The Mideast Record-Courier: LIVE Coverage of the October '16 Election (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 27, 2024, 03:19:21 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Atlas Fantasy Elections
  Atlas Fantasy Elections (Moderators: Southern Senator North Carolina Yankee, Lumine)
  The Mideast Record-Courier: LIVE Coverage of the October '16 Election (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: The Mideast Record-Courier: LIVE Coverage of the October '16 Election  (Read 2191 times)
Anna Komnene
Siren

« on: October 16, 2016, 11:53:41 AM »

Does the South have it's own election rules (because I'm 95% sure the Federal Election won't apply; as its technically a regional office)

For people who aren't citizens of the South, I think the regional constitution is fairly clear that they wouldn't count. 

There probably isn't a posting requirement though (I'm opposed to posting requirements anyway).
Anna Komnene
Siren

« Reply #1 on: October 17, 2016, 09:03:00 PM »

We can further report that the special election to succeed former Senator Tmthforu has ended in an exact tie, with 16 votes apiece for Federalist JCL and Laborite Southern Gothic. To make this outcome all the more unusual, there does not appear to be an established procedure for resolving these sorts of outcomes in the regional statute. Under the terms of the Federal Electoral Act passed earlier this year, ties in federal elections are resolved by a runoff vote held one week after the original balloting. As we know, however, senatorial elections are administered by the regions, not the federal government, and therefore the terms of the FEA do not apply. Governor PiT has yet to announce how, and when, the tie will be broken; until then, the South's Class II Senate seat is likely to remain unfilled.

Crazy! I wonder if there's ever been a tie before.  Thanks for keeping up with all this.

As for the concern about how to handle it, the South Constitution covers it in Article VI, section 5.

You must be logged in to read this quote.

Anna Komnene
Siren

« Reply #2 on: October 22, 2016, 01:26:46 AM »

I mean, that's just the way the ballot is ordered, so I don't see how you could discern intent from that.
Anna Komnene
Siren

« Reply #3 on: October 22, 2016, 01:39:48 AM »

I mean, that's just the way the ballot is ordered, so I don't see how you could discern intent from that.

I am just saying how it was done back then.

If you want to ask someone about it, ask Earl. I am pretty sure he was one who counted the vote I am remembering as then Secretary of Forum Affairs (predecessor to SoFE).

The person forgot to mark numbers and it was counted in the order that they listed them. Now they didn't copy the ballot, they listed the candidates themselves on a blank post (again with no numbers) so that is one clear difference.

Yeah, that's what I'm saying.  IMO, it would be the same thing as taking the ballot and putting a 1 in all of the boxes.  No way to know which one is the intended first preference cause copying the ballot isn't an act of personal expression.
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies