Trump's numbers in NYC suburbs
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 01, 2024, 02:37:20 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Election Archive
  Election Archive
  2016 U.S. Presidential Election
  Trump's numbers in NYC suburbs
« previous next »
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: Trump's numbers in NYC suburbs  (Read 771 times)
Arbitrage1980
Show only this user's posts in this thread
« on: October 15, 2016, 01:57:20 PM »

Trump is down only single digits in the affluent NYC suburban counties: Bergen, Nassau, Suffolk, Dutchess, Rockland. This is surprising given that they have a very high % of well educated affluent professionals, and Nassau and Bergen also have large Asian and Jewish populations. Is this simply the "hometown" effect or is there something else going on here?
Gass3268
Moderators
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #1 on: October 15, 2016, 01:58:09 PM »

I'd want to see a poll since pussygate to comment.
‼realJohnEwards‼
MatteKudasai
United States

Political Matrix
E: -6.19, S: -4.87

« Reply #2 on: October 15, 2016, 02:32:43 PM »

Trump has a great relationship with the Mafia.
voter1993
Rookie
« Reply #3 on: October 15, 2016, 02:53:02 PM »

I live in NYC suburbs, (union county,nj) I see a lot of trump signs and a lot of support for him in New Jersey, i see him doing better than obama 2012... but i can be proven wrong after all the scandals. (btw i'm voting trump too).
NOVA Green
Oregon Progressive
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #4 on: October 15, 2016, 03:17:06 PM »

Trump is down only single digits in the affluent NYC suburban counties: Bergen, Nassau, Suffolk, Dutchess, Rockland. This is surprising given that they have a very high % of well educated affluent professionals, and Nassau and Bergen also have large Asian and Jewish populations. Is this simply the "hometown" effect or is there something else going on here?

Have we actually seen polls from most of these counties?

I recall seeing the ones from Long Island a few weeks back, but don't recall seeing anything out of Bergen  or most of the other counties.

I do find it a little hard to grok the concept that Bergen is in single digits if Clinton is leading NJ by 15 points tbh.
hopper
United States

« Reply #5 on: October 15, 2016, 03:26:51 PM »

I do find it a little hard to grok the concept that Bergen is in single digits if Clinton is leading NJ by 15 points tbh.
Yeah McCain lost NJ by 15% points(57-42%) in 2008 and he lost Bergen County by 9% points 54-45% to Obama.
Blackacre
Spenstar3D
United States

Political Matrix
E: -5.35, S: -7.22

« Reply #6 on: October 15, 2016, 03:29:56 PM »

No chance in hell he wins Westchester county or even makes it close. He'll probably win my hometown of Somers though
hopper
United States

« Reply #7 on: October 15, 2016, 03:32:11 PM »

I live in NYC suburbs, (union county,nj) I see a lot of trump signs and a lot of support for him in New Jersey, i see him doing better than obama 2012... but i can be proven wrong after all the scandals. (btw i'm voting trump too).
I don't think there is a lot of support for Trump in Newark, Jersey City, and The Hudson and Southeastern Bergen County 'Burbs.
Seriously?
United States

« Reply #8 on: October 15, 2016, 03:35:31 PM »

Hometown effect. Also remember there's a lot of blue collar folks that can't afford to live in the city in the NYC burbs.

I always expected Trump to do well in Westchester, Nassau, Suffolk, Bergen, etc.
Breton Racer
Harrytruman48
Rookie
United States

« Reply #9 on: October 15, 2016, 05:38:40 PM »

I highly doubt that, highly educated populace Hillary will win easily.
dspNY
United States

« Reply #10 on: October 15, 2016, 05:42:22 PM »

Hillary will win the burbs comfortably. Trump became a complete laughing stock
International Brotherhood of Bernard
interstate73

« Reply #11 on: October 15, 2016, 05:55:14 PM »

Whatever gains Trump makes with the fistpumpers in Nutley and Lodi and Caldwell will easily be offset by tremendous losses with the minorities and educated white folk in the rest of the New Jersey suburbs. I suspect Morris County, which is very wealthy and educated and has gone Republican for the entirety of the 20th century (excepting 1912 and 1964) could end up narrowly in Hilldog's column.
Pages: [1]  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies