager Mod, Chancellor Tanterterg)
  Limbaugh: The left calls the "rape police" if there's no consent
« previous next »
Pages: [1] 2
Author Topic: Limbaugh: The left calls the "rape police" if there's no consent  (Read 1739 times)
Frozen Sky Ever Why
ShadowOfTheWave
Junior Chimp
United States

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« on: October 12, 2016, 09:33:26 PM »

http://www.dailykos.com/story/2016/10/12/1581638/-Limbaugh-hits-new-low-The-Left-calls-the-rape-police-if-there-s-no-consent

[quote]You know what the magic word, the only thing that matters in American sexual mores today is? One thing. You can do anything, the left will promote and understand and tolerate anything, as long as there is one element. Do you know what it is? Consent. If there is consent on both or all three or all four, however many are involved in the sex act, it's perfectly fine. Whatever it is. But if the left ever senses and smells that there's no consent in part of the equation then here come the rape police. But consent is the magic key to the left.
Goldwater
Republitarian
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix
E: 1.55, S: -4.52

« Reply #1 on: October 12, 2016, 09:41:36 PM »

The left dislikes it when sex isn't consensual? Well, no sh**t sherlock.
Queen Mum Inks.LWC
Inks.LWC
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix
E: 4.65, S: -2.78

P P

« Reply #2 on: October 12, 2016, 09:47:58 PM »

The left? How about people with a conscience, or even half a conscience. This rape stuff coming from some Republicans is just utterly disgusting.
MasterJedi
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #3 on: October 12, 2016, 09:50:47 PM »

The left? How about people with a conscience, or even half a conscience. This rape stuff coming from some Republicans is just utterly disgusting.

They consider themselves gifts to women and don't believe in rape, what do you expect?
Associate Justice PiT
PiT (The Physicist)
Atlas Politician
Atlas Superstar
United States

« Reply #4 on: October 12, 2016, 10:09:47 PM »

I think his point is less that nonconsensual sex is fine (he does still allude to it in that rape police sentence) and more that consent should not legitimize immoral acts (e.g. threesomes). Still terrible stuff.
Seneca
Rookie

« Reply #5 on: October 12, 2016, 10:26:28 PM »

I think his point is less that nonconsensual sex is fine (he does still allude to it in that rape police sentence) and more that consent should not legitimize immoral acts (e.g. threesomes). Still terrible stuff.

What?
Associate Justice PiT
PiT (The Physicist)
Atlas Politician
Atlas Superstar
United States

« Reply #6 on: October 12, 2016, 10:31:57 PM »

What?

That's what Rush Limbaugh is saying. I'm not defending it.
Devout Centrist
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix
E: -99.99, S: -99.99

P P
« Reply #7 on: October 13, 2016, 12:06:07 AM »

So much sh*t, it's Saudi approved.
Joe Republic
Atlas Legend
Ukraine

« Reply #8 on: October 13, 2016, 12:29:29 AM »

You must be logged in to read this quote.

With this single minor change, this paragraph is now entirely correct.
Landslide Lyndon
px75
Atlas Star
Greece

« Reply #9 on: October 13, 2016, 03:09:15 AM »

But don't call them deplorables.
Adam Griffin
Atlas Star
Greece

Political Matrix
E: -7.35, S: -6.26

« Reply #10 on: October 13, 2016, 04:44:11 AM »

I was going to quote my post from last week about how Republicans love rape and can't for the life of themselves ever stop talking about it, but it appears that it was deleted. Cry

This of course was posted before Trump's rape comments. At least I'm perpetually being vindicated!

Also, nobody calls "the rape police". There's just "the police", because rape is a crime - whether the GOP loves it or not.
MASHED POTATOES. VOTE!
Kalwejt
Atlas Institution

« Reply #11 on: October 13, 2016, 04:52:10 AM »

What's the deal with Republicans and rape? Seriously.
Absentee Voting Ghost of Ruin
Runeghost
Atlas Icon

« Reply #12 on: October 13, 2016, 10:27:51 AM »

It's the "rape culture" that keeps getting brought up. With a huge helping of "we liked it better when women were second-class citizens / chattel".

It's the idea that as long as you're rich, preferably white, and don't beat her up in a dark parking garage first, it can't possibly be rape. It's the idea that men are better than women, but have had to cave in to "uppity" women, because reasons.

The Republicans know it's wrong, know its bs, but they don't like admitting that. So they generally keep their support for rape, their opposition to women with agency, their misogyny, deeply buried. They resort to dog whistles and face saving excuses most of the time. (Abortion bans aren't about controlling women's reproduction - they do it FOR THE CHILDREN.)

And Limbaugh, with the Trump example to egg him on, just pulled a bunch of that right out into the light without even realizing what he'd done. (Watch for him to start trying to scrape the dirt back over his dump as soon as realization hits.)

Really this is just the latest peak of something that's been coming for a long time: the GOP is history. The worst parts of history. And they're on their way to extinction and that's a good thing. They're never really coming back from Trump. Oh, they might surge up a bit for a while, but they're DONE. The tough part is how big a mess they'll make in their dying.
Person Man
Angry_Weasel
Atlas Superstar
United States

« Reply #13 on: October 13, 2016, 10:30:43 AM »

It's the "rape culture" that keeps getting brought up. With a huge helping of "we liked it better when women were second-class citizens / chattel".

It's the idea that as long as you're rich, preferably white, and don't beat her up in a dark parking garage first, it can't possibly be rape. It's the idea that men are better than women, but have had to cave in to "uppity" women, because reasons.

The Republicans know it's wrong, know its bs, but they don't like admitting that. So they generally keep their support for rape, their opposition to women with agency, their misogyny, deeply buried. They resort to dog whistles and face saving excuses most of the time. (Abortion bans aren't about controlling women's reproduction - they do it FOR THE CHILDREN.)

And Limbaugh, with the Trump example to egg him on, just pulled a bunch of that right out into the light without even realizing what he'd done. (Watch for him to start trying to scrape the dirt back over his dump as soon as realization hits.)

Really this is just the latest peak of something that's been coming for a long time: the GOP is history. The worst parts of history. And they're on their way to extinction and that's a good thing. They're never really coming back from Trump. Oh, they might surge up a bit for a while, but they're DONE. The tough part is how big a mess they'll make in their dying.

Where do women in the Nationalist and Conservative Media and "Intelligensia" fit into all of this. What is the deal with the Coulters, Palins, Conways, and Bachmanns of the world?
OSR stands with Israel
Computer89
Atlas Legend

Political Matrix
E: 3.42, S: 2.61

P P P

« Reply #14 on: October 13, 2016, 11:19:27 AM »

Totally and utterly disgusting
Oldiesfreak1854
Atlas Icon
United States

WWW Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #15 on: October 13, 2016, 12:47:50 PM »

Rape, by definition, is sex without consent.
‼realJohnEwards‼
MatteKudasai
United States

Political Matrix
E: -6.19, S: -4.87

« Reply #16 on: October 13, 2016, 01:39:53 PM »

So what'd he's saying is, as long as both sides agree, in a liberal society they can commit whatever sexual actions they want.

I fail to see the problem with this.
Associate Justice PiT
PiT (The Physicist)
Atlas Politician
Atlas Superstar
United States

« Reply #17 on: October 13, 2016, 01:42:06 PM »

So what'd he's saying is, as long as both sides agree, in a liberal society they can commit whatever sexual actions they want.

He's saying that he doesn't want the liberal society that he's describing.
DINGO Joe
dingojoe
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #18 on: October 13, 2016, 01:54:42 PM »

Where do Limbaugh's Dominican cabana boys fit in all this?
‼realJohnEwards‼
MatteKudasai
United States

Political Matrix
E: -6.19, S: -4.87

« Reply #19 on: October 13, 2016, 02:16:40 PM »

I know. I'm saying that I don't see any problem with that society, much less with that specific part of it.
Person Man
Angry_Weasel
Atlas Superstar
United States

« Reply #20 on: October 13, 2016, 02:37:52 PM »

I know. I'm saying that I don't see any problem with that society, much less with that specific part of it.

To the Liberal, he seems to be trivializing rape but he probably means that any form of sexual activity needs the community's consent. This idea isn't that outlandish. It is the church's position that when one sin happens within a marriage or home, that it is considered a bad thing for the community as a whole. It is kind of an Eastern mindset, but it is not foreign to the West.
Enduro
Junior Chimp

« Reply #21 on: October 13, 2016, 02:41:46 PM »

*sigh
Associate Justice PiT
PiT (The Physicist)
Atlas Politician
Atlas Superstar
United States

« Reply #22 on: October 13, 2016, 06:23:37 PM »

I was going to quote my post from last week about how Republicans love rape and can't for the life of themselves ever stop talking about it, but it appears that it was deleted. Cry

This of course was posted before Trump's rape comments. At least I'm perpetually being vindicated!

Also, nobody calls "the rape police". There's just "the police", because rape is a crime - whether the GOP loves it or not.

Speaking as someone with multiple family members who have been sexually assaulted, I'm honestly glad that Trump's comments went public; not just because it's destroying his campaign, but also because it's helping to expose rape culture to the masses. This might be the first positive cultural impact of his campaign other than him making the idea of "building a wall" a total joke to any sane person, while a decade ago, even plenty of Democrats paid lip service to the idea.

What is the left going to do with this, though? I think rape is terrible and I'm open to ideas on how to reduce the incidence of rape, but what I've heard coming out of the left on the issue is largely inane. If it's going to be namby-pamby stuff like consent courses (because people are somehow smart enough to go to college yet are blithering idiots who don't know what consent is), then y'all are just going to waste your time.
TDAS04
Atlas Star
Bhutan

« Reply #23 on: October 13, 2016, 07:18:37 PM »

Rush is scum.
Devout Centrist
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix
E: -99.99, S: -99.99

P P
« Reply #24 on: October 13, 2016, 08:06:47 PM »

Speaking as someone with multiple family members who have been sexually assaulted, I'm honestly glad that Trump's comments went public; not just because it's destroying his campaign, but also because it's helping to expose rape culture to the masses. This might be the first positive cultural impact of his campaign other than him making the idea of "building a wall" a total joke to any sane person, while a decade ago, even plenty of Democrats paid lip service to the idea.

What is the left going to do with this, though? I think rape is terrible and I'm open to ideas on how to reduce the incidence of rape, but what I've heard coming out of the left on the issue is largely inane. If it's going to be namby-pamby stuff like consent courses (because people are somehow smart enough to go to college yet are blithering idiots who don't know what consent is), then y'all are just going to waste your time.
You put way too much faith in people who attend college.
Pages: [1] 2  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies