Limbaugh: The left calls the "rape police" if there's no consent
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 23, 2024, 08:57:58 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  General Politics
  U.S. General Discussion (Moderators: The Dowager Mod, Chancellor Tanterterg)
  Limbaugh: The left calls the "rape police" if there's no consent
« previous next »
Pages: 1 [2]
Author Topic: Limbaugh: The left calls the "rape police" if there's no consent  (Read 1740 times)
Associate Justice PiT
PiT (The Physicist)
Atlas Politician
Atlas Superstar
United States

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #25 on: October 13, 2016, 09:08:51 PM »

I was going to quote my post from last week about how Republicans love rape and can't for the life of themselves ever stop talking about it, but it appears that it was deleted. Cry

This of course was posted before Trump's rape comments. At least I'm perpetually being vindicated!

Also, nobody calls "the rape police". There's just "the police", because rape is a crime - whether the GOP loves it or not.

Speaking as someone with multiple family members who have been sexually assaulted, I'm honestly glad that Trump's comments went public; not just because it's destroying his campaign, but also because it's helping to expose rape culture to the masses. This might be the first positive cultural impact of his campaign other than him making the idea of "building a wall" a total joke to any sane person, while a decade ago, even plenty of Democrats paid lip service to the idea.

What is the left going to do with this, though? I think rape is terrible and I'm open to ideas on how to reduce the incidence of rape, but what I've heard coming out of the left on the issue is largely inane. If it's going to be namby-pamby stuff like consent courses (because people are somehow smart enough to go to college yet are blithering idiots who don't know what consent is), then y'all are just going to waste your time.
You put way too much faith in people who attend college.

That thought occurred to me after I made the post. Hell, with some of the videos I've seen of college kids I wouldn't be surprised if there are college students today who couldn't define "consent".
Southern Senator North Carolina Yankee
North Carolina Yankee
Moderators
Atlas Institution
United States

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #26 on: October 13, 2016, 09:53:18 PM »

He must have decided he was late for his outrageous sex related comment of the election.

Probably part of his business model at this point.
Pages: 1 [2]  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies