Kasich says if GOP doesnt evolve he will leave it
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
June 09, 2024, 08:02:34 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Election Archive
  Election Archive
  2016 U.S. Presidential Election
  Kasich says if GOP doesnt evolve he will leave it
« previous next »
Pages: [1] 2 3
Author Topic: Kasich says if GOP doesnt evolve he will leave it  (Read 2725 times)
OSR stands with Israel
Computer89
Atlas Legend

Political Matrix
E: 3.42, S: 2.61

P P P

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« on: October 15, 2016, 04:59:51 PM »

http://thehill.com/blogs/ballot-box/presidential-races/301174-kasich-gop-must-evolve-or-it-will-die

Line 7 of that says it
No War, but the War on Christmas
iBizzBee
Junior Chimp

« Reply #1 on: October 15, 2016, 05:00:45 PM »

Kasich has a nice way of speaking; but his actual policies are firmly right-wing, I don't really understand all the love for him in the middle or on the left.
heatcharger
Junior Chimp
Sweden

Political Matrix
E: -1.04, S: -0.24

« Reply #2 on: October 15, 2016, 05:01:03 PM »

Empty threat. He won't leave the party until after his ridiculous presidential ambitions have passed him.
OSR stands with Israel
Computer89
Atlas Legend

Political Matrix

P P P

« Reply #3 on: October 15, 2016, 05:03:53 PM »

Kasich has a nice way of speaking; but his actual policies are firmly right-wing, I don't really understand all the love for him in the middle or on the left.

His policies are fiscally conservative polices, but Trump wing of the party is essentially a repudiation of that and Hillary economic polices are closer to his then Trump
OSR stands with Israel
Computer89
Atlas Legend

Political Matrix

P P P

« Reply #4 on: October 15, 2016, 05:04:32 PM »

and oh ya if your center right or centrist kasich was the best guy in this election period
Devout Centrist
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix
E: -99.99, S: -99.99

P P
« Reply #5 on: October 15, 2016, 05:06:50 PM »

I mean, where would he go? Libertarian Party? Maybe become a New Democrat if he repudiated some of his stances?

Go full Hiram Johnson?
heatcharger
Junior Chimp
Sweden

Political Matrix
E: -1.04, S: -0.24

« Reply #6 on: October 15, 2016, 05:07:35 PM »

and oh ya if your center right or centrist kasich was the best guy in this election period

If you're actually a centrist, then Hillary is the best candidate in this election. Period.

Kasich being some sort of a moderate is a joke. He's just a "soothing Midwesterner" which made him look sane next to the loons he was on stage with.
ProudModerate2
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #7 on: October 15, 2016, 05:07:40 PM »

It's about time somebody says it.
Orthogonian Society Treasurer
CommanderClash
YaBB God
Bermuda

Political Matrix
E: 0.32, S: 4.78

P
« Reply #8 on: October 15, 2016, 05:08:44 PM »

Devout Centrist
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix

P P
« Reply #9 on: October 15, 2016, 05:09:12 PM »

If you're actually a centrist, then Hillary is the best candidate in this election. Period.

Kasich being some sort of a moderate is a joke. He's just a "soothing Midwesterner" which made him look sane next to the loons he was on stage with.
After watching him in the primaries, I can hardly imagine him lambasting his opponent in any meaningful way.

Kasich: "Hillary's America is not one that looks, uh, good. It's not my vision. I don't, uh, don't see what else...Geez oh man"
Yank2133
Junior Chimp

« Reply #10 on: October 15, 2016, 05:10:12 PM »

I don't understand it at all as well.
Arbitrage1980
« Reply #11 on: October 15, 2016, 05:11:37 PM »

I'm a conservative Republican and had major issues with Kasich during the primary due to policy, mainly his expansion of Medicaid in Ohio under Obamacare, support for amnesty for illegal immigrants, and support for Common Core. I also did not like his self-righteous style, invoking Jesus for instance to justify his policies.

Having said that, I prefer Kasich to Trump by a country mile, and he would have demolished Hillary in the biggest GOP victory since HW Bush 1988.
Yank2133
Junior Chimp

« Reply #12 on: October 15, 2016, 05:13:20 PM »

His policies are fiscally conservative polices, but Trump wing of the party is essentially a repudiation of that

hahaha. Trump is a far-right loon on fiscal policy, just like there rest of his party. His "economic populism" is just lip service; if he actually got elected, he'd be a union-buster who would rubber stamp everything Paul Ryan passes. Trump has literally said that workers' wages are "too higH". His anti-working class, social darwinist economic policies aren't atypical of the Republican Party whatsoever.

It is also funny how some still think Americans give a **** about fiscal conservatism. The fact that the right still thinks this is a winning issue is part of the reason why they aren't going to be winning presidential elections any time soon.
#TheShadowyAbyss
TheShadowyAbyss
Atlas Icon
Palestinian Territory, Occupied

Political Matrix
E: -5.81, S: -3.64

« Reply #13 on: October 15, 2016, 05:14:04 PM »

The Trump wing of the GOP must be defeated and destroyed at all costs.
Devout Centrist
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix

P P
« Reply #14 on: October 15, 2016, 05:15:04 PM »

Moderate Hero is really challenged when it comes to the whole ideological thing. He's literally said that Wall St. stooge Clinton is firmly on the left, while crown prince of the Tea Party Marco Rubio is "centre-right". In addition to this, despite being a self proclaimed "Moderate Hero", he's a YUGE fan of Narendra Modi.
SHE'S STOOGING SO HARD IT'LL MAKE YOUR HEAD SPIN
OSR stands with Israel
Computer89
Atlas Legend

Political Matrix

P P P

« Reply #15 on: October 15, 2016, 05:15:42 PM »

His policies are fiscally conservative polices, but Trump wing of the party is essentially a repudiation of that

hahaha. Trump is a far-right loon on fiscal policy, just like there rest of his party. His "economic populism" is just lip service; if he actually got elected, he'd be a union-buster who would rubber stamp everything Paul Ryan passes. Trump has literally said that workers' wages are "too higH". His anti-working class, social darwinist economic policies aren't atypical of the Republican Party whatsoever.

Well except the fact that Kasich is an actual fiscal conservative(who supports balancing the budget and cutting waste) while trump would add 10 trillion dollars to the debt  in a time of economic growth and with no major foreign crises like WW2 and the cold war
Ronnie
Junior Chimp
United States
« Reply #16 on: October 15, 2016, 05:15:47 PM »
« Edited: October 15, 2016, 05:21:48 PM by Ronnie »

It's because he more-or-less represents what politics in general, but especially on the right, should be about: working with political opponents even when you disagree with them, and conveying a hopeful vision about society and the future.  These principles are anathematic to the Republican Party of Cruz and Trump, which eschews compromise and resorts to blaming the "other" for an America they perceive is in decline.  Even though Kasich has many ideas I disagree with, I wish there were more politicians like him and President Obama, with whom I think he has much in common.
OSR stands with Israel
Computer89
Atlas Legend

Political Matrix

P P P

« Reply #17 on: October 15, 2016, 05:18:26 PM »
« Edited: October 15, 2016, 05:23:34 PM by Moderate Hero »

Moderate Hero is really challenged when it comes to the whole ideological thing. He's literally said that Wall St. stooge Clinton is firmly on the left, while crown prince of the Tea Party Marco Rubio is "centre-right". In addition to this, despite being a self proclaimed "Moderate Hero", he's a YUGE fan of Narendra Modi.

Im not a moderate hero , i just am compared to the far right and far left dominating both parties today. And no Rubio is closer to Jeb Bush and Romney then Cruz. And Hillary was center left before she pandered totally to bernie wing of the party .
Oswald Acted Alone, You Kook
The Obamanation
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #18 on: October 15, 2016, 05:23:22 PM »

The GOP certainly does need to evolve, but to such a degree that even Kasich might not be able to fit in.

People here think the GOP is a White Supremacist hate group, and it needs to evolve beyond that, for starters.
OSR stands with Israel
Computer89
Atlas Legend

Political Matrix

P P P

« Reply #19 on: October 15, 2016, 05:26:12 PM »
« Edited: October 15, 2016, 05:29:37 PM by Moderate Hero »

Modi is the Reagan and Thatcher(my two favorite leaders of the past 50 years) of India. Plus there are many world leaders   since the 80s i like more then Modi:

Reagan
Thatcher
HW Bush
Bill Clinton(1994-2000 version)
David Cameron
And if Kasich or Rubio won them too

Absentee Voting Ghost of Ruin
Runeghost
Atlas Icon

« Reply #20 on: October 15, 2016, 05:27:18 PM »

Silly Kasich. The GOP doesn't believe in evolution.
OneJ
OneJ_
YaBB God
United States

« Reply #21 on: October 15, 2016, 05:28:58 PM »

His views on climate change, Obama nominating the Supreme Court Justice, and wages are troubling. He isn't that moderate, but he is better than a lot of other Republicans.
OSR stands with Israel
Computer89
Atlas Legend

Political Matrix

P P P

« Reply #22 on: October 15, 2016, 05:35:50 PM »

Im not a moderate hero , i just am compared to the far right and far left

Okay. Here's the problem, though: you don't know what either of those terms mean.

Modi is the Reagan and Thatcher(my two favorite leaders of the past 50 years) of India. Plus there are many world politicians   since the 80s i like more then Modi:

Reagan
Thatcher
HW Bush
Bill Clinton(1994-2000 version)
David Cameron
John Kasich

If Reagan, Modi, and Thatcher are your three favorite politicians, then you are nowhere near "moderate".

Modi isnt in my top 3 and I know Reagan isnt moderate but in today's republican party he would be considered one.Again my atlas name is mocking how far right todays gop went more then actully reflecting me. If Kasich was the nominee I would have changed my screen name.

My screen name was Moderate Hero Republican in the Primaries since trump won the nomination i got rid of the republican part of it
Xing
xingkerui
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix
E: -6.52, S: -3.91

P P P
« Reply #23 on: October 15, 2016, 05:38:04 PM »

Kasich isn't a moderate, he's just relatively sane compared to most prominent Republicans these days. It should be telling that the party is too extreme for basically a mainstream conservative. If Republicans that aren't willing to buy into Trumpism (regardless of how "moderate" or "conservative" those folks are) leave the party, the Republican Party is toast.
hopper
United States

« Reply #24 on: October 15, 2016, 05:49:17 PM »

I think Kasich is a Moderate Conservative.
Pages: [1] 2 3  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies