The Atlas Hillary obsession (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 28, 2024, 03:13:20 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Forum Community
  Forum Community (Moderators: The Dowager Mod, YE, KoopaDaQuick 🇵🇸)
  The Atlas Hillary obsession (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: The Atlas Hillary obsession  (Read 1068 times)
Xing
xingkerui
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix
E: -6.52, S: -3.91

P P P
« on: October 16, 2016, 11:37:54 AM »

I've never been enthralled by Hillary. I like her well enough, but she's not my ideal candidate, as evidenced by the fact that I supported Bernie in the primaries. She does strike me as someone who is very careful and calculated. While that can be a good thing at times, it does make it seem as though shes reluctant to take many bold positions, which often needs to be done to make progress. That's the biggest reason why she's seen as the "status quo" candidate, and while I don't think that label is entirely fair, I do have my doubts that a Hillary Clinton presidency would bring about large-scale change (especially with a Republican congress.)

I do recognize, however, that she is currently the only qualified candidate in the race, and that the stakes are incredibly high. If she were running against a more generic Republican, I would probably still support her, since I do agree with her on most issues, but I would probably not do so enthusiastically. Since she's running against a truly vile man who is completely unfit to be president, however, I am supporting her with a great sense of urgency. I think Hillary will be a perfectly competent president, but I'm not sure whether or not she'll be a great president.
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies