The Mideast Record-Courier: LIVE Coverage of the October '16 Election (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 27, 2024, 03:22:50 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Atlas Fantasy Elections
  Atlas Fantasy Elections (Moderators: Southern Senator North Carolina Yankee, Lumine)
  The Mideast Record-Courier: LIVE Coverage of the October '16 Election (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: The Mideast Record-Courier: LIVE Coverage of the October '16 Election  (Read 2192 times)
Pragmatic Conservative
1184AZ
YaBB God

Political Matrix
E: 3.00, S: -0.41

« on: October 15, 2016, 07:36:57 PM »

Just a note that a few of the votes in the South are actually ineligible and thus the Federalists actually have a 2 vote lead right now in both races.
Thanks - I'll adjust the numbers in the next update. Who are the invalid voters?
TDAS (Fremont), Alex (not registered), and Steelers (hasn't posted often enough), I think.
The above plus ZuWo (hasn't posted often enough)
Pragmatic Conservative
1184AZ
YaBB God

Political Matrix

« Reply #1 on: October 16, 2016, 11:41:01 AM »

Does the South have it's own election rules (because I'm 95% sure the Federal Election won't apply; as its technically a regional office)
No the South does not have its own rules.
Pragmatic Conservative
1184AZ
YaBB God

Political Matrix

« Reply #2 on: October 16, 2016, 01:50:07 PM »

For people who aren't citizens of the South, I think the regional constitution is fairly clear that they wouldn't count. 

There probably isn't a posting requirement though (I'm opposed to posting requirements anyway).
I'm pretty sure Siren is correct here. Per Article III, Section 4 of the Constitution, senatorial elections are regulated and administered by the Regions, which suggests that federal activity requirements would not apply. However, since TDAS and Alex are invalid due to citizenship requirements (neither is registered to vote in the South), removing the activity requirement does not effect the outcome of the election.

How does this effect the vote totals?
The two votes that would be valid now are offsetting, so the margin stays the same.
Pragmatic Conservative
1184AZ
YaBB God

Political Matrix

« Reply #3 on: October 21, 2016, 05:31:38 PM »

look here: https://uselectionatlas.org/FORUM/index.php?topic=249149.0
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies