How should we improve life for veterans? (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 30, 2024, 08:08:23 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  General Politics
  Political Debate (Moderator: Torie)
  How should we improve life for veterans? (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: How should we improve life for veterans?  (Read 445 times)
dead0man
Atlas Legend
United States

« on: October 15, 2016, 07:36:05 AM »

aha!  That's what immediately occurred to me as well, then I decided not to post it because sardonic rhetorical flair doesn't really answer the question.
And as long as Americans believe in the stupid lesser of two we'll keep getting in wars.  I had hopes Obama was going to change that, he didn't.  I don't have that hope with Hillary or Trump.  If a voter is anti-war and end up voting for either of them, they're an asshole.  There is a reason the military loves Gary Johnson a lot more than the general public and it's not the weed.

As for the OP, get rid of Vet Hospitals and let Vets get healthcare at regular healthcare places, let the taxpayer cover it or some of it.  How about 20 years active gets you full coverage, 10 years gets you half....so every 5 years served you get 25% of your medical bills paid for.  For years spent in a war zone, times it by 5...maybe 4 so you have to re-enlist at least once to get full benis.  It might be more expensive, but if it means there are fewer suicides and the vets that don't kill themselves get better care, who cares?

(as a Vet, I'm a bit biased)
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies