Pray for this election!
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 26, 2024, 06:26:58 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  General Politics
  Individual Politics (Moderator: The Dowager Mod)
  Pray for this election!
« previous next »
Pages: 1 [2]
Author Topic: Pray for this election!  (Read 904 times)
Attorney General, LGC Speaker, and Former PPT Dwarven Dragon
Dwarven Dragon
Atlas Politician
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix
E: -1.42, S: -0.52

P P P

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #25 on: October 17, 2016, 05:07:56 PM »

^ If god's intention was to convince us to vote Trump, he's not doing a very good job of it. Trump is down in ARIZONA atm.
Sprouts Farmers Market ✘
Sprouts
Atlas Icon
Italy

Political Matrix
E: -4.90, S: 1.74

« Reply #26 on: October 17, 2016, 05:16:15 PM »

Castle 2016.  You don't have to vote for either.  And Castle >>> McMullin.

Replace Jesus with the eldest living Trump
Cashew
United States

« Reply #27 on: October 17, 2016, 05:25:32 PM »

I promise you, if God had anything to do with this election, we wouldn't be stuck with Trump and Hillary. That's why it's funny.

Just wait.  God has something in the works.  He is just waiting for the right time.
[/quote]
I see what your trying to say, but what makes you think everything sent from god is positive? The orange Caligula could just as well have been sent to expose the rot in the GOP.
RFayette
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #28 on: October 17, 2016, 05:47:01 PM »

We're really going to be butting heads next election cycle, I take it. Wink
Sprouts Farmers Market ✘
Sprouts
Atlas Icon
Italy

Political Matrix
E: -4.90, S: 1.74

« Reply #29 on: October 17, 2016, 06:17:11 PM »

Well, Satan is still on top of the Democratic ticket, I presume? Hopefully the Greens keep Stein or get someone even better.
RFayette
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #30 on: October 17, 2016, 06:47:48 PM »

Well, Satan is still on top of the Democratic ticket, I presume? Hopefully the Greens keep Stein or get someone even better.

I thought you said you were going to be enthusiastic for Hillary in 2020?  Sometimes it's hard to tell which posts are serious and which ones aren't.
Antonio the Sixth
Antonio V
Atlas Institution
United States

Political Matrix
E: -7.87, S: -3.83

P P
« Reply #31 on: October 17, 2016, 07:29:55 PM »

I might be repeating what others have said (new to the forum), but I would like to chime in.  I am a born again Christian.  I believe in God the Father and that he sent his Son Jesus Christ to die for us and our sins (not to condemn us all to hell).  Do we as Christians, REALLY live like Christ? No, we ALL fall short of the glory of God.  We ALL have sinned and need to ask forgiveness everyday.  With that being said, let me compare Trump and Hilary a little.  Trump-Pro-life.  Hilary-supports Pro-choice (while I understand it is a woman's right to do what she wishes with her body, it is STILL wrong to kill an unborn HUMAN being.  Let the child LIVE and put it up for adoption).  Trump-Cusses and degrades women (Not Christlike at all but has apologized and been remorseful).  Hillary-a liar and full of deceit(even the FBI has been involved-email scandal-makes you wonder what else she is hiding that could destroy humanity).  This is to just name a few.    Neither of them seem to be the right choice, but if you check the platforms and vote for your choice, whether or not you like either candidate, make your decision on what YOU believe in and what YOUR stance is on issues.  From what I've done based on my beliefs, Trump is the better candidate.  Do I really want to vote for him, not exactly. But I WON'T vote for Hillary.  I would prefer to do a write in candidate, but it won't matter anyway and I couldn't "complain" about who gets into office because I really didn't voice my opinion and vote.  Ask God to direct your decision!

You are pathetic.
100% pro-life no matter what
ExtremeRepublican
Moderators
Atlas Icon

Political Matrix
E: 7.35, S: 5.57

« Reply #32 on: October 17, 2016, 08:25:17 PM »

I thought you said you were going to be enthusiastic for Hillary in 2020?  Sometimes it's hard to tell which posts are serious and which ones aren't.

When did you switch to Castle, RFayette?
RFayette
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #33 on: October 18, 2016, 12:09:52 AM »
« Edited: October 18, 2016, 12:15:01 AM by Cruz 2020 »

Castle 2016.  You don't have to vote for either.  And Castle >>> McMullin.

I thought you said you were going to be enthusiastic for Hillary in 2020?  Sometimes it's hard to tell which posts are serious and which ones aren't.

When did you switch to Castle, RFayette?

After the sex tape, though I'll concede that anything could happen when I'm in the voting booth.  I would still prefer Trump being President over Hillary from a policy point of view, but I just can't stomach Trump from a moral perspective - I don't really know what I'll do in the voting booth, I'm just very downbeat about the whole thing, and I think that we are nearing the end-game as far as Romans 1 is concerned.  I also don't want to have to continue to defend Trump's comments as a Christian and as such damage my testimony as a Christian.  As such, I certainly don't want to publicly associate myself with him. My general view on the election is best demonstrated by this video by Dr. James White:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_gkWDjDi9-M

It's 65 minutes over two parts, but it provides a good synopsis about how many Reformed Christians feel about this race.  James White is particularly pessimistic about the nation's future, so all has to be viewed in light of that, but what he says seems to be salient, especially considering how secular the youngest generation has become, a turnaround seems quite unlikely.  And if we were to get that turnaround, it would be with an actual Christian President who will fight for good SCOTUS judges and is rock-solid.  Until then, I just hope there's as much gridlock as possible with respect to court vacancies.
🐒Gods of Prosperity🔱🐲💸
shua
Atlas Star
Nepal

Political Matrix
E: 1.29, S: -0.70

WWW Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #34 on: October 19, 2016, 06:20:24 PM »

I might be repeating what others have said (new to the forum), but I would like to chime in.  I am a born again Christian.  I believe in God the Father and that he sent his Son Jesus Christ to die for us and our sins (not to condemn us all to hell).  Do we as Christians, REALLY live like Christ? No, we ALL fall short of the glory of God.  We ALL have sinned and need to ask forgiveness everyday.  With that being said, let me compare Trump and Hilary a little.  Trump-Pro-life.  Hilary-supports Pro-choice (while I understand it is a woman's right to do what she wishes with her body, it is STILL wrong to kill an unborn HUMAN being.  Let the child LIVE and put it up for adoption).  Trump-Cusses and degrades women (Not Christlike at all but has apologized and been remorseful).  Hillary-a liar and full of deceit(even the FBI has been involved-email scandal-makes you wonder what else she is hiding that could destroy humanity).  This is to just name a few.    Neither of them seem to be the right choice, but if you check the platforms and vote for your choice, whether or not you like either candidate, make your decision on what YOU believe in and what YOUR stance is on issues.  From what I've done based on my beliefs, Trump is the better candidate.  Do I really want to vote for him, not exactly. But I WON'T vote for Hillary.  I would prefer to do a write in candidate, but it won't matter anyway and I couldn't "complain" about who gets into office because I really didn't voice my opinion and vote.  Ask God to direct your decision!

Donald is neither pro-life nor remorseful.  As for prayer, yes we need it - prayers for our own sanity if nothing else.
Pages: 1 [2]  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies