Ex-GOP strategist Rick Wilson is trying to build new party out of #NeverTrump (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 28, 2024, 09:50:44 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  General Politics
  U.S. General Discussion (Moderators: The Dowager Mod, Chancellor Tanterterg)
  Ex-GOP strategist Rick Wilson is trying to build new party out of #NeverTrump (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: Ex-GOP strategist Rick Wilson is trying to build new party out of #NeverTrump  (Read 2518 times)
SteveRogers
duncan298
YaBB God

Political Matrix
E: -3.87, S: -5.04

« on: October 18, 2016, 12:39:13 AM »

Actually, my APUSH teacher agrees that historically it is time for a new party to arise and predicted this months ago.  Every few decades a new party is supposed to replace an old and I believe it may be time....

There is literally no historical evidence to support this.
SteveRogers
duncan298
YaBB God

Political Matrix
E: -3.87, S: -5.04

« Reply #1 on: October 18, 2016, 06:55:52 PM »

Actually, my APUSH teacher agrees that historically it is time for a new party to arise and predicted this months ago.  Every few decades a new party is supposed to replace an old and I believe it may be time....

"Every few decades?"  When's the last time a third party had any real shot going anywhere?  1912?
We are overdue actually. That was her point.
Okay... but the collapse of the Whigs and their replacement by the Republican Party happened in 1856, and nothing remotely similar has happened in the 160 years since. So where are you pulling "every few decades" from? Where is the historical evidence that that's how it is "supposed" to work?
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies