Why is Clinton ahead in the polls?
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 25, 2024, 05:47:22 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Election Archive
  Election Archive
  2016 U.S. Presidential Election
  Why is Clinton ahead in the polls?
« previous next »
Pages: [1] 2
Author Topic: Why is Clinton ahead in the polls?  (Read 1504 times)
Senator-elect Spark
Spark498
Atlas Politician
Junior Chimp
United States

Political Matrix
E: -6.58, S: 0.00

P P P
Show only this user's posts in this thread
« on: October 15, 2016, 09:58:19 AM »
« edited: November 10, 2022, 08:47:21 PM by Senator Spark »

Huh
heatcharger
Junior Chimp
Sweden

Political Matrix
E: -1.04, S: -0.24

« Reply #1 on: October 15, 2016, 09:58:54 AM »

lol
Frozen Sky Ever Why
ShadowOfTheWave
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #2 on: October 15, 2016, 10:01:03 AM »

You're a joke.
Incipimus iterum
United States

« Reply #3 on: October 15, 2016, 10:03:12 AM »
« Edited: October 15, 2016, 10:06:16 AM by IBDD »

Well.....
1.She's running against a person who cannot keep his mouth shut when it is necessary.
2. She's taking the high road and letting the media do her job for her.
3. Trump has offeneded, veterans, women, latinos, african americans, muslims, and mormans.
ProudModerate2
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #4 on: October 15, 2016, 10:03:44 AM »

Have you been hiding under a rock the last 8 days ?
TDAS04
Atlas Star
Bhutan

« Reply #5 on: October 15, 2016, 10:05:27 AM »

Roll Eyes
heatcharger
Junior Chimp
Sweden

Political Matrix
E: -1.04, S: -0.24

« Reply #6 on: October 15, 2016, 10:07:08 AM »

Why are you the most useless poster on the board? That's the real question.
Maxwell
mah519
Atlas Star
Germany

Political Matrix
E: -6.45, S: -6.96

« Reply #7 on: October 15, 2016, 10:07:38 AM »

Why would this election, demographically, be better for Republicans than 2012?
Rand
YaBB God
United States

« Reply #8 on: October 15, 2016, 10:08:38 AM »

Polls were invented specifically to perpetuate the narrative that Hillary Clinton is at an advantage in order to suppress Republican votes in 2016. The MSM, Obama, George Soros, and Hitler have been part of this sinister plan for a millennium. Everybody knows Donald Trump would win by a landslide if not for the gays and Mexicans answering the phone saying they're voting for Hillary with a different voice ten or fifteen times.
GeorgiaModerate
Moderators
Atlas Superstar

« Reply #9 on: October 15, 2016, 10:15:48 AM »

Polls were invented specifically to perpetuate the narrative that Hillary Clinton is at an advantage in order to suppress Republican votes in 2016. The MSM, Obama, George Soros, and Hitler have been part of this sinister plan for a millennium. Everybody knows Donald Trump would win by a landslide if not for the gays and Mexicans answering the phone saying they're voting for Hillary with a different voice ten or fifteen times.

You do a wonderful impression of a Trump supporter. Smiley
rafta_rafta

« Reply #10 on: October 15, 2016, 10:19:44 AM »

The hideous, diabolical truth about Hillary Clinton

https://www.washingtonpost.com/blogs/compost/wp/2016/10/14/the-hideous-diabolical-truth-about-hillary-clinton/?tid=pm_pop_b&utm_term=.116ea5e80580
Oakvale
oakvale
Atlas Icon
Ukraine
Political Matrix
E: -0.77, S: -4.00

« Reply #11 on: October 15, 2016, 10:24:25 AM »

Wow, strong stench of dog sweat in here. Not good!
Torie
Moderators
Atlas Legend
Ukraine

Political Matrix
E: -3.48, S: -4.70

« Reply #12 on: October 15, 2016, 10:27:08 AM »

Is it that all the polls are rigged (except those odd daily tracking ones that come out of the twilight zone), or that the vote counting will be rigged, or both? Trump used to love the polls I might note.
Senator-elect Spark
Spark498
Atlas Politician
Junior Chimp
United States

Political Matrix
E: -6.58, S: 0.00

P P P
« Reply #13 on: October 15, 2016, 10:31:16 AM »

Is it that all the polls are rigged (except those odd daily tracking ones that come out of the twilight zone), or that the vote counting will be rigged, or both? Trump used to love the polls I might note.

All of them. They are favoring Hillary
GeorgiaModerate
Moderators
Atlas Superstar

« Reply #14 on: October 15, 2016, 10:33:45 AM »

Serious question: do you actually recognize the possibility that more people really are going to vote for Clinton?
Incipimus iterum
United States

« Reply #15 on: October 15, 2016, 10:36:16 AM »

Serious question: do you actually recognize the possibility that more people really are going to vote for Clinton?
Spark498 If Clinton wins will you be those people who think the election is rigged?
GeorgiaModerate
Moderators
Atlas Superstar

« Reply #16 on: October 15, 2016, 10:48:34 AM »

I don't understand how they can bring themselves to vote for that woman.

I understand you feel that way.  But everyone doesn't think alike (and not just on this topic).  Whether or not we think another person's opinions are rational or reasonable, that doesn't make them less real.  It's important to separate facts from our personal biases, and right now the facts are that most of the polls -- many of them by skillful pollsters who are trying their best to get an accurate picture of the race -- show that significantly more people do plan to vote for Clinton than for Trump.

Trying to view the world as it is, rather than the way we want it to be, provides a much more effective (if less comfortable) way of dealing with the world.  It took me a long time to learn that. Wink  (I'm not saying age brings wisdom -- I know plenty of counterexamples -- but one thing it does bring is experience, and with that comes perspective.)
The world will shine with light in our nightmare
Just Passion Through
Atlas Legend
Norway

Political Matrix
E: -6.32, S: -7.48

P P P

« Reply #17 on: October 15, 2016, 10:51:49 AM »

I've heard from a lot of respectable people in the polling industry that they explicitly hire illegal immigrants to write their polls.  Lots of people, folks.  Very smart people.  I've heard some horrible things.
Chunk Yogurt for President!
CELTICEMPIRE
Junior Chimp
Georgia

« Reply #18 on: October 15, 2016, 10:59:15 AM »

Hillary Clinton is a terrible candidate, but Trump manages to convince America that he's worse.
GeorgiaModerate
Moderators
Atlas Superstar

« Reply #19 on: October 15, 2016, 11:09:58 AM »

Hillary Clinton is a terrible candidate, but Trump manages to convince America that he's worse.

I once read an article (can't remember the author, unfortunately) that encouraged people to always vote.  One of its points was that the choice might not always be between "good" and "bad"; sometimes it was between "bad" and "worse", and that was often a more significant choice.

This motivation is probably driving a lot of votes in this election.  Clinton is viewed as bad by many voters, but it's within fairly well-defined boundaries -- i.e., no worse than Obama, and the country's in decent shape after his Presidency (contrary to dire warnings from the right in 2008).  In contrast, Trump is potentially unprecedentedly worse.
PeteB
Canada

« Reply #20 on: October 15, 2016, 11:16:13 AM »

Actually, the difference is much more striking than that. I agree that Clinton, for all her competence, is a very weak and ulikeable candidate, but Trump is not even a candidate - he is a Reality TV joke.
BaldEagle1991
YaBB God
United States

« Reply #21 on: October 15, 2016, 11:16:46 AM »

Well.....
1.She's running against a person who cannot keep his mouth shut when it is necessary.
3. Trump has offeneded, veterans, women, latinos, african americans, muslims, and mormans. Also Filipinos, Japanese, people in his own party, and Native Americans

Also 4. Her opponent is perhaps the embodiment of the trolls in the YouTube comment section.
Devout Centrist
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix
E: -99.99, S: -99.99

P P
« Reply #22 on: October 15, 2016, 11:18:58 AM »

Well.....
3. Trump has offeneded, veterans, women, latinos, african americans, muslims, and mormans. Also Filipinos, Japanese, people in his own party, and Native Americans

Also 4. Her opponent is perhaps the embodiment of the trolls in the YouTube comment section.
Except unlike a troll who at least could be a decent person in real life, Trump is a bonafide asshole.
Hermit For Peace
hermit
Junior Chimp

« Reply #23 on: October 15, 2016, 11:21:59 AM »

Here's what I wonder: Why isn't Hillary farther ahead in the polls than she is?

Trump is a train wreck. There has got to be a reason why no living President supports him, or that so many in his own party are pulling away from him, disowning his actions and not voting for him.

Why are there still people willing to vote for Trump after all that he has said and done to outrage just about every decent moral American citizen in the country?

Not to mention he has no experience for the job.

People who are voting for Trump are giving the finger to America and all it stands for.

BaldEagle1991
YaBB God
United States

« Reply #24 on: October 15, 2016, 11:24:06 AM »

Well.....

Except unlike a troll who at least could be a decent person in real life, Trump is a bonafide asshole.

You could be right, but I have had the experience of checking out the trolls and their YouTube profiles, and it tells me otherwise.
Pages: [1] 2  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies