Obama administration plans to f[inks] up Russia the way they should
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
March 28, 2024, 08:05:07 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  General Politics
  U.S. General Discussion (Moderators: The Dowager Mod, Chancellor Tanterterg)
  Obama administration plans to f[inks] up Russia the way they should
« previous next »
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: Obama administration plans to f[inks] up Russia the way they should  (Read 660 times)
they don't love you like i love you
BRTD
Atlas Prophet
Ukraine

Political Matrix
E: -6.50, S: -6.67

P P
Show only this user's posts in this thread
« on: October 14, 2016, 10:15:57 PM »

http://www.nbcnews.com/news/us-news/cia-prepping-possible-cyber-strike-against-russia-n666636?cid=eml_nbn_20161014

You must be logged in to read this quote.

Only thing that could make this better is DDOS attacks Wikileaks as well and identifying and then doxxing any person involved with it.
Citizen (The) Doctor
ArchangelZero
United States

Political Matrix
E: -3.23, S: -4.52

« Reply #1 on: October 14, 2016, 10:27:09 PM »

Not really covert if NBC News is reporting about it. >_>
Ban my account ffs!
snowguy716
Atlas Star
Austria

« Reply #2 on: October 14, 2016, 11:41:48 PM »

The government is trying to make it fairly overt so as to say "this is what happens when you mess with us."
Antonio the Sixth
Antonio V
Atlas Institution
United States

Political Matrix
E: -7.87, S: -3.83

P P
« Reply #3 on: October 15, 2016, 02:01:09 AM »

Good. An eye for an eye.
Citizen (The) Doctor
ArchangelZero
United States

Political Matrix
E: -3.23, S: -4.52

« Reply #4 on: October 15, 2016, 04:41:03 AM »

The government is trying to make it fairly overt so as to say "this is what happens when you mess with us."

I'm pretty sure they could get that message across without broadcasting it through NBC. It's basically d[inks]-waving at this point.
Torie
Moderators
Atlas Legend
Ukraine

Political Matrix
E: -3.48, S: -4.70

« Reply #5 on: October 15, 2016, 10:47:43 AM »

You don't need cyber hacking to expose Putin's unsavory activities. He advertises them, and takes pride in it. This article is all very vague. I have this feeling this is all hat, no cattle.
Person Man
Angry_Weasel
Atlas Superstar
United States

« Reply #6 on: October 15, 2016, 12:15:47 PM »
« Edited: October 15, 2016, 12:24:33 PM by Spicy Purrito »

Maybe show that Trump is a client of Putin and Assange's IT firm? Beyond that, maybe show that the Russian Government and United Russia Party is filled with pedophiles, slave and drug smugglers, gangbangers, and other deplorables but I am sure that some of them are good people.

Gass3268
Moderators
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #7 on: October 15, 2016, 01:17:37 PM »

You don't need cyber hacking to expose Putin's unsavory activities. He advertises them, and takes pride in it. This article is all very vague. I have this feeling this is all hat, no cattle.

Word is they might try to release personal and banking information of Russian officials.
Antonio the Sixth
Antonio V
Atlas Institution
United States

Political Matrix
E: -7.87, S: -3.83

P P
« Reply #8 on: October 15, 2016, 01:42:01 PM »

It doesn't apply to everything, but it applies here.
BRTD
Atlas Prophet
Ukraine

Political Matrix

P P
« Reply #9 on: October 15, 2016, 02:36:19 PM »

Word is they might try to release personal and banking information of Russian officials.

Cheesy
FEMA Camp Administrator
Cathcon
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #10 on: October 15, 2016, 03:27:51 PM »

Would prefer to have heard about this through means other than the Atlas Forum. I mean, it's understandable to want to send a very clear message, but wouldn't it have been so much more satisfying to hear about "inexplicable" or potentially "nefarious" SCADA or defense technology failures sweeping Russia?
MASHED POTATOES. VOTE!
Kalwejt
Atlas Institution

« Reply #11 on: October 15, 2016, 04:57:30 PM »

Cheesy

This would be the best thing ever.

Hitting the oligarchs is hitting the regime's most sensitive point.
BRTD
Atlas Prophet
Ukraine

Political Matrix

P P
« Reply #12 on: October 16, 2016, 12:04:26 AM »

I don't think this needs to be covert anyway. Think of the damage full doxxing could do to Russian government officials, releasing bank accounts, passwords, Russian equivalent of Social Security Numbers, etc. They need to up this and go further down the chain and target governors and mayors, etc. too.
2952-0-0
exnaderite
Junior Chimp

« Reply #13 on: October 16, 2016, 02:06:53 AM »
« Edited: October 16, 2016, 02:09:55 AM by Thoughtful Cynic »

I don't think this needs to be covert anyway. Think of the damage full doxxing could do to Russian government officials, releasing bank accounts, passwords, Russian equivalent of Social Security Numbers, etc. They need to up this and go further down the chain and target governors and mayors, etc. too.

That would be a clear act of war which, given what we know about Putin's personality, will lead to an escalation. Such tactics are the best way to unite the entire Russian people around their government. Imagine "independent" Russian hackers paralyzing Wall Street banks even for a few hours - the consequences will be global.

No, the response should be firm but still low enough that Putin won't be able to escalate it. Maybe another story about Putin secretly owning mansions in London and bank accounts in Geneva. Lots of Russian oligarchs own condos in Miami and Fort Lauderdale - maybe a few tax inspections are in order...
Badger
badger
Atlas Legend
United States

« Reply #14 on: October 16, 2016, 04:12:03 AM »

Person Man
Angry_Weasel
Atlas Superstar
United States

« Reply #15 on: October 16, 2016, 07:31:56 AM »

That would be a clear act of war which, given what we know about Putin's personality, will lead to an escalation. Such tactics are the best way to unite the entire Russian people around their government. Imagine "independent" Russian hackers paralyzing Wall Street banks even for a few hours - the consequences will be global.

No, the response should be firm but still low enough that Putin won't be able to escalate it. Maybe another story about Putin secretly owning mansions in London and bank accounts in Geneva. Lots of Russian oligarchs own condos in Miami and Fort Lauderdale - maybe a few tax inspections are in order...

Yeah. I was at this "Julian" guy's house a few years ago for a Christmas party down there. People know already. Something about how these people make money would be like the next step.
Higgs

Political Matrix
E: 6.14, S: -4.17

« Reply #16 on: October 16, 2016, 03:52:55 PM »

This election cycle is turning you into a warmonger. We should have a solid response against Russia's cyber attacks, like what Obama is doing, but there's a difference between making sure we don't appease and just flat out escalating the situation. Aren't you democrats supposed to believe in a steady-handed foreign policy?
2952-0-0
exnaderite
Junior Chimp

« Reply #17 on: October 16, 2016, 05:13:46 PM »

This election cycle is turning you into a warmonger. We should have a solid response against Russia's cyber attacks, like what Obama is doing, but there's a difference between making sure we don't appease and just flat out escalating the situation. Aren't you democrats supposed to believe in a steady-handed foreign policy?

BRTD has acted like a left-wing version of Donald Trump for over a decade.
Pages: [1]  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies