Pray for this election!
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 23, 2024, 11:52:44 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  General Politics
  Individual Politics (Moderator: The Dowager Mod)
  Pray for this election!
« previous next »
Pages: [1] 2
Author Topic: Pray for this election!  (Read 900 times)
StephR03
Show only this user's posts in this thread
« on: October 17, 2016, 02:58:49 PM »

I might be repeating what others have said (new to the forum), but I would like to chime in.  I am a born again Christian.  I believe in God the Father and that he sent his Son Jesus Christ to die for us and our sins (not to condemn us all to hell).  Do we as Christians, REALLY live like Christ? No, we ALL fall short of the glory of God.  We ALL have sinned and need to ask forgiveness everyday.  With that being said, let me compare Trump and Hilary a little.  Trump-Pro-life.  Hilary-supports Pro-choice (while I understand it is a woman's right to do what she wishes with her body, it is STILL wrong to kill an unborn HUMAN being.  Let the child LIVE and put it up for adoption).  Trump-Cusses and degrades women (Not Christlike at all but has apologized and been remorseful).  Hillary-a liar and full of deceit(even the FBI has been involved-email scandal-makes you wonder what else she is hiding that could destroy humanity).  This is to just name a few.    Neither of them seem to be the right choice, but if you check the platforms and vote for your choice, whether or not you like either candidate, make your decision on what YOU believe in and what YOUR stance is on issues.  From what I've done based on my beliefs, Trump is the better candidate.  Do I really want to vote for him, not exactly. But I WON'T vote for Hillary.  I would prefer to do a write in candidate, but it won't matter anyway and I couldn't "complain" about who gets into office because I really didn't voice my opinion and vote.  Ask God to direct your decision!
heatcharger
Junior Chimp
Sweden

Political Matrix
E: -1.04, S: -0.24

« Reply #1 on: October 17, 2016, 02:59:27 PM »

cool
An American Tail: Fubart Goes West
Fubart Solman
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #2 on: October 17, 2016, 02:59:51 PM »

Hahaha
Crumpets
Thinking Crumpets Crumpet
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix
E: -4.06, S: -6.52

« Reply #3 on: October 17, 2016, 03:01:55 PM »

Would you like to have a conversation about Evan McMullin, our Lord and Savior?
Ebsy
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #4 on: October 17, 2016, 03:02:26 PM »

I'll vote instead, but thanks.
MasterJedi
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #5 on: October 17, 2016, 03:03:36 PM »

Fake born again Christian getting tempted by the apple by the devil.
RFayette
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #6 on: October 17, 2016, 03:03:42 PM »
« Edited: October 17, 2016, 03:07:03 PM by Cruz 2020 »

Castle 2016.  You don't have to vote for either.  And Castle >>> McMullin.

An American Tail: Fubart Goes West
Fubart Solman
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #7 on: October 17, 2016, 03:04:22 PM »

Evan McMullin, King of Utah and Southeast Idaho. Hear, hear!

If I was a god-fearing Christian, I'd probably go with McMullin. Less mental gymnastics and he seems like a decent person.

Also, I like your current name, "Boko Harambe." A few of my friends and I used it for our political group chat name on Facebook for a while.
Sorenroy
United States

Political Matrix
E: -5.55, S: -5.91

P P
« Reply #8 on: October 17, 2016, 03:07:43 PM »

Trump-Cusses and degrades women (Not Christlike at all but has apologized and been remorseful).  Hillary-a liar and full of deceit(even the FBI has been involved-email scandal-makes you wonder what else she is hiding that could destroy humanity). This is to just name a few.

Why in the world do you forgive Trumps comments about women because of his halfhearted apology and not Clinton? If you really feel that Trump is the better choice, fine, but don't bend that to accept only one of their apologies.
tinman64

Political Matrix
E: -4.13, S: -1.57

P P
« Reply #9 on: October 17, 2016, 03:08:09 PM »

Thanks for the offer, OP, but I'll come to my own decisions.
Edu
Ufokart
Junior Chimp
Argentina

« Reply #10 on: October 17, 2016, 03:09:04 PM »

jmfcst?
EliteLX
United States

Political Matrix
E: 0.64, S: 0.85

« Reply #11 on: October 17, 2016, 03:10:33 PM »
« Edited: October 17, 2016, 03:13:26 PM by EliteLX »

It'd be really cool to see us all not blatantly rip and tear on an obviously stereotypical older technologically-nonsavvy evangelical right winger who's just trying to contribute (although poorly). I actually give him or her kudos for having the stones to get involved in a forum like this with their apparent lack of understanding how the board and contributing works.

And hey, at least they've got a point, I'm sure all of us can agree "Pray for this election!" applies to our perspective in one way or another

.. whether that be to God or the flying spaghetti monster is another thing. :-)
MasterJedi
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #12 on: October 17, 2016, 03:13:16 PM »

Just waiting to see a lot of douchebags rip and tear on an obviously stereotypical older technologically-nonsavvy evangelical right winger. I actually give him or her kudos for having the stones to get involved in a forum like this with their apparent lack of understanding how the board and contributing works.

And hey, at least they've got a point, I'm sure all of us can agree "Pray for this election!" applies to our perspective in one way or another

Most born again Christian's don't live close to Christian ideals. Probably the farthest away from actual Christian living of any sect of Christianity.
Crumpets
Thinking Crumpets Crumpet
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix
E: -4.06, S: -6.52

« Reply #13 on: October 17, 2016, 03:16:48 PM »

Evan McMullin, King of Utah and Southeast Idaho. Hear, hear!

If I was a god-fearing Christian, I'd probably go with McMullin. Less mental gymnastics and he seems like a decent person.

Also, I like your current name, "Boko Harambe." A few of my friends and I used it for our political group chat name on Facebook for a while.

Haha. Awesome!
EliteLX
United States

Political Matrix
E: 0.64, S: 0.85

« Reply #14 on: October 17, 2016, 03:16:59 PM »
« Edited: October 17, 2016, 03:29:56 PM by EliteLX »

Just waiting to see a lot of douchebags rip and tear on an obviously stereotypical older technologically-nonsavvy evangelical right winger. I actually give him or her kudos for having the stones to get involved in a forum like this with their apparent lack of understanding how the board and contributing works.

Most born again Christian's don't live close to Christian ideals. Probably the farthest away from actual Christian living of any sect of Christianity.

Those points likely change once you see who actually practices the faith (regular worship attendance, scripture study, volunteer work, .etc) but lets keep religious chitchat out of this board for the most part friend.
F_S_USATN

« Reply #15 on: October 17, 2016, 03:20:43 PM »

It'd be really cool to see us all not blatantly rip and tear on an obviously stereotypical older technologically-nonsavvy evangelical right winger who's just trying to contribute (although poorly). I actually give him or her kudos for having the stones to get involved in a forum like this with their apparent lack of understanding how the board and contributing works.

yeah but does she call the Don "daddy" or let him grab her..

thats what this election is about
StephR03
« Reply #16 on: October 17, 2016, 03:22:01 PM »

an obviously stereotypical older technologically-nonsavvy evangelical right winger who's just trying to contribute (although poorly). I actually give him or her kudos for having the stones to get involved in a forum like this with their apparent lack of understanding how the board and contributing works.

Wow, HAHA, that is me to a T!  Although cliche, does "never judge a book by its cover" mean anything? Only God is the judge!
StephR03
« Reply #17 on: October 17, 2016, 03:32:53 PM »

Although I am not offended or even surprised by the comments, it just makes me realize more and more that taking a stand on what you believe in is shamed upon (which I know it has been for many many years).  This isn't just about the election or God, but morality, or lack thereof.  Does anyone care anymore about ANYTHING?
RFayette
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #18 on: October 17, 2016, 03:34:17 PM »

Most born-again Christians don't live in America, so Trump has little to do with your argument. The Christian ideal is believing in the death, burial, and resurrection of Jesus Christ.  Born-again Evangelical Christians rightly recognize the primacy of scripture the necessity of salvation by faith alone through grace alone, and the need for our cup of wrath to be covered by someone else, so that we are legally, forensically right with God because Christ's righteousness is imputed unto our account, by no work of our own, but solely by God's grace.  That's the essence of Christianity:  we deserve to go to hell, but we have a way out.  

And as far as being born again is concerned, "Jesus answered and said unto him, Verily, verily, I say unto thee, Except a man be born again, he cannot see the kingdom of God."  Tongue
Grumpier Than Thou
20RP12
Atlas Superstar
United States
Political Matrix
E: -5.29, S: -7.13

« Reply #19 on: October 17, 2016, 03:46:47 PM »

Anytime a post has a title like this and is written by a poster with very few posts and no avatar, it's ALWAYS funny.
StephR03
« Reply #20 on: October 17, 2016, 03:57:58 PM »

Anytime a post has a title like this and is written by a poster with very few posts and no avatar, it's ALWAYS funny.

What makes it funny?  Oh, I know, I guess because I am a newbie, I don't know anything and I must be uneducated.  Just because I don't have an avatar or picture doesn't mean anything; words do and mean a whole lot more
Grumpier Than Thou
20RP12
Atlas Superstar
United States
Political Matrix
E: -5.29, S: -7.13

« Reply #21 on: October 17, 2016, 04:03:54 PM »

What makes it funny?  Oh, I know, I guess because I am a newbie, I don't know anything and I must be uneducated.  Just because I don't have an avatar or picture doesn't mean anything; words do and mean a whole lot more

I promise you, if God had anything to do with this election, we wouldn't be stuck with Trump and Hillary. That's why it's funny.
Attorney General, LGC Speaker, and Former PPT Dwarven Dragon
Dwarven Dragon
Atlas Politician
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix
E: -1.42, S: -0.52

P P P

« Reply #22 on: October 17, 2016, 04:12:11 PM »

I personally don't think God sees anything wrong with voting 3rd party, and it's not as if I'm "not really expressing my opinion by doing so" - I'm expressing an opinion that I want Gary to be President.
StephR03
« Reply #23 on: October 17, 2016, 04:30:53 PM »

I personally don't think God sees anything wrong with voting 3rd party, and it's not as if I'm "not really expressing my opinion by doing so" - I'm expressing an opinion that I want Gary to be President.

Thanks!
StephR03
« Reply #24 on: October 17, 2016, 04:45:53 PM »

I promise you, if God had anything to do with this election, we wouldn't be stuck with Trump and Hillary. That's why it's funny.
[/quote]

Just wait.  God has something in the works.  He is just waiting for the right time.
Pages: [1] 2  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies