The Mideast Record-Courier: LIVE Coverage of the October '16 Election (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 28, 2024, 07:39:12 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Atlas Fantasy Elections
  Atlas Fantasy Elections (Moderators: Southern Senator North Carolina Yankee, Lumine)
  The Mideast Record-Courier: LIVE Coverage of the October '16 Election (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: The Mideast Record-Courier: LIVE Coverage of the October '16 Election  (Read 2213 times)
Lumine
LumineVonReuental
Atlas Icon
« on: October 17, 2016, 09:20:41 PM »

We can further report that the special election to succeed former Senator Tmthforu has ended in an exact tie, with 16 votes apiece for Federalist JCL and Laborite Southern Gothic. To make this outcome all the more unusual, there does not appear to be an established procedure for resolving these sorts of outcomes in the regional statute. Under the terms of the Federal Electoral Act passed earlier this year, ties in federal elections are resolved by a runoff vote held one week after the original balloting. As we know, however, senatorial elections are administered by the regions, not the federal government, and therefore the terms of the FEA do not apply. Governor PiT has yet to announce how, and when, the tie will be broken; until then, the South's Class II Senate seat is likely to remain unfilled.

Crazy! I wonder if there's ever been a tie before.  Thanks for keeping up with all this.

They're very rare, but they have happened before. I once tied TNF on a Midwest Senate race, but refused to go to a run off since one of his voters had invalidated his vote on purpose. I'm sure there's other examples as well.
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies